• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Japanese anime?

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Kita he ~diamond dust drops~ is.

I also think Neon Genesis Evangelion is completely terrible, Trigun isn't that great, Madlax is boring, ToHeart and ToHeart2 are boring too.

Most anime is pretty bad honestly.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Tch, all the people saying Pokémon obviously haven't seen the first 3 seasons.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Bo-bo-bo is really terrible, but i don't think it counts because it's intentionally supposed to be bad.(the characters mention this hundreds of times)

The Pokemon anime used to be good, bit then the creators got conceided and nearly the entirety of the show is filler(shows that aren't directly based on manga should practically never have filler episodes)

As for Neon Genesis..... that show was so confusing that you could never have the time to respect it's good qualities

Shin-chan's jokes are very funny, but if the creators animated the show better, more people would like it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    As for Neon Genesis..... that show was so confusing that you could never have the time to respect it's good qualities
    That was really only in the last four episodes or so, for the most part it was an okay series.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Alright the worst anime I've ever seen would have to be Either Persona~Trinity Soul~ or Yu-gi-oh 5 D's.

In the Former: It's a great concept, but it doesn't like ever pick up and it has to many "Mon" quality anime aspects.

The latter:...Children's cardgames on motocylces...nuff said.

Toastri

Remember! Just chill...
    Years
    The worst anime for my opinion is Yu-Gi-Oh! and Gundam Seed/Destiny *shudders*. Pokemon does NOT suck.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Compared to the current seasons, it's a lot better, but it's still a pretty weak show. If you want to see Pokemon at its peak, then it would be the entire Advance Generation series that covers Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. Even then it's still just a slightly better than average shounen show. Heck, the best thing the show has going for it is that the hero doesn't aways win, but even that isn't enough to stop it from being anything more than a slightly above average shounen.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Just watch when Ash fights Bugsy, Cydaquil using Fire Spin on Scyther from above is epic, and also when Krabby beats Exeggutor at Indigo Plateau, and then evolves and finishes off Golbat with a swift Hyper Beam.

Although I haven't really watched in years... It's the memories for me really, you wouldn't like it unless you liked Pokémon back the day.

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
    Pokemon-- Just Gay (liked the movie though)
    Naruto---- Sucks and overhyped
    Yu-gi-oh--- First couple of episodes were good but the others XD
    Digimon---- Haven't really watched in in a while but the second season sucked

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Well pokémon defiantly isn't the worst japanese anime but is one piece considered a japanese anime cause I hate that show...

If your going to refer to the Japanese version, its called Pocket Monsters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    I reckon duel masters is worse anime. Personally I think it's just taken off yu-gi-oh and made worse. Not good at all but thats just my opinion.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I reckon duel masters is worse anime. Personally I think it's just taken off yu-gi-oh and made worse. Not good at all but thats just my opinion.

Duel Masters...that just sounds like a Yugioh ripoff. Mostly becuz of it being true that all they do in Yugioh is

"Hey you want to duel?"
    "Yes I will duel you ....FOR YOUR SOUL!!!"

Didn't actually watch it but my friends did and they told me that this is all that they did after the first season.

Iron Shaman

Metagamer Lite
    Years
    I dunno about worst, but most disappointing would be Naruto (Seeing as I like manly men, but I'm watching anime, what do I expect? =P) and Code Geass R2, which is just fanservice followed by ridiculous plot twists. Now they're just milking all the story hooked people R1 brought. D:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Pokemon? Probably one of the worst TV shows to ever be released, ever. No story, just random, pointless walking around (yes, that's what Pokemon TV is about, walking), and THOUSANDS of pointless characters, human and Pokemon, who contribute to the never-ending trail of filler which runs as thick as butter. The animation quality is horrible, which is surprising considering that the shows generates so much money and attention. If you have a lot of money, you use it to improve your animation quality! It seems the producers of this show are deliberately keeping the animation cheap so as to achieve maximum profits. Even the producers of the Naruto anime have used their money to improve their animation.

First of all, are you watching Johto?
    The latest seasons of Pokemon are the best seasons in the whole series. It's fresher, unpredictable and fillers are few and far between, and when they do occur, they're really good. There's been like only one bad filler (coincidently animated by the anime's worst director) but that has been highly overshadowed by the fantastic episodes of the Shinou saga.

There are still problems but the drastic quality spike makes these problems less noticable.

Second, Pokemon is a childrens' anime which means the children dont really care about the quality of the animation, they care about the Pokemon and the battles. They probably feel it's a waste of money to put more effort into animation than they need to because their main demographic wont care.
    Although it would be nice if there were more animation directors like Iwane.

As for a bad anime, Bobobo-bobobobo isn't of too high quality and Naruto just seems blah. Although I love the former for it's randomness. It is like the half point between anime and cartoons.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I used to love the early episodes of YuGiOh because i found Maximillion Pegasus to be one of the most intresting villains ever, but after the first season, the story basically turned into:
    "I'm going to use these cards to suck out your soul for no good reason! mwa ha ha!"
    Don't even let me get started on the GX series....

Back