• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I really think Heskey's criticised too much for not scoring enough goals. When are some people going to realise that just because Heskey doesn't score doesn't mean he doesn't help the team. He's a team player and football is a team game.

Years
    I really think Heskey's criticised too much for not scoring enough goals. When are some people going to realise that just because Heskey doesn't score doesn't mean he doesn't help the team. He's a team player and football is a team game.

I realise that but alot of people can help the team and score more often than him.

I just think it doesn't say much for England when we have one world class striker up with someone who is there for the team but little else.

Gerrard would certainly create chances for Rooney and he'd be much more of a goalscoring threat and is better at creating those chances.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    If England play 4-4-1-1, I'd have Gerrard or Joe Cole off Rooney. It's a shame Barry's got injured, he's a great player with Lampard.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I truly think that Carlton Cole should've been picked ahead of Heskey.. He does what Heskey does, but scores and isn't a complete donkey, how he didn't even get into the preliminary squad is beyond me.

Ferdinand's injury isn't worrying me..Yet...Knowing our luck it'll get worse.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I truly think that Carlton Cole should've been picked ahead of Heskey.. He does what Heskey does, but scores and isn't a complete donkey, how he didn't even get into the preliminary squad is beyond me.

Ferdinand's injury isn't worrying me..Yet...Knowing our luck it'll get worse.
    No, Heskey's always played well for England. Tell me when Carlton Cole has played well for England? Why would you throw someone with so little experience into a World Cup?

Years
    Oh no, Ferdinand confirmed out.

seal, we're talking about the team who put 17 year old, barely any premier league experience or any experience at all nevermind England experience, Theo Walcott in the last squad. But anyway, experience is no matter when Heskey is Heskey.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Hey with Ferdinand out, here's hoping Carragher gets his chance to shine for England.

[jq]No, Heskey's always played well for England. Tell me when Carlton Cole has played well for England? Why would you throw someone with so little experience into a World Cup?[/jq]

No he hasn't, Heskey has had some terrible times in an England shirt. Nearly every time Carlton Cole has played for england he's played a good game. Also, there are plenty of inexperienced players going to this World Cup, and have gone in previous World Cups, as Nuke said, Walcott 4 years ago.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    If that was aimed at me for my Carragher thing, I meant Carragher as center back, not captain.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    If that was aimed at me for my Carragher thing, I meant Carragher as center back, not captain.
    This is why I'm not too concerned about Ferdinand's injury. Dawson, King and Carragher are all great cover at centre back. Barry's injury shouldn't be too bad because it'll heal by our second match but if it doesn't heal then we could be short of a holding midfielder.

Years
    This is why I'm not too concerned about Ferdinand's injury. Dawson, King and Carragher are all great cover at centre back. Barry's injury shouldn't be too bad because it'll heal by our second match but if it doesn't heal then we could be short of a holding midfielder.

Exactly. I really rate Ferdinand, but he has had an unfortunate season and I wasn't sure if he would be fit for all the games and the pressure.

Look on the bright side, better now than half way through the campaign.

Years

King would be great cover but his fitness poses a huge problem.

I don't know if Brown is fit yet but should have brought him if so, he's the defence utility man and would have been a help for covering despite not playing much all season.

At least Carrick has had experience at centre back this season if it comes to it.

Exactly. I really rate Ferdinand, but he has had an unfortunate season and I wasn't sure if he would be fit for all the games and the pressure.

Look on the bright side, better now than half way through the campaign.

Thats true.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8721597.stm

Good or bad news?

They might think its a miss but from what I've seen of him at Hull, its bad news for us, I hope he does play.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    One thing I love about the World Cup is that the whole world can come together, forget about it's troubles and just enjoy a massive festival of sport and have an all round good time. i mean, take this thread for example. People of many nationalities have gathered here to talk about a common theme with no bad blood or insulting whatsoever.

Being English, I live in hope rather than expectation. My mind says Spain.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I normally support Brazil but this year considering the style they're playing and that Ronaldinho is not going I think I'll root for the Netherlands instead.

Back