• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I am FINALLY read to catch Moltres in my Y game, however, I am debating what nature it should be. Initially I was just going to be Modest and that was that, but considering it's second highest stat is Att I am wondering if I should be trying to make use of that because it seems like a waste to not use the Att stat, however I am having a hard time trying to find any support for a mixed Moltres online as I can't find anyone who has attempted it and therefore can't find any ideas for nature ideas. Can anyone offer suggestions for how I should train a mixed Moltres? I really want to make use of that Att stat because, as I stated, it seems like a waste not to,but other opinions would be great. thank you!

Oh, and as some perspective, my initial thought if I went with mixed was to have Sky Attack on it (it would be holding power herb) and the rest of it's moves were going to be Sunny Day, Heat Wave and Solarbeam just in case anyone was curious. Power Herb was obviously for Sky Attack, but if I'm ever in a battle where I don't think I have time to pull of Sunny Day first, it can also be sued for Solar Beam instead if needed.
    100 Attack isn't the best stat to use. Outside of Sky Attack, a bad attack in general because of the charge-up turn and the fact you have to waste the item slot on Power Herb to even make it remotely useful (and Sky Attack will become useless on subsequent turns), and U-turn, an attack not used for its damage output but for its momentum-gaining aspect, Moltres' physical move pool is barren and should't be bothered with. Moltres should stick to its special move pool with its dual STABs in Fire Blast and Hurricane. Solar Beam shouldn't be considered unless you have sun support, and Moltres is rather frail, meaning it has a tough time setting up Sunny Day itself.

Years
  • Pokemon X OR Y?

Deciding which one to get because I don't know at this point. I like a little bit from both, so I'm asking you guys to try and help influence my neutral opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I chose Y because I think Yvetal looks cooler than Xerneas. Other than that here are a few version exclusive stuff

Stones in X
    Mega Charizard X
    Mega Mewtwo X
    Pinserite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Stones in Y
    Mega Charizard Y
    Mega Mewtwo Y
    Heracrossite
    Tyranitarite
    Manectricite

As far as Pokemon go
    X
    Staryu and Starmie
    Swirlix and Slurpluff
    Clauncher and Clawitzer

Y
    Shelder and Cloyster
    Spritzee and Aromatise
    Skrelp and Dragalge

(I think there's more but can't remember off the top of my head)

I'd check out which Pokemon you want more or what stones you want more and buy the game based on that because they're pretty much the same game.

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
  • Lost My Coin Amulet, Loosing my mind now...HELP!

Hi Guys,

so I came to the glorious Idea of going to Wondertrage, and trade my Pokemon that was wearing the Amulet Coin (i dont know if its Coin amulet... i mean the thing u get twice money for a pokemon wearin it!) .......and now im freaking loosing my mind....is there a way to get one back? maybe the same guy will give me another one? (the npc guy ingame)

Please help my I'm totally freakin out and .......Im about to cry!

What to do guys?

thanks for any Help :-P

Deníz1

Years
  • or does anyone have a copy of x or y and doesnt play it, so he would give me his by trade? Just asking, maybe I'm lucky....and im desperate...:-P

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I'd actually never checked the differences before I saw JohnnyGolduck's post. If my copy of Y hadn't basically been forced on me I would have gone with X, just because the Pokemon seem a little cooler (imo). That aside, there's probably not too much of a difference. It literally just comes down to your own preference (or circumstances, in my situation). I'd also have to agree with Johnny and say Yveltal looks WAY cooler than the X deer dude. Again, in my personal opinion. As for "convincing" you which one to pick... pick X so you and I can trade all the Pokemon our versions don't have in common :p

You're gonna love it either way eh? Especially if you've yet to play any of the VI gen games... so gud so gud.

Deníz1

Years
  • I know, but i want the Coin Amulet back isnt there any way?

But thanks anyways!

and by the way: is that alex turner on the right of you picture?

You know, in Coumarine City you can buy a Luck Incense which does pretty much the same thing as an Amulet Coin. Hope that helps!

Ah... its the Puppets! Nice I love the new album, pattern is one of my favorites after first listenings.

Thanks again for the help

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • I don't play too much so I didn't care about the differences. Got Pokémon X because the legendary lol

Deníz1

Years
  • From the viewing point of better LEGENDARY: Pokemon X ...because I like the legendary more, but I'ts up to YOUR personal preference ;-)

BUT If youre asking because you think Pokemon X is for Girls and Y for Boys because the DNA Thing:

Im representing this Point of View: Even if the whole flamy blamy buhu thing is real and X stands for girls extra chromosome, and Y for the boys ones -> As a Boy i think it would be more clever taking the X one, because YOU have the Y chromosome yourself...so the "missing" X adds up to your also (pretty much perfect :-P) XY chromosome pair, so you would have Strenghts of BOTH OF THEM!

Strong and Brave like a boy
    +
    Empaty and Emotional Intelligence (and being as sneaky as them... ;-P) like a Woman.

You would be the Perfect Human!
    And a girl would be going with the Y version then to be "complete" or "perfect"

Just my 2 cents on this whole Hype!

Greetings from Space!
    Un Koala Loco

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Is the zygarde dog form (10%) available on x and y? If not where could I find it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    some post-game questions about Pokemon Y!

Hello! In the words of Gil Scott-Heron, I'm new here.

