• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I normally support Brazil but this year considering the style they're playing and that Ronaldinho is not going I think I'll root for the Netherlands instead.
    I think most people I know think this of the Dutch,"They're a great team but I think [insert team here] are better. Therefore Holland are my 3rd, or 4th favourites"

Years
    I normally support Brazil but this year considering the style they're playing and that Ronaldinho is not going I think I'll root for the Netherlands instead.

I think most people I know think this of the Dutch,"They're a great team but I think [insert team here] are better. Therefore Holland are my 3rd, or 4th favourites"

Shame Arjen Robben is now doubtful for them. If he doesn't play, then that will dint their chances so much.

How many injuries are going around currently!?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Shame Arjen Robben is now doubtful for them. If he doesn't play, then that will dint their chances so much.

How many injuries are going around currently!?
    I'd just like to point out that I said most people. Most people I know do think Holland are great but think Spain, Brazil, Italy, Germany etc. are a bit better. Of course there are Dutch supporters but most people I've spoken to think someone else is better.

Years
    I'd just like to point out that I said most people. Most people I know do think Holland are great but think Spain, Brazil, Italy, Germany etc. are a bit better. Of course there are Dutch supporters but most people I've spoken to think someone else is better.

Oh I know. I quiet like them, but there are better teams!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    It should be interesting to watch, I have a weird feeling that Brazil won't go all the way.
    I have a weird feeling Spain won't go the way. This is because of their previous World Cup record, which is mediocre.

Years
    I have a weird feeling Spain won't go the way. This is because of their previous World Cup record, which is mediocre.

England aren't one to talk, but they are relying on too many players to get far I think. If Torres gets a knock, good bye! Most of the other players are like that; well, the decent ones.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    England aren't one to talk, but they are relying on too many players to get far I think. If Torres gets a knock, good bye! Most of the other players are like that; well, the decent ones.
    I know England can't. This World Cup will probably go to Italy, Germany or Brazil, one of those 3 nearly always wins.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I know England can't. This World Cup will probably go to Italy, Germany or Brazil, one of those 3 nearly always wins.
    I'm not so sure about Italy, I've heard many mentions of this years attackers being the worst group since the 50's.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I'm French, but I know that they're not going to go far. I think Spain is going to win. Not Italy, those cheaters, France should've won in 2006 they got beaten by Mexico 2-1.

South Africa is going to get beaten up so hard. And I live close to South Africa and I know how they are, so if they lose badly they might react violently. I hope they won't, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I'm French, but I know that they're not going to go far. I think Spain is going to win. Not Italy, those cheaters, France should've won in 2006 they got beaten by Mexico 2-1.

South Africa is going to get beaten up so hard. And I live close to South Africa and I know how they are, so if they lose badly they might react violently. I hope they won't, but I'm not sure.
    I really hope the security in this World Cup is up to scratch. South Africa is quite a dangerous country, or so people tell me.

WonderGirl

Years
    Yes, South Africa is dangerous, at least in most places. And it will not be summer during the World Cup. It's sort of like winter in Southern Africa during this time.

Come visit Mozambique instead, it's much safer, prettier and hotter! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Yes, South Africa is dangerous, at least in most places. And it will not be summer during the World Cup. It's sort of like winter in Southern Africa during this time.

Come visit Mozambique instead, it's much safer, prettier and hotter! :D
    Don't worry. The fact it's winter in South Africa is really going to suit teams like England and Germany.

WonderGirl

Years
    Lol. But the thing is some people think that they can go to the beach and everything. Poor fellas xD

Going back on the subject, I really want to see Portugal vs. Brasil. Especially here in Mozambique, a Portuguese-colonised country, it's going to heat up because there's lots of Portuguese and Brazilian people. That group is quite tough because there's also Ivory Coast in it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Lol. But the thing is some people think that they can go to the beach and everything. Poor fellas xD

Going back on the subject, I really want to see Portugal vs. Brasil. Especially here in Mozambique, a Portuguese-colonised country, it's going to heat up because there's lots of Portuguese and Brazilian people. That group is quite tough because there's also Ivory Coast in it.
    Yes. North Korea aren't going to know what has hit them in that group. They are just going to be slaughtered.

Years
    V​
    I'm not so sure about Italy, I've heard many mentions of this years attackers being the worst group since the 50's.

I don't think Italy have what it takes anymore; their squad isn't that great.
    I am living in hope that England get close.

If England go through and top, we go against the runners up of group D (?) and that SHOULD be an alright match, as there aren't that many really really strong teams in that group!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    V​

If England go through and top, we go against the runners up of group D (?) and that SHOULD be an alright match, as there aren't that many really really strong teams in that group!
    Still, it's one of:
    Germany: England against Germany never ends well for an Englishman
    Ghana: An African heavyweight, dangerous.
    Australia: Got some good players and are organised
    Serbia: Another very good team

We'd probably still beat Ghana, Australia and Serbia but if Germany come second and we come top...

Years

To be fair France might not have qualified without some cheating.

I don't know if the manager is the best, no Benzema in the squad!?

South Africa have a chance of getting out of their group, if they play well they could snatch points from Uruguay & Mexico and if France are on bad form you never know.

Don't worry. The fact it's winter in South Africa is really going to suit teams like England and Germany.

It sure is. One of the factors behind people who believe we'll win, since its usually so warm at the world cup.

I think that has to be the group of death this time. The seeding system has to be a bit flawed if this happened.

Yes. North Korea aren't going to know what has hit them in that group. They are just going to be slaughtered.

As I said earlier in the thread, they have the lowest odds on the team to concede the most goals in the group stage. If they play well they could keep the scores down and maybe snatch a point but nowhere near good enough to get through that group.

V​

Alot of the top national teams have a lot of attacking flair but Italy's main point, their defence, is solid. Pirlo still has something in him. Italy will probably get somewhere and might have a little chance at retaining their title as world champions.

Still, it's one of:
    Germany: England against Germany never ends well for an Englishman
    Ghana: An African heavyweight, dangerous.
    Australia: Got some good players and are organised
    Serbia: Another very good team

We'd probably still beat Ghana, Australia and Serbia but if Germany come second and we come top...

Can't see Germany in second, they'll surely top the group. Going to be a tough competition between the other three teams. With Essien missing for Ghana I think they have a lower chance of coming 2nd than Serbia or Australia. I'm pretty sure England can handle either team.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I just love how nobody has voted for Brazil in the poll.

But I really don't see Italy or France being up there, bad coachers and some good players missing from the squad. Germany and Portugal look more menacing.

Back