• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So looking at Swellow's movepool, I see that in gen 4 it could learn steel wing via TM. But in gen 5, it could not (for some odd reason, GF removed it?)
    Is this still the case in Gen 6? Can someone with the TM for steel wing confirm?

Bulbapedia says that you can teach Swellow and Taillow Steel Wing since its a TM again.

According to sources, you should be able to teach Steel Wing to Swellow in X and Y. Haven't personally tried it, but, yeah. Not sure why you couldn't teach Swellow this move via TM in gen five, though.

Steel Wing wasn't a TM in Gen 5. That's why they could not learn the TM.

Years
  • When Mr. Bonding gives you the last O-power (hatching power, only if you have already gotten all the other powers).
    Another way is to go to the Stone Emporium to the guy who is selling you the remaining starter Mega stones. If your style gets higher their price will drop. If yu have max style they'll have their lowest possible price which is 10000$.

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • Seemingly infinite Tyrunts

I've been masuda method-ing for a shiny Tyrunt, with no luck so far. I have an utterly stupid amount of them at the moment, and I would be happy to trade one away to anybody who needs one. However, because I'm me, I have given them all individual nicknames.

Also, this may sound stupid, but how do I add friends? I really want more friend safaris. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Use the friend code exchange thread. Friends can be added from the main menu of your 3DS (not in the game itself). Look at the top of the screen.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Two pokemon have different weather changing abilities. Whose ability takes affect and whose doesn't?

If they are sent out at the same time, its the slower one's weather that takes effect.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Looking for a mitotic

does anyone have a milotic with a bold nature and willing to trade it? if so please tell me!!!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Are the legendary birds' nature and IVs set when you first encounter them before they roam over Kalos?
    Nope. The time their stats are set is the time you are able to catch them. So if you want one with specific stats save before you take them on.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Anyone know where to get Focus Punch? or a Focus punch shroomish/breloom ?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Anyone know where to get Focus Punch? or a Focus punch shroomish/breloom ?
    You have to chain breed one into a Shroomish using a Snubbull. You have to see if Snubbull can still learn it from a Scraggy father though. It could end up as a move removed from their list so you'll have to wait and see if you can cross one from Gen 3 when Focus Punch was a TM.

Breed or transfer seem to be the only options.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Which ditto should I try to catch?

So this is a discussion of the Imposter vs Limber Ditto. I am wondering which I should catch. I understand in spades that the Imposter ditto is much better than the Limber ditto because it transforms as soon as it comes into battle which is all you need for single battles, however the problem lies in that in multiple battles you can't choose who to transform into, you transform into the opponent directly opposite you. Sometimes that's not who you want to transform into so it's more beneficial to choose who you transform into, and on some occasions it can be quite handy to transform into your partner so if the opposing team as trouble fighting one of them, two of them will wipe out your opponent team. Is there any circumstance that an imposter ditto can choose to use the move Transform? (otherwise, what is the point of giving it a move at all) Or is it always automatic with no exception? If so, which would be a better over all Ditto to catch? A limber one or an Imposter one? Even with the one move to use Transform, being able to choose who to transform into might be worth it. Opinions? Thanks!

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • There are some tacticts that allow you to make better use of ditto in double or triple battles. If your opponent is running an aoe strategy (like the two other pokemon having water absorb and the middle one having surf, or discharge(middle)+2 ground pokes (sides), or earthquake (middle) +2 flying pokes/levitate(sides).
    In this case you can even use an imposter ditto if you dont have him in the middle, because you will inherit the aoe-attack immunity from one of the opponent's side pokemon in any case.
    Speaking about double battles, limber ditto is slightly better.
    In single battles Imposter ditto is much better: use an emolga priority checker (with U-Turn and Volt-Switch, Electro ball And air Slash, 254 evs in speed,100 evs in special attack, rest spread between defense and special defense, possibly holding king's rock) and switch over to ditto as needed.
    Hope i helped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back