I have "finished" Pokemon Y. I am the Champion, I've done the never-ending Looker Bureau side-quest. And I am just wondering if there is anything left to do... I am pretty keen to get Pokemon Red and one of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire ahead of Sun & Moon, particularly now that Pokemon Bank/Transporter will function with it. BUT, as a perfectionist/masochist, I want to fully explore Pokemon Y.

So can I ask these questions? Would someone kindly answer me?

As of right now, to my understanding, these are the things that I can do that will still result in my Pokemon getting more powerful (exp points, basically):
    - Restaurant Le Wow (although all opponents are Lv55, right?)
    - Sushi High Roller
    - Re-challenging the Elite Four and Champion (can you re-challenge gyms?)
    - Serena (once daily)
    - Inverse battle (once daily)
    - Essentia (once every Tues/Thurs/Sat)

I will also keep doing trades/battles over wifi to up my Poke Miles and get Rare Candies/PP Ups.

Aside from these things though, I can't see anything that will bring tangible benefits.

There is Battle Maison, but as I don't really get into the whole competitive non-RPG battling thing, I'm not that interested in doing millions of battles to get BP to swap for items.

Can someone tell me about the Friend Safari? Is this worthwhile? My understanding is that I will need to make 'friends' with many people via the PSS to use it, though. Is this correct? Are the man hours worth it for Lv30 Pokemon?

I still have questions about the PSS and the 'Global Link', but I need to research them a bit more.

Basically, what I am asking is - if you aren't into the whole breeding/egg groups/IVs/EVs/competitive battling/Smogon-type bullshit, is it worth still playing around with Pokemon Y or can I just dump all my fav Pokemon in the Bank and buy Pokemon Red and Omega Ruby.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    So Hidden Power. How does it work?

I'm breeding for a Magnezone right now and I'm trying to get Fire or Ice Hidden Power. Is it Possible to have

HP 31
    AT Whatever
    DE 31
    SA 31
    SD 31
    SP 31

and have a fire or ice hidden power? Would hidden power depend on the attack EV or do the other EVs cancel it out? I've read up a little on it and I gotta say I'm confused haha

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So Hidden Power. How does it work?

I'm breeding for a Magnezone right now and I'm trying to get Fire or Ice Hidden Power. Is it Possible to have

HP 31
    AT Whatever
    DE 31
    SA 31
    SD 31
    SP 31

and have a fire or ice hidden power? Would hidden power depend on the attack EV or do the other EVs cancel it out? I've read up a little on it and I gotta say I'm confused haha

You can look up Hidden Power Calculators on Google. There's a lot of them online.

Anyway...

To get Hidden Power Fire, HP/Def/Sp.Def should be an odd number while the rest should be even numbers. E.g. 31/30/31/30/31/30

For Hidden Power Ice, HP/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed should be even numbers while Atk/Def should be odd numbers. E.g. 31/30/30/31/31/31

Oh, and EVs don't have any role on what Hidden Power a 'mon will have, only IVs.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Hello! In the words of Gil Scott-Heron, I'm new here.

I have "finished" Pokemon Y. I am the Champion, I've done the never-ending Looker Bureau side-quest. And I am just wondering if there is anything left to do... I am pretty keen to get Pokemon Red and one of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire ahead of Sun & Moon, particularly now that Pokemon Bank/Transporter will function with it. BUT, as a perfectionist/masochist, I want to fully explore Pokemon Y.

So can I ask these questions? Would someone kindly answer me?

As of right now, to my understanding, these are the things that I can do that will still result in my Pokemon getting more powerful (exp points, basically):
    - Restaurant Le Wow (although all opponents are Lv55, right?)
    - Sushi High Roller
    - Re-challenging the Elite Four and Champion (can you re-challenge gyms?)
    - Serena (once daily)
    - Inverse battle (once daily)
    - Essentia (once every Tues/Thurs/Sat)

I will also keep doing trades/battles over wifi to up my Poke Miles and get Rare Candies/PP Ups.

Aside from these things though, I can't see anything that will bring tangible benefits.

There is Battle Maison, but as I don't really get into the whole competitive non-RPG battling thing, I'm not that interested in doing millions of battles to get BP to swap for items.

Can someone tell me about the Friend Safari? Is this worthwhile? My understanding is that I will need to make 'friends' with many people via the PSS to use it, though. Is this correct? Are the man hours worth it for Lv30 Pokemon?

I still have questions about the PSS and the 'Global Link', but I need to research them a bit more.

Basically, what I am asking is - if you aren't into the whole breeding/egg groups/IVs/EVs/competitive battling/Smogon-type bull****, is it worth still playing around with Pokemon Y or can I just dump all my fav Pokemon in the Bank and buy Pokemon Red and Omega Ruby.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

I basically asked the same question in my introduction thread. I think a lot of the replay value of Pokemon comes from breeding, trading and raising new Pokemon for competitive battling. If you aren't into that then yeah I'd say once you're tired of the story feel free to buy whichever game you want! Personally, I'm shiny hunting and training in my version of Y until Sun/Moon comes up. ORAS didn't look so spectacular to me and I think I'm gonna pass.

PS friend safari is pretty cool. You can register your friends and visit their "safari". Each friend will have a specific type set to their safari, as well as three different Pokemon you can catch of that type in it. I think to be able to see all three you have to have both been online at the same time (at some point) and have beaten the Champion. I can help you with it if you want, you're gonna need someone to tell you what your safari type is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back