• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Japanese anime?

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    who fights with stupid plastic blades?
    they went as far as making animmals com out of them too.....WHAT?!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yes, but wikipedia said that some people considered it as an american anime.

Anyways, Another worst anime is uh, well... the Beyblade Series. I used to like this, but meh.
    Despite what some people consider it to be, it is a French show animated in France, just because it was dubbed doesn't mean it isn't French.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Umm...

Bleach. I never liked it, and there's a huuuuge overhype about it. my theory is that people like it just cause it's the most popular anime in America, and that makes them wanna watch it. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

I also don't like Naruto. I HATE overhype. "HO MAY GAWD A SHOW ABOUT NINJAZ MUST WATCH DIS."
    That's what I heard half my friends saying the week before it started airing on TV XD;

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Mmm,Duel Masters. :| Well I did like it at one point,but it died off very quickly.

Naruto is is okay,but the over-hyped fanbase is really beginning to make me like it less @_@;

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Either Dual Masters or Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo

I think I got the correct amount of Bo's in :P

Lo-chan

Seme Dara will get you :o
    Years
  • Here's my list of the worst Japanese anime I have seen: (Not in any order)

1. Naruto
    2. Bleach
    3. Pokemon

I know there is more. But I can't think right now :x

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Ugh. I can't stand Naruto, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, and Pokemon.

Naruto just sucks completely. Honestly, go watch Ninja Scroll or something if you want ninjas.

Bleach is boring. It's a horrible anime, complete with its own cast of horrible characters. You can predict almost everything.

Yu-Gi-Oh was actually tolerable with me. In fact, I enjoyed it. When GX came out, I was just apalled. It was terrible. I didn't even understand any of it. I missed the old charas. D:

Pokemon was good back in the late 90's. I enjoyed the Jhoto saga too. The whole Hoenn and Diamond/Pearl thing sucked/sucks. Pokemon has always been a half-done show.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Bishoujo Sensei Sailor Moon. It is a sugary sweet, romance oriented shoujo anime, of which I greatly dislike. The majority of the characters in it have obnoxious personalities and are the types of people who I would loath in the real world. In particular, Usagi/Sailor Moon infuriates me. She is a weak willed, submissive young woman who is as ditzy as she is stupid. Overall, I feel she is a horrible role model for female adolescents, since she encourages them to act like unintelligent damsels awaiting their brave knights-in-shining armor to rescue them (by the way, her knight, Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamon, is fugly in both looks and personality. What the hell does Usagi, along with all the other girls and boys in the show who want in his pants, see in him?). Furthermore, the battles are downright pathetic. They each last for a span of about three minutes. In all of them, the scouts are in danger and Tuxedo Kamon, being the hero boy ****tard that he is, saves them by throwing his roses at the monsters, who suddenly stop in their tracks. Then, Sailor Moon finishes them off with her TIARA MAGIC !!111 Lame, right?

Additionally, the events that transpire in the show are very straight forward and predictable. I like for there to be some mystery in the stories I indulge in so I can put my mind to good use and engage in speculation. I also hate how it does not contain any true messages or morals. Really, it is a show about the adventures of a dumb, giggling school girl with raging teenage hormones. Nothing more, nothing less.

Naruto is horrible. It has a generic storyline and an EXTREMELY obnoxious cast of characters (except for the smart kid and fat kid. They are okay). Also, the hype created by all the Narutards make it unavoidable (the other day at my local Target, I actually saw a teenage girl wearing a Sasuke shirt. It made me laugh out loud).

All the incarnations of Dragon Ball have always been on my hate list. The series has a mind numbing storyline centered around boring battles that go on for at least ten episodes. The characters are generic and have irritating personalities. Nearly all of them are just bunch of macho ignoramuses on steroids (OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!). The animation is hideous, too.

I do not like Bakugan, simply because I find it boring and childish.

The original Yu-Gi-Oh! has a few good characters and a rather interesting storyline, but it is not the best anime, far from it. If anything, it is painful to watch at times due to how boring the majority of the duels are. However, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is plain awful. Basically, it involves a bunch of snot-nosed brats pissing around a school campus and trying to avoid getting detention. I am hoping Chronos one day finds a way to expel Judai and his gang so that this horrible show will come to an end.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I would have to say Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters, and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

I remember actually getting excited for YGO! GX, because I'm always excited for spin-offs, for some reason. When I actually watched the show, it was alright for the first few episodes. Then it got a little strange. Then it just got downright confusing.

