• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Pokemiles

So like can someone give me an idea of like how I can collect these things or how I lose them? I heard you can gain them easily by wonder trading. I had like 500 the last time I checked. I just turned my game on and I have 1. Literally 1. How did that happen?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So like can someone give me an idea of like how I can collect these things or how I lose them? I heard you can gain them easily by wonder trading. I had like 500 the last time I checked. I just turned my game on and I have 1. Literally 1. How did that happen?

Do you Gamesync with your online account? Every time you do all your pokemiles go to your profile on the Pokemon GL site and you can use them to buy the same items you can buy in game with pokemiles, except everything is half the price it is in game, plus you can play online games to win items you can't get any other way in the current games (or simply rare and expensive items) and then the next time you gamesynce all the items you got online are now in your game

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I'm hunting for a nidoran-male with the ability hustle. This ability only shows up in horde-battles.
    Now I have a ralts with trace, and according to two sites (below) trace should show the ability of the pokémon on the far left.
    Now my ralts traced the ability hustle. So I caught the pokémon on the far left.
    This nidoran, unfortunately, has the ability poison point.
    Were these two sites wrong? and if ralts did not trace the pokemon on the far left, which one did he trace?

Sites/sources:
    https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/179975/in-a-horde-battle-which-pokemon-will-the-trace-ability-copy
    https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/188144/does-trace-only-show-the-first-pokemons-ability-horde-battle

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm hunting for a nidoran-male with the ability hustle. This ability only shows up in horde-battles.
    Now I have a ralts with trace, and according to two sites (below) trace should show the ability of the pokémon on the far left.
    Now my ralts traced the ability hustle. So I caught the pokémon on the far left.
    This nidoran, unfortunately, has the ability poison point.
    Were these two sites wrong? and if ralts did not trace the pokemon on the far left, which one did he trace?

Sites/sources:
    https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/179975/in-a-horde-battle-which-pokemon-will-the-trace-ability-copy
    https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/188144/does-trace-only-show-the-first-pokemons-ability-horde-battle

The problem with those links is that they're message boards, literally anyone can post a response to any thread, there's no authenticity to who can post what because anyone can say anything. You should go to the official pages created by pokemon sites rather than the message boards because the official pages are made by people who are involved in the site and therefore want to be as accurate as possible, as well as often they have actual access to the data of the game, whereas poster on the internet can simply just play the game and just assume things and post them as fact. So anyway, I always thought Trace copied the ability directly across from the user (like Imposter) but it actually copies the ability of the adjacent opponent. meaning that if you are in a triple battle and you are on the right, it will copy either the center or (from your perspective) the opponent on the right side of the screen (across from you) but will not copy the opponent (from your perspective) the opponent on the left side of the screen (opposite from you). Now, when it comes to horde battles, all 5 of the opponents count as adjacent to you (as is shown in the target select screen) so Trace literalyl can slect any 5 of them. The best way is to use an ability altering move (Worry Seed, Simple Beam, Role Play, Entrainment, Skill Swap, etc) I prefer Skill Swap as that is what my Gallade can learn (which also happens to be my capture pokemon with False Swipe, Hypnosis and Shadow Sneak for ghost pokemon and to have a move that actually KOs a pokemon) but yes, Trace can hit literally any random opponent in a horde encounter, not the one on the far left:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trace_(Ability)
    https://ca.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/Trace
    https://pokeunlock.com/abilities/trace/

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    The problem with those links is that they're message boards, literally anyone can post a response to any thread, there's no authenticity to who can post what because anyone can say anything. You should go to the official pages created by pokemon sites rather than the message boards because the official pages are made by people who are involved in the site and therefore want to be as accurate as possible, as well as often they have actual access to the data of the game, whereas poster on the internet can simply just play the game and just assume things and post them as fact. So anyway, I always thought Trace copied the ability directly across from the user (like Imposter) but it actually copies the ability of the adjacent opponent. meaning that if you are in a triple battle and you are on the right, it will copy either the center or (from your perspective) the opponent on the right side of the screen (across from you) but will not copy the opponent (from your perspective) the opponent on the left side of the screen (opposite from you). Now, when it comes to horde battles, all 5 of the opponents count as adjacent to you (as is shown in the target select screen) so Trace literalyl can slect any 5 of them. The best way is to use an ability altering move (Worry Seed, Simple Beam, Role Play, Entrainment, Skill Swap, etc) I prefer Skill Swap as that is what my Gallade can learn (which also happens to be my capture pokemon with False Swipe, Hypnosis and Shadow Sneak for ghost pokemon and to have a move that actually KOs a pokemon) but yes, Trace can hit literally any random opponent in a horde encounter, not the one on the far left:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trace_(Ability)
    https://ca.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/Trace
    https://pokeunlock.com/abilities/trace/

