• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • Why do everybody think "vuvuzelas" are annoying. I find they give a pretty nice environment.

Last night, I heard them louder and clearer than the narrators.

When you can barely hear the squad but you can perfectly hear a "fwwwuuuoooo" on the background, that's when you start considering them annoying.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • OH NO YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. SA scored, okay it doesn't matter. But why did Gourcuff receive a red card? He didn't do anything to deserve that! I WISH THAT ****ING REFEREE ENDS UP IN HELL. France can even lose 10-0 for all I care, but that is injustice. That is not fair. I'm not watching the match, it disgusts me. Stupid ref. GTH and stay there. UGH.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Greece meet Argentina in Polokwane later, USA meet Algeria tomorrow in Tshwane and it seems in a few days, England will be meeting France in the airport :]

Years
  • Greece meet Argentina in Polokwane later, USA meet Algeria tomorrow in Tshwane and it seems in a few days, England will be meeting France in the airport :]

England have a new coach, its taking them to the airport tommorow.

Bad jokes, we should be positive about our chances.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and say South Africa will keep this as it is and Uruguay will score a second which means Mexico would go through on GD.

And later Argentina 1-1 Greece and Nigeria 2-0 South Korea. Which would send Argentina & Greece through.

WonderGirl

Years
  • It's only because they were finalists in the 2006 WC. At least they scored a goal to save the honour, but now SA might not go through.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Oh well, this is the last game for Raymond Domenech as Laurent Blanc takes over France now. Anelka will probably return as Domenech is gone.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • I'm happy too, I wanted Ireland here. They would've done better than France.
    Uruguay win 1-0, full time. Mexico will most probably face Argentina now in the next round.
    South Africa beat France 2-1, full time here as well. France were expected to top the group, but they come last :D

WonderGirl

Years
  • Yeah well I hope Laurent Blanc saves the French team.

It's funny how Europeans are doing really bad xD I guess this really is time for Africa!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Africa isn't doing any well either. I'd say it's time for South America. Again.

And that must have been the most pathetic performance from France in decades.
    Gotta get a recording of this match.

Years
  • Shame for the host but at least they took the giants with them. (Well the giants commited suicide really)

Ghana are doing pretty well so not all african teams are doing bad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Mexico has to face Argentina now from the start we played a bad game, but if we wanna beat Argentina we will need to play really well and alot better then today. The next game against Argentina is where Dos Santos and Hernandez will have to show they have it and I hope Ochoa finally gets a shot at the goalie spot, because with Perez we are at a weak spot there.

Also I think it's good that we lost in the world cup today against Uruguay that way we get it out of our system and we know that the next rounds you can't make any mistakes, but overall let's see how they prepare for the possible match up against Argentina anyone else who agrees with me please comment. Also I want this noted who doesn't want England to qualify?

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Went, France were defending champs in 2002 and got only one point but didn't even score a goal there and went out in the group stages. In 2002 too, Uruguay vs France was 0-0.

Years
  • Can't say I didn't want this to happen, but the France lost was a bit of a downer given how they got to it. I would have preferred them outplayed rather than all these politics within the team.

Back