• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    Argentina was actually quite good.
    Hmm..guys, I have to ask about tomorrow. New Zealand or Slovakia? I don't know the teams very well.

I saw that on the fixture list and laughed my head off (not literally), it has to be the weakest game by a mile.

Slovakia should be eons ahead of New Zealand, neither team is brilliant but Slovakia have some good players like Hamsik. New Zealand only qualified because the rest of oceania is worse. They and North Korea should be the ones takingthe heavy defeats.

I think Paraguay does have a chance but I gotta give it to Italy gotta give them props they got some skills but it should be a good game nonetheless we really need a good game today neither of them have been good yet today.

Paraguay have a great chance, they're an attacking side and expect to see three forwards (Santa Cruz, Cardozo & Haedo) while Italy are quite defensive and their team is getting pretty old and some time their wall will have to come down. If Paraguay keep going at them then they're bound to score.

Years
    Yea both teams do have skills although Italy is getting old, since when does age matter? lol... I still think it'd be close with each having a edge over the other Paraguay with offense and Italy with defense. I just want Argentina to face Brasil again and win. lol.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    As you may have guessed, I don't like the Italian football team xD so yeah, go Paraguay! I heard that Gatuzzo or Pirlo (can't remember who lol) isn't playing. I hope they lose so bad. But anyways I heard their team isn't that good this year.

Years
    Yea both teams do have skills although Italy is getting old, since when does age matter? lol... I still think it'd be close with each having a edge over the other Paraguay with offense and Italy with defense. I just want Argentina to face Brasil again and win. lol.

Age has always mattered otherwise players wouldn't retire. As players hit their 30s they have gone past their peak (except goalkeepers who usually reach it around this time) and they are no long as able physically. For example, they lose speed which makes wingers much less usable, it doesn't help strikers too much either and it can cause defenders to be easily beaten by attackers.

Italy are possibly hit the worst by it as well because their manager tends to keep the old bunch rather than start to play younger Italians more often so in future they're team could be worse because of it.

Years
    As you may have guessed, I don't like the Italian football team xD so yeah, go Paraguay! I heard that Gatuzzo or Pirlo (can't remember who lol) isn't playing. I hope they lose so bad. But anyways I heard their team isn't that good this year.

Thank god if it is Gatusso not playing, every team I see him play he just barges players over and dives. Pirlo still has something in him though.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    An unsurprisingly tedious game brought to life by a goal which came about from some shocking Italian defending. 1-0 Paraguay.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Yesterday I said Netherlands would beat Denmark for 2-0.. and that just happened :)
    Now talking about the Italia-Paraguay, I think it will end 1-1, or Paraguay will win, which would make very happy.

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    I want Holland to win the world cup for some reason,but I also have to support England because of the awesome club football they have.

I believe Germany also have a good chance of winning the Cup because and there past records and the fact they are the only team to score four in this World Cup, although that could have been down to awful opposition.

Today's games have been a lot better than the previous days. If this World Cup doesn't pick up in the next few days I think I will give up watching it. Props to Paraguay
    for taking the lead against Italy although nothing is being created by the former champions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I really want Paraguay to beat Italy, I just don't like Italy's football team. Too defensive for me.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Wow, Italy blows now. To put this into perspective, the U.S. is ranked 14th in the world, Paraguay on the other hand is ranked 31. So a 1-1 draw eh? What happened to Buffon, possibly the best goalie on the world behind Casillas and Julio César?
    Italy probably would have won with Buffon, he's incredible.

Look at this save during the UEFA Euro. Goalies ALWAYS have hard time saving penalties. But Buffon in this penalty, dove down and kick it out the way with his foot in some cool acrobatics. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I think once the weaker, defensive teams are out and the only defensive team left are Italy the quality will improve.

Back