I know those sites are not official and I know how the internet works, but when several people say the same thing it's worth trying it. I found out it didn't work, so now I'm here.
    Thank you for your answer, tho. Unfortunately I'm pretty early game and I don't have any pokémon with those moves, nor can I get any at this point. That's why I tried trace.
    Right now I'm using trace at the end of the battle. When there's only one nidoran left I switch in Ralts and she tells me which ability that nidoran has. That way I don't have to catch it to know wether it has the right ability (which it hasn't 95% of the time).
    But I'm still wondering, are there other ways to make my hunt a little easier?
    (besides trace and the ability-moves)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I know those sites are not official and I know how the internet works, but when several people say the same thing it's worth trying it. I found out it didn't work, so now I'm here.
    Thank you for your answer, tho. Unfortunately I'm pretty early game and I don't have any pokémon with those moves, nor can I get any at this point. That's why I tried trace.
    Right now I'm using trace at the end of the battle. When there's only one nidoran left I switch in Ralts and she tells me which ability that nidoran has. That way I don't have to catch it to know wether it has the right ability (which it hasn't 95% of the time).
    But I'm still wondering, are there other ways to make my hunt a little easier?
    (besides trace and the ability-moves)

Skiddo learns Worry Seed at level 16, it's on route 5 and I think route 5 is the earliest you can get into hordes, so you have the pokemon you need with an ability altering move.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    ampharos

What level does ampharos learn zap cannon in pokemon x. On bulbapedia it says level 1 but ampharos doesn't evolve until level 34

Years
  • What it means by that is that you need a Heart Scale to teach the move from the Move Relearner in Dendemille Town. You can easily get Heart Scales by using Thief on wild Luvdisc (fished with the Old Rod) in the Coastal Kalos area.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Any tips on the best place to level up pokemon in X and Y? I am currently JUST before the Elite 4, so I can't use them to level up (all my pokemon are level 50, and I just want to level up every pokemon I have to level 60 before I decide which team I want to take to beat the Elite 4) and since I haven't beaten the Elite 4 yet, I can't use that restaurant in Lumiose to level up, I have been using the Battle Chateau with the silver, gold and black writs but it's been 2 weeks and I am just barely at the halfway point of leveling my pokemon from 50 - 60 so I want something faster because those furrisode girls just don't show up nearly as often as I would like, and even victory Road battles only net me something like 1,500 - 2,500 exp points or something (far less than the 9,000 - 10,000 the furrisode girls give with their Audinos) so is there any place I can level up faster at this point in the game or am I just doomed to the battle chateau? thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I can't pinpoint a good location to train before defeating Elite Four, but some suggestions I would like to make is to perhaps try using Exp. Point Power, Lucky Egg (if we do have one), and raising our Pokémon's affection in Amie; they all help in garnering more experience points.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I can't pinpoint a good location to train before defeating Elite Four, but some suggestions I would like to make is to perhaps try using Exp. Point Power, Lucky Egg (if we do have one), and raising our Pokémon's affection in Amie; they all help in garnering more experience points.

I am doing everything you mentioned except the pokemon amie, (which thank you for that, I always forget about that!) but I have 12 boxes full of pokemon and I'm only at the end of box 5 so the time it would take to raise the happiness in pokemon amie of the remaining boxes of pokemon would be longer than just running around unfortunately. I've even been using a happy hour smeargle to maximize efficiency by using all the battling to collect money (nearly 6 million pokedollars so far and counting!) but I think there's only 8 Furisode girls and 69 trainers, so those odds are forever NOT in my favour, lol! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2016
    Hi, I have just ordered the new 3ds xl and Pokemon x and an action replay. My last ds being the dsi and Pokemon diamond, pearl, and platinum. Is it possible to get dialga on Pokemon x? Dialga is my favorite Pokemon, I don't care if it is a legit way or what but I want to have Dialga in Pokemon x.
    Is there any way?
    Thanks in advance for the feedback.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi, I have just ordered the new 3ds xl and Pokemon x and an action replay. My last ds being the dsi and Pokemon diamond, pearl, and platinum. Is it possible to get dialga on Pokemon x? Dialga is my favorite Pokemon, I don't care if it is a legit way or what but I want to have Dialga in Pokemon x.
    Is there any way?

Dialga cannot be caught on the PKMN X or Y games. But you can however get one through trade or through the GTS.

Years
  • Hi, I have just ordered the new 3ds xl and Pokemon x and an action replay. My last ds being the dsi and Pokemon diamond, pearl, and platinum. Is it possible to get dialga on Pokemon x? Dialga is my favorite Pokemon, I don't care if it is a legit way or what but I want to have Dialga in Pokemon x.
    Is there any way?

Dialga can't be caught in-game in X. You'll either need to transfer one from a 5th Gen game via Pokemon Bank, or trade one over from OR/AS (Dialga can be caught in Alpha Sapphire if you have all three Lake Guardians on your team). Otherwise, you could try asking in the Trade Corner section.

Years
  • Is it possible to trade from diamond to X?

You need to transfer from a 4th Gen game (D/P/Pt/HG/SS) to 5th Gen (B/W/B2/W2) using the 5th Gen's Poke Transfer feature. Then you need to transfer the Pokemon from 5th Gen to Pokemon Bank to be able to send forward to 6th Gen.

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Pokémon with Kalos Pentagon

So I have a few random Pokémon that I obtained through Wonder Trades a couple of weeks back, and they have Kalos Pentagons but it also says "Seems to have been met in the Hoenn region".
    This doesn't make any sense to me.

Can someone help clear this up for me?

Years
  • That's likely because they were traded from OR/AS, since the pentagon is present for any Pokemon caught within a 6th Gen game. Hope that clears things up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back