• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ugh I'd rather it not be Pokemon GO news

I have zero interest in that thing and just want a new main series game

Wow if they don't announce anything related to the main series games I will be really pissed off hehe. They are really pushing it for some reason.
    We had TOO many news related to side games in the past few months , like SMD, which aren't really interesting in my opinion.
    But...Usually Masuda isn't involved in the spin offs so...it's either a main game or an event thing.

There is something GO related we need to know, how can it link to the main games? Most likely 'Z' will be that main game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    But...Usually Masuda isn't involved in the spin offs so...it's either a main game or an event thing.

There is something GO related we need to know, how can it link to the main games? Most likely 'Z' will be that main game.
    I mean, you're probably right, it's just I wouldn't put it past them to say stuff about GO instead of revealing the next game, and at this point I almost expect them to not reveal the next Kalos game anytime that some event thing comes up.

Years
    I mean, you're probably right, it's just I wouldn't put it past them to say stuff about GO instead of revealing the next game, and at this point I almost expect them to not reveal the next Kalos game anytime that some event thing comes up.
    Yeah, we've been hyping ourselves every time and everytime thus far we've been disappointed. Oddly didn't they say they were going to talk about GO in the middle of this month? Halloween is next Saturday... It could well have been delayed by a month. Perhaps we're better off expecting it to be GO and if it's 'Z' we'll be surprised, but if it's GO then our expectations would be met instead of disappointment. The last time a pre announced event announced a game was the Pokémon Direct almost 3 (only 4 months until then) years ago... Next month is one year since ORAS came out...maybe they'll announce something around that time if not next week or on the 15, or in Corocoro leaks...
    I know we've had off years, but did the news period in those years actually go a whole year between release and next game being announced. Actually, wasn't DP released in April 2006 (could be US month of release but either way the gap is large...now I remember why Gen IV felt as long as this one...long waits between releases and future game announcements) and Pt announced May 2008 in Japan? Going by such a scenario 'Z' will be out by Winter of next year... Fun fact RG were meant to come out Dec 1995...so Z coming out December 2016 will be in time for the 21st anniversary of the original release date...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm wondering if we should start keeping an eye out on the official website, both the Japanese and the English website. Because if they plan on doing a worldwide release with this game or games again(evidence is that the English website updated with Zygarde Formes and info almost immediately after CoroCoro came out), a worldwide announcement could pop up unexpectedly on the website. And then Masuda's appearance on Pokenchi plus the CoroCoro issue would be follow-up details, screenshots, and a trailer. And of course, the English website would follow suit with those details also, much like what happened with the Zygarde Formes last month. If the official website is going to be the one to spill the beans, I can easily see them doing it on the day that the XY&Z anime premiers in Japan in order to create more hype.

Worst-case scenario, and this is just for fun even though it would REALLY suck: Zygarde plot is anime-only, the Zygarde that comes with the Xerneas and Yveltal Shinies is the only way to obtain Zygarde Formes in-game, and Pokemon GO is officially revealed to be the start of Gen 7 and onward. This is all very unlikely, but it crossed my mind because people often joke about Game Freak being massive trolls.
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
    I'm wondering if we should start keeping an eye out on the official website, both the Japanese and the English website. Because if they plan on doing a worldwide release with this game or games again(evidence is that the English website updated with Zygarde Formes and info almost immediately after CoroCoro came out), a worldwide announcement could pop up unexpectedly on the website. And then Masuda's appearance on Pokenchi plus the CoroCoro issue would be follow-up details, screenshots, and a trailer. And