• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Paraguay isn't known for being defensive. Italy would have had its butt handed to them had it not been for the goalie's miscue. Maybe the Jabulani ball really does dance in the air. No wonder the goalie's hate it and the strikers (or in this case a midfield :D) love it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    When I think of Paraguay I always think of their defence. Their a hard working defensive team that might get to the Last 16.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I also think they will make it to the round of 16. I can't wait for the Netherlands v. Japan match on Saturday...Why do they have to make it at 7:30 am Eastern Time....Don't they know I like to stay up late Friday nights and sleep in Saturday mornings? :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Good. I'm not missing the next England game, or the next Dutch one. I'm missing the Spanish though. I will see Brazil tomorrow but miss Portugal.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Italy 1 - 1 Paraguay .. it looks I guess it right again :D
    For tomorrow games, my previsions:
    New Zeland 1 - 2 Slovakia
    Portugal 2 - 1 Ivory Coast
    Brazil 3 - 0 North Korea

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    My predictions for tomorrow:

New Zealand (IS TERRIBLEEE) v. Slovakia
    0-3
    or
    1-2

Portugal v. Ivory Coast
    1-1 Draw
    or
    1-2 or 0-1 Upsets

Brazil v. North Korea
    3-1

Most likely scenario: 4 or 5-0

"I will keep my promise of scoring one goal per game," Jong Tae-se, who scored both goals in his country's 2-2 draw with Greece in a recent warm-up game, told South Korea's Chosun Ilbo." "In our group it will be Brazil and North Korea who will advance."

For some reason, I think he'll do it. I don't know why, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

So I'll give N. Korea a goal in my main prediction, but it probably won't happen. At least not against César....

Last edited:

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    My predicition of Portugal 2 - 1 Ivory Coast is just like this is the result, as a portuguese that I am, I would like to see. But I know they'll probably draw or even lose -.-
    Also, Brazil could score more than 3 to North Korea, 4 or 5 are possible too. I just don't think that North Korea scores any goal.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Do you think Dider Drogba is going to play?

Soccer games get very aggressive at times. I feel as though if Drogba plays and he's fouled the wrong way, that arm is going to hurt....A LOT.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Do you think Dider Drogba is going to play?

Soccer games get very aggressive at times. I feel as though if Drogba plays and he's fouled the wrong way, that arm is going to hurt....A LOT.

Yes, I think he's going to play. He's the biggest hope for Ivory Coast. Also, Bruno 'Leg-breaker' Alves is waiting for him :)

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Arms are just as important as legs in football. I don't feel like explaining, but I have a feeling I don't even need to explain...

Years
    I'm putting Brasil and Portugal up for winning their games tomorrow, i will go ahead to name how many points they will each gets

Portugal 2 points with 2 yellow cards different players

Brasil 3 points with 1 yellow card

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    I'm putting Brasil and Portugal up for winning their games tomorrow, i will go ahead to name how many points they will each gets

Portugal 2 points with 2 yellow cards different players

Brasil 3 points with 1 yellow card

Portugal 2 points?
    Win = 3 points
    Draw = 1 point
    Lose = 0 points

How can Portugal get 2 points? Didn't you mean goals?

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Portugal 2 points?
    Win = 3 points
    Draw = 1 point
    Lose = 0 points

How can Portugal get 2 points? Didn't you mean goals?

Yeah, he definitely meant goals.

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo is waaay overrated?

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014

Maybe a teeny weeny bit?
    Ronaldo might be able to pull off something in the game today. And hopefeully, Slovakia is going to make me some money XDDD;

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years

For club? No. For country? Yes. The only thing I can remember him doing in a Portugal shirt recently is getting Rooney sent off.

I can't stand Ronaldo, the man is unbearable. I celebrated when he moved from Man United to Real Madrid, just because it got him out of the Premier League and lowered the amount of exposure i'd get to his ridiculously annoying, overinflated ego.

A talented player without doubt, but a tosser of the highest order. [/rant]

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Why do you think he's overrated for his country?

I think he only really performs for his club because they pay him so much...

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    They rave about him in La Liga but I honestly can't recall there being much said about him whenever he plays for his country, though admittedly I don't really take an awful lot of notice of Portugal's matches. He's obviously still one of their key players and he's not to be underestimated because he's one of the few players they've got who is capable of producing a moment of match-winning brilliance but as far as I know he doesn't turn it on as much when it matters (He was the same while he was at Manchester United). To me losing Nani is a much bigger blow to Portugal than losing Ronaldo would be. Nani's been in exceptional form and his injury is unfortunate.

Like you said, he gets paid an obscene amount of money to play for Real Madrid so it could well be a factor. It's sad, but it's typical of a modern footballer.

Back