• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you worship Arceus?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    If Pokémon were real, would you worship Arceus and renounce your religion (or convert if you are already an atheist/agnostic)? I would worship Arceus since he created the world, and he would make a rather cool god. I do not know if Arceus would be worth worshipping because he might be like a deist god who just created the world and let it be.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Ummm...I wanna take a digital AK-47, and gun this thread down, yep.

HELL to the NO, I would NOt worship that deformed elk-looking thing!!

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    No. It would be breaking one of the 10 commandments. I still worship in (I don't know how to spell Heavanly) Father and his son, Jesus Christ. But this topic will be locked to to religious stuff.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • If ever they have really proven that Arceus is the one and true god(in pokemon)... then yes. If not, then I'll not worship some fantasy-created thingofabob.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im not into "worshiping" anything because it makes people look so small and irrelevant to me so ofcourse not.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • only if it was proven that it was the god, but only in the pokemon world. In the real world I don't know what I believe in, but I certainly don't believe that a pokemon is god

Crusher

Hell yeah, I'm sexy.
    Years
  • Pfft, no. I really don't like Arceus. I think that a GOD could have had a better design. xD;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I won't because I don't worship a god now, why would I worship Arceus?

Why don't you worship a god?

You might think that:

a. God doesn't exist, so it is best not to worship a non-existent entity
    b. God is not worth worshiping even if he does exist
    c. agnosticism

In the case of Arceus, he does exist in the Pokémon world so that eliminate A. However, let's say that there is a perponderence of evidence (not proof) that Arceus does exist to make C less attractive. But if Arceus does exist in the Pokémon world, he is worth worshiping? In the real world, many Enlightenment intellectuals believed in a deity (as deists), although not ones found in revealed religion and texts, because of the power of the teleological argument (this was before Darwin's prominance) but they did not worship that deity. Would Arceus be a deistic God, or a personal God that intervenes in human affairs? The former would reduce the propensity to worship it.

I assumed that the existence of Arceus as a deity in the Pokémon world is mutually exclusive to the existence of other gods.

Porygon-2000

Wobbufiend
    Years
  • Wow. This has turned into a very interesting piece on religion, hasn't it?

Erm... Im not sure what to do about Arceus (I think I'm agnostic, but it depends on my mood at the time...) Well, I guess Ill just say that I would worship Arceus, on the same level I worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster (i.e. 'for teh lulz')

Years
  • no, i would worship dratini, dragonair and dragonite and birds trio, not arceus. arceus just created the world but it was too long ago, birds trio balances the climate and they're still doing their job, they are the ones helping us right now, not arceus

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
  • ribozyme said:
    In the case of Arceus, he does exist in the Pokémon world so that eliminate A. However, let's say that there is a perponderence of evidence (not proof) that Arceus does exist to make C less attractive. But if Arceus does exist in the Pokémon world, he is worth worshiping? In the real world, many Enlightenment intellectuals believed in a deity (as deists), although not ones found in revealed religion and texts, because of the power of the teleological argument (this was before Darwin's prominance) but they did not worship that deity. Would Arceus be a deistic God, or a personal God that intervenes in human affairs? The former would reduce the propensity to worship it.

Well, if he really IS a god, what does he get from getting worshipped? Nothing, he is omnipotent.
    There is no reason for an omnipotent being to spend much time with humanity.
    Just think about it: Would you spent the whole day watching humans do stuff? As an almighty creator? No. You would probably want to see more lulzy things. That's the reason why I don't worship stuff.

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
  • Any God that can be captured in a Pokeball like a common Rattatta is NOT a God at all in my book. Imagine if a human controlled a God in the real world, don't you think that it would be chaotic? Therefore Arceus as a God makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

In answer to the question, no I would not worship Arceus and furthermore I don't even recognize it as a "God" Pokemon anyway.

Back