• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    It's because everyone was up-field, which meant when Germany got a chance to break there was nobody back to stop them.

Not forgetting Germany's attacking play was pretty mouthwatering, sometimes we left the door open but everytime we tried to close it, they jammed their foot in.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    There will ALWAYS be what IF's...Even for the best teams. But what seperates the winners from the losers is not the what if's but the "what we did"

To be frank, and I'm sure you would agree, England didn't do much in this world cup and although I mean no disrespect to them...they should be disgusted by their performance. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    There will ALWAYS be what IF's...Even for the best teams. But what seperates the winners from the losers is not the what if's but the "what we did"

To be frank, and I'm sure you would agree, England didn't do much in this world cup and although I mean no disrespect to them...they should be disgusted by their performance. :/
    I have to agree but I do think England win the match if they go to half time at 2-2. They aren't hit on the break as much and they have the confidence that is necessary. It's just England always get these poor decisions. For example the "Hand of God" in 1986 and Campbell's disallowed goal in Euro 2004. I struggle to think of a time when Germany have had a decision like those two go against them.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Haha, that classic "Hand of God"....That and his love for cocaine are two of the reasons why I hate Maradona.. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    His brilliant talent and his touchline antics are two of the reasons why I love Maradona.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    What Joachim Low, the German coach/manager said:

"We knew that the midfielders - Gerrard and Lampard - always support the forwards and that their midfield would be open.

"We knew there would be spaces. Our objective was to set Terry up with Klose to force him to come out of the defence.

"We knew the full-backs would be very much to the side, and that would create space that we could penetrate.

"We knew they might become impatient and lose their discipline. We did that successfully.

"We could have been 3-0 up in the first half because we did penetrate them."

-----------------

I was right though. I'm not going to blame the refs, because that was a DAMN hard call to make from their angle. From the camera angle and the stands, we could see it just fine, but even the German goalkeeper wasn't sure about that goal:

"Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer admitted Frank Lampard's seemingly legitimate goal "was close", and appeared to acknowledge that Germany were fortunate to escape conceding an equaliser.

"I tried not to react to the referee and just concentrate on what was happening - it was difficult," Neuer said. "I knew it was close.

"Then I saw it on the television in the doping control office and what actually happened. I knew it was tight - probably about two metres!''

Last edited:
    Years
    Dammit, it's Germany vs Argentinia again in the Quarterfinals. As if that situation wasn't nail-biting enough back in 06... Well, Mexico winning was only a hope anyways, but...

Years
    I was right though. I'm not going to blame the refs, because that was a DAMN hard call to make from their angle.

Not being bitter, because we didn't deserve to win the game, but how was that hard to call?

The linesman had a great view a little further up from being level. It was miles over. If it was like the '66 then I can understand it. But even I saw it go miles over in the game and I wasn't even wearing my glasses.

Anyway, I am rooting for Japan and Uruguay.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

As an England fan I agree 100%. What the hell we were playing at is beyond me. People blame Capello, but it's not just him, it's the whole team's attitude and ethics. No England, drawing with Algeria isn't good enough, losing 4 - 1 can't be blamed on the ref and beating Slovenia hardly redeems your **** up against USA.

Years
    I absolutely hate penalty shootouts. It's simply the most heartbreaking way to go since it's not easy to forgive yourself when you miss and disappoint your whole country, and Yuichi Komano knows it well. Congratulations to Paraguay for making the Quarterfinals for the first time in their history.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I absolutely hate penalty shootouts. It's simply the most heartbreaking way to go since it's not easy to forgive yourself when you miss and disappoint your whole country, and Yuichi Komano knows it well. Congratulations to Paraguay for making the Quarterfinals for the first time in their history.

Me too! I hate penalty shootouts! It was the same for France vs. Italy as for Japan vs. Paraguay! I wanted Japan to win so badly and I actually got my whole family to support them, now everyone is sad! I feel so sorry for Komano. But I'm still happy that they made it this far. Better luck next time. I enjoyed discovering new strong players like Honda and Endo!

Now for Spain vs. Portugal. Come on, we all know so well that Portugal is going to own Spain hardcore :P

FORCA PORTUGAL!!!!!

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Now for Spain vs. Portugal. Come on, we all know so well that Portugal is going to own Spain hardcore :P

FORCA PORTUGAL!!!!!

I hope so :p
    But I think it will be the same as Paraguay - Japan, it will end 0-0 and then Portugal win at the penaltys.
    VAMOS PORTUGAL!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    This is Went thanking you for all your support :P

España 1 - 0 Portugal: having a 9-1 strategy is good as long as you don't have to actually, you know, attack or something.

¡VIVA ESPAÑA! Now hopefully Paraguay will own us hardcore the same way Portugal did.

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
    This World Cup is not very exciting. Remis and Remis. However, now in the final rounds it gets thrilling.
    I hope Germany makes the cup. But with Argentina as the next opponent it will be very very hard. Yeah, almost unwinnable.
    Ah yeah, those referees are not very useful. If the goal in the match England : German had counted, then I'm sure the match would not have ended this way. I don't say that England would win, but the result would have been different.
    However, the Germans are not that crazy about matches against the English team like the English people are. We fear the Dutches more ;)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    So its Spain vs Paraguay in the quarters. Will be an interesting match. I hope Paraguay do a miracle.

Oh and Brazil vs Netherlands today. Close match I think, but Brazil will pull it off.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    The world cup ended for me, I'll only watch the final now. Capdevilla will be the next James Bond, he's such a good actor! :)

Back