• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    All these regions (barring Sevii Islands) are spin-off regions, meaning they are non-canon to the main games. Another piece of evidence against your statement; the same backpacker mentioned the champion of his region. The regions you mentioned don't have a Pokemon League
    the ranger series is directly connected to & in the same world as the main series. the ore games are a side series, not a spin off.
    heres how it is:
    the core series:
    R/B/G/Y
    G/S/C/HG/SS
    R./S/E/OR/AS
    D/P/Pt
    B/W/B2/W2
    X/Y
    the side series:
    Collousem & Xd Gale of Darkness
    spin offs connected to the main series:
    Ranger series
    extensions to the main series:
    AS/OR demo
    Delta Emerald episode
    Dream Radar
    everything else is either a regular spin off, cross-over or it's own series.
    also, by the time the events of X&Y come about its about or over a decade after the events of R/S/E/OR/AS & Colosseum.
    given how much orre changed in 3 years, it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to get a gym leader & champion system in place.
    also orre is based in arizona, which has a history with artifacts

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Anyways... yeah, I do think it's strange for them to hint at a future region, foreign Item gift included, so early in a Generation. IIRC, that's about the most blatant foreshadowing we've gotten when it comes to the future of the main series games. What I don't understand is why give us a mysterious Item like the SS when they could have easily just left the Backpacker's quote as-is.

Between the SS and the Zygarde info, it's like Game Freak wants us to go crazy with speculation until our spleens burst into flames.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Anyways... yeah, I do think it's strange for them to hint at a future region, foreign Item gift included, so early in a Generation. IIRC, that's about the most blatant foreshadowing we've gotten when it comes to the future of the main series games. What I don't understand is why give us a mysterious Item like the SS when they could have easily just left the Backpacker's quote as-is.

Between the SS and the Zygarde info, it's like Game Freak wants us to go crazy with speculation until our spleens burst into flames.

The SS could be connected to an early bird cameo. GF planned to include Snarl as a Tm in HgSs with the Capsule item, but in the end we didn't see it. It could be a hint to the future. Btw has anyone tried to compare perfect Zygarde and the SS?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    The SS could be connected to an early bird cameo. GF planned to include Snarl as a Tm in HgSs with the Capsule item, but in the end we didn't see it. It could be a hint to the future. Btw has anyone tried to compare perfect Zygarde and the SS?

Exactly. Just because Game Freak hasn't done or hasn't done something frequently in the past doesn't mean they'll never do it.
    I just compared the two; they look nothing like eachother. Or Troll Freak thinks they're more or less alike.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    When I saw the posts you guys made, saying about SS, I thought you guys meant "screenshot," but then I realized you were talking about the Strange Souvenir. Reason why I thought it was 'screenshot' was because of this...
    Spoiler:

I saw this from reddit, so yeah, I felt like sharing since none of you guys are talking about it...or maybe I'm just blind.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    strange souvenir, strange theories
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    When I saw the posts you guys made, saying about SS, I thought you guys meant "screenshot," but then I realized you were talking about the Strange Souvenir. Reason why I thought it was 'screenshot' was because of this...
    Spoiler:

I saw this from reddit, so yeah, I felt like sharing since none of you guys are talking about it...or maybe I'm just blind.

Thanks for the pic Ja Gold. :) I think both Bliss and ORAS had briefly brought up that Tetra machine. :D

strange souvenir, strange theories
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Ya know someone said the canis statue stands for the 10% Form of Zygarde, while the humanoid one as 100% Zygarde.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Spoiler:

I had actually come across that yesterday, but kind of hesitated to post about it 'cause I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. But there were some interesting things brought up about it in the Reddit thread it's from: something about a Mega Arceus and something about it being called "Pokemon Tretta Ultimate Z." The Mega Arceus idea that was posted came from the center tv screen that shows what looks like an Arceus Mega-Evolving. The second thing... I don't know. But if Game Freak does title the next game Pokemon Ultimate Z instead of just plain Pokemon Z, I would hope there's a very good reason for doing so, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Disregard the Mega-Arceus comment, looks like an attack being used on it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I had actually come across that yesterday, but kind of hesitated to post about it 'cause I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. But there were some interesting things brought up about it in the Reddit thread it's from: something about a Mega Arceus and something about it being called "Pokemon Tretta Ultimate Z." The Mega Arceus idea that was posted came from the center tv screen that shows what looks like an Arceus Mega-Evolving. The second thing... I don't know. But if Game Freak does title the next game Pokemon Ultimate Z instead of just plain Pokemon Z, I would hope there's a very good reason for doing so, if you know what I mean.

Pokemon ultimate Z? sounds like a nice name for a 3rd game ! :)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    That picture is interesting, I wonder what role Arceus will play, I'm now fully convinced that Delta Z as I've been calling it, will be announced next month.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    Mega Arceus? How awfully big is the power of Hoopa and Volcanion to need a Perfect Zygarde and a Mega Arceus to contain it? I know you said to disregard the comment, but whatever this might be looks really powerful not to care about!

And Pokemon Ultimate Z? If this is going to be a thing it had better not be just a prequel/sequel/third version etc.. I do not think they should name one of their games Ultimate unless the Pokemon franchise comes to an end and want to make a grand finale (which I give absolutely no chances right now since it's going pretty well, much better after its gen 4 and 5 condition).

If it is planned to release a Pokemon Ultimate whatever version, can we PLEASE have our starters or our Pokemon follow us again? I mean, we have achieved mega evolution, primal reversion, perfect formes and maybe that greninja-thing-bond, Pokemon might even be able to talk in the next games AND THEY CANNOT FOLLOW OUR STEPS LIKE THEY DID BACK IN GEN 1? Come On, it's not that difficult, not much either!