Plus, there was no puppyshipping, so that totally turned me off.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Crapsule Capsule Monsters was really disappointing. D: I had read the original YGO manga a while back and was interested in the Capsule Monsters idea and when I found out they were making YGO! CM, I was interested in how they'd do it. But I just didn't like it. I found myself missing the the main series where it took five episodes just to complete one duel.

I loved the main series of Yu-Gi-Oh!, both subbed and dubbed (4Kids' dubs have always been good for a laugh sometimes~ XD;), so I was quite disappointed by these. At least the main series characters were in Capsule Monsters.

Naruto's just vastly overrated. And I have given both the manga and the anime a change, but I couldn't stand both. :/

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    Naruto is by far the worst anime in history hence why I changed usernames last month. :/

Sailor Moon is classic still, though the person who said the plot and storyline is the same, that's true. But I never got why soo many girls got soo into that anime. Bleach sucks because of the characters, the only good character in the show is Rukia. Yu-Gi-Oh! is just plain stupid, it's another wannabe pokemon anime. Plain and simple these animes to me suck out of any anime airing today.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I can't really pick any bad animes. Although some animes such as Duel Masters and Bobobo-bo-bobobo really annoyed me. Plus there's this new show on Tonami that looks exactly like Yu-Gi-Oh.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • Plus, there was no puppyshipping, so that totally turned me off.

:DD Exactly. I mean, srsly, what were they thinking?

Yu-Gi-Oh! is just plain stupid, it's another wannabe pokemon anime.

Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't like Pokémon at all. o0;; There's no capturing/training/bonding with the monsters. It's all a card game. It'd be more similar to a poker-themed anime. If anything, it's a wannabe Magic the Gathering anime.

Anyway, by the overwhelming number of votes for this particular show, it'd be repetitive to say Naruto, but...Naruto. It's incredibly overrated, and it isn't even that good. Though it's considerably more enjoyable than Big O. I saw about ten minutes of an episode and turned it off. It was a waste of my time.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    :DD Exactly. I mean, srsly, what were they thinking?

Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't like Pokémon at all. o0;; There's no capturing/training/bonding with the monsters. It's all a card game. It'd be more similar to a poker-themed anime. If anything, it's a wannabe Magic the Gathering anime.

Anyway, by the overwhelming number of votes for this particular show, it'd be repetitive to say Naruto, but...Naruto. It's incredibly overrated, and it isn't even that good. Though it's considerably more enjoyable than Big O. I saw about ten minutes of an episode and turned it off. It was a waste of my time.

Yea, I know, Naruto sucks so bad they just keep airing it.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Boys Be...
    Furi Kuri
    Ghost In The Shell
    Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Shakugan no Shana
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Wedding Peach

HackMaster72

Ruby+HackMaster= Rubikonartist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    O RLY?

Boys Be...
    Furi Kuri
    Ghost In The Shell
    Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Shakugan no Shana
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Wedding Peach

Are you ****ing crazy!
    Those shows should be on a great Animes list (although not sure about Wedding Peach nor Shakugan no Shana)

Oh, well my hated ones are InuYasha, Naruto, Shin-Chan, Pokemon after first series, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, and pretty much every other anime dubbed by 4kids.

InuYasha, isn't all that bad, except at the end they basically just summarize everything you just watched and then say, "**** you, go read the manga"
    Naruto is hated for all reasons stated above (overrated and sucky)
    Shin-Chan may actually be good if it weren't for the apalling art style
    Also, the Pokemon after the first series suck pretty hard as well (Unoriginal, terrible voice actors for the D/P series, VERY repetitive jokes, etc.)
    Yu-gi-oh GX is just plain terrible. They basically removed the entire cast and story, and insert a bunch of dips that wander around school, sucking and playing cards with other dips.
    Also, nearly every anime 4kids has dubbed sucks terrible, mainly due to terrible voice actors, and horrible changes to the script.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Ehm... I have to say Beyblade V-Force... I litterally thought it was some cheep-made sequal thingy that wasn't even made by the 'original' makers of Beyblade. I hated the digital beyblade animations and the poor character designs compared to the first season. It looked as if all characters had become 2 or 3 years younger, even though some time had passed since the last episode of Season 1... After a while it became so obvious that they used the same battle animation over and over again... it became boring... Even the storyline was repetitive... everyone wanted to steal the Holy Beasts...
    I like the storyline of Season 1, cause it was fun to see the world Anime-Style. xD Too bad they never came to Beglium though. xD

No wonder that the 3rd season (G-Revolution (which I thought was the best)) never got airing chance at my place...

The later Pokemon episodes... some of them are quite good... Like the OVA's and episodes like Groudon vs Kyogre. I haven't seen much of D&P so I can't judge that...

And Naruto is overrated...

Back