• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    The Danes have been playing ultra defensively. It seems as if they aren't playing to win, but are playing not to lose to the Netherlands.

The Dutch haven't really been able capitalize...They cracked the Danish defense a few times but blew the opportunity. I wonder if there might've been more action had Robben been in the lineup rather than Van der Wiel.

The Danes have a very strong defense. It'll be tough for any team to crack it, especially at the wings. That's probably why they came in as number 1 in their qualifying group ahead of 2006 Semi-Finalists Portugal.

Hopefully the second half proves to be more exciting.

Thanks to a beautiful cross from Van Persie that one of the Danes wasn't expecting, the score is now 1-0. Thanks to an own goal!!

Last edited:

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Well, Holland just scored "again" :D. Not pretty but I like that goal a lot. It was a clincher, I thought it was going to be a goal the first part of the play, but it hit the post, and they Kuyt comes in out of nowhere and buries it.

The Dutch started getting into there groove in the last third of the match.

If Robben was playing and wasn't injured, the score would surely be 3-0 right now.

EDIT: Afellay from the Netherlands just almost scored but the guy who had the own goal just redeemed himself and did a crazy clearance. I so thought that it was going to be 3-0, even without Robben.

Years
    Was a fantastic clearance. Best part of the whole match for me.

It was an alright match, but pretty advantage. Holland do need Robben for that special finishing flare. However, Holland were the better team.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    It's the first match for them in this World Cup so they were understandably more cautious and nervous. That would have been a GREAT disappointment if they lost to Denmark.

After the subs started cracking the Danish defense, the Netherlands quickly gained confidence, broke the ice, and started to man-handle Denmark.

Germany is the Netherlands' fiercest rival. That'd be an awesome world cup final. Netherlands vs. Germany...Imagine that..

But I think it's going to be Netherlands vs. Spain.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Denmark were disappointing both in attack and defence. They managed to get only a few shots on target. Netherlands were okay. Elia was awesome today. Nothing else...
    Oh, I remembered that I had a bet with my friend D:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Good old predictable Italy. Defend, defend, defend, counter, counter, counter. Fair play to them, it wins them games.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    What's changed?

We didn't have a world class no.1 keeper under Sven, we still don't. Gerrard and Lampard can't work effectively together in central midfield under Sven, they still can't. We didn't have a solid right back under Sven and we still don't, Johnson's our best right back and he's better at attacking than defending, which is worrying.

None of the issues that have plagued our past few World Cup campaigns have been addressed and it's frightening because our squad is ageing now and most of our key players will only have another campaign at most in them after this year.

Back