Oh yes and one more thing about possible Mega Arceus. Sinnoh Confirmed

Years

Pokemon ultimate Z? sounds like a nice name for a 3rd game ! :)

I think that there should be a proper Rhyhorn racing track in Z as the one in X seemed like it was unfinished, and they where planning to add it.

That picture is interesting, I wonder what role Arceus will play, I'm now fully convinced that Delta Z as I've been calling it, will be announced next month.

Mega Arceus? How awfully big is the power of Hoopa and Volcanion to need a Perfect Zygarde and a Mega Arceus to contain it? I know you said to disregard the comment, but whatever this might be looks really powerful not to care about!

And Pokemon Ultimate Z? If this is going to be a thing it had better not be just a prequel/sequel/third version etc.. I do not think they should name one of their games Ultimate unless the Pokemon franchise comes to an end and want to make a grand finale (which I give absolutely no chances right now since it's going pretty well, much better after its gen 4 and 5 condition).

If it is planned to release a Pokemon Ultimate whatever version, can we PLEASE have our starters or our Pokemon follow us again? I mean, we have achieved mega evolution, primal reversion, perfect formes and maybe that greninja-thing-bond, Pokemon might even be able to talk in the next games AND THEY CANNOT FOLLOW OUR STEPS LIKE THEY DID BACK IN GEN 1? Come On, it's not that difficult, not much either!

Oh yes and one more thing about possible Mega Arceus. Sinnoh Confirmed

I don't mean to sound rude but all of you guys know that Pokemon Tretta is a spin off series, right? Well it's not as popular outside of Japan so maybe you haven't heard of it. But, I even mentioned it a couple pages back when I mentioned how they're adding Z to their merchandise. Pokemon Ultimate Z is an update to the original Pokemon Tretta. Google Pokemon Tretta up and you'll see what I mean. It is not the name of the 3rd version, it's a spin off folks.. Sometimes I feel like people ignore my comments :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I don't mean to sound rude but all of you guys should know that Pokemon Tretta is a spin off series right? I even mentioned it a couple pages back when I mentioned how they're adding Z to their merchandise. Pokemon Ultimate Z is an update to the original Pokemon Tetra. Google Pokemon Tretta up and you'll see what I mean. It is not the name of the 3rd version, it's a spin off folks.. Sometimes I feel like people ignore my comments :(
    Enough with the ever lasting spin offs!!! I want a new main game <33 hehe

Years
    Enough with the ever lasting spin offs!!! I want a new main game <33 hehe

It's actually an update to an already released (arcade irc) game.

Actually that they're updating an old game might mean that perhaps GF will update the main games and simply add the Zygarde formes and allow us to start a new save file to play it's story...nah, too much lost money.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It's actually an update to an already released (arcade irc) game.

Actually that they're updating an old game might mean that perhaps GF will update the main games and simply add the Zygarde formes and allow us to start a new save file to play it's story...nah, too much lost money.

That doesn't sound like them haha. They r probably gonnna swim with money after the new game's release. People r about to get crazy already hehe :)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I don't mean to sound rude but all of you guys know that Pokemon Tretta is a spin off series, right? Well it's not as popular outside of Japan so maybe you haven't heard of it. But, I even mentioned it a couple pages back when I mentioned how they're adding Z to their merchandise. Pokemon Ultimate Z is an update to the original Pokemon Tretta. Google Pokemon Tretta up and you'll see what I mean. It is not the name of the 3rd version, it's a spin off folks.. Sometimes I feel like people ignore my comments :(

Um, but my post had no relation to that. I knew what tretta Z was. i said that I still believe it will be called Delta Z and combine ORAS and X and Y story wise. I also believe all this merch is adding up to the announcement next month, especially if they are pixelating out images in an update to a spinoff. It seems that all the recent spinoffs are being made with future games in mind, so they can update them with those games contents. For example, pokemon shuffle has an ability called mega boost. It makes you achieve your mega faster if it's the same type as the pokemon with mega boost. One of the pokemon that uses it is trubbish. Yet there is no poison mega. Beedrill's according to what hackers found, is a bug type mega. So if he isn't poison, then another pokemon has to take it's slot. This leads to believe the spinoffs are being prepped for Z and the game will focus on connecting all the recent entries to make it a huge release for the 20th anniversary.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Um, but my post had no relation to that. I knew what tretta Z was. i said that I still believe it will be called Delta Z and combine ORAS and X and Y story wise. I also believe all this merch is adding up to the announcement next month, especially if they are pixelating out images in an update to a spinoff. It seems that all the recent spinoffs are being made with future games in mind, so they can update them with those games contents. For example, pokemon shuffle has an ability called mega boost. It makes you achieve your mega faster if it's the same type as the pokemon with mega boost. One of the pokemon that uses it is trubbish. Yet there is no poison mega. Beedrill's according to what hackers found, is a bug type mega. So if he isn't poison, then another pokemon has to take it's slot. This leads to believe the spinoffs are being prepped for Z and the game will focus on connecting all the recent entries to make it a huge release for the 20th anniversary.

Wow that's quite a large speculation going on here.
    It would be hilarious if they eventually just release a normal 3rd version LOL :)

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    I expect new Mega Evolutions (and similar) like the following:

• Mega Machamp
    • Mega Golem
    • Mega Lapras
    • Mega Snorlax
    • Mega Dragonite
    • Mega Slowking
    • Mega Kingdra
    • Primal Ho-oh*