• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
Years
  • Mexico has to face Argentina now from the start we played a bad game, but if we wanna beat Argentina we will need to play really well and alot better then today. The next game against Argentina is where Dos Santos and Hernandez will have to show they have it and I hope Ochoa finally gets a shot at the goalie spot, because with Perez we are at a weak spot there.

Also I think it's good that we lost in the world cup today against Uruguay that way we get it out of our system and we know that the next rounds you can't make any mistakes, but overall let's see how they prepare for the possible match up against Argentina anyone else who agrees with me please comment. Also I want this noted who doesn't want England to qualify?

There is a small chance of Mexico coming against Korea or Greece still.

I want England to qualify being English. If you want shocks look at the proper big teams, we're only small. :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Went, France were defending champs in 2002 and got only one point but didn't even score a goal there and went out in the group stages. In 2002 too, Uruguay vs France was 0-0.

Hmm, true, they have managed to score one goal this time. But the Anelka affair gives extra points.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • Argentina won. Greece out of world cup, second european team out, I'm so happy :)
    Also, South Korea did a good job, I didn't expected them to pass the group stage.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
  • Argentina's not gonna get too far in this world cup. Many people forget their terrible qualifying campaign in which they were owned by lesser South American teams. If everything goes as it should, they'll probably be ousted by Germany in the quarterfinal...

Argentina /should/ take care of Mexico in the Round of 16, but who knows... :/

Anyways, I'm just looking forward to the U.S./Algeria and England/Slovenia matches tomorrow.

I HOPE England finishes second in the group. :) I strongly dislike them. :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I must say, I had quite a laugh when checking today's front pages.

Go Slovenia! A tie might be enough if the US don't fail.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I want England to win and qualify (and take the top spot) and then, USA-Algeria should be a draw so both are knocked out and England and Slovenia qualify. In Group D, I want Germany to lose against Ghana so Slovenia take on Ghana and Serbia beat Australia so its Serbia vs England. If Mexico lose to Argentina, and England beat Serbia in the next round, it'll be an epic clash: England vs Argentina.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I must say, I had quite a laugh when checking today's front pages.

Go Slovenia! A tie might be enough if the US don't fail.

That's very nice. English people are always so mean to the French ;__;

But it's funny how most people think England is going to win the World Cup. I hope they like deception! xD

GO SLOVENIA!!!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • England team announced, no major surprises really. I have reservations about Defoe and Rooney playing up front together but changes needed to be made and Capello has made them. Whether or not the changes made will pay off remains to be seen.

I still can't see it being comfortable for us. I'd like it to be, and of course i'd love us to win by a decent margin but I really just can't see it happening. If we are going to win it'll be by a single goal imo. Slovenia aren't pushovers, they're not top of the group for nothing. I really wouldn't be too surprised to see us drop points against them.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Defoe puts England ahead, it's England 1-0 Slovenia! Milner crosses the ball in and Defoe taps it in the net to give England the lead. Yay, I think now we can qualify.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Haha, Algeria? Win?

U.S.A. all the way. I don't know about winning the cup, but we're not going to lose to a team that hasn't even scored a goal yet.

EDIT: Now if only the refs would stop trying to sink us...

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Rooney hit the post some time ago, and had another close call. Why can't he just score?

Slovenia had a good chance to equalise, but they fortunately waste it.

Algeria-USA is still 0-0, I hope it goes this way so Slovenia and England qualify.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • England win 1-0 and are through!
    Sadly though, USA have got the lead through a Donovan goal. I just change my channel from England-Slovenia to USA-Algeria and every American player/official have gone mad and are on top of each other :\

Edit: Yahia of Algeria gets sent off in a disastrous end of the World Cup of Algeria. USA are now through, winning 1-0. Two hours ago, Slovenia were on top of the group, and now, they are suddenly out of the world cup.. :\ :(

Germany, please don't top the group now, please, don't win today.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
  • That was crazyyyyyyyyyyyy. Oh my god, I don't think I've ever been happier about the outcome of a world cup match.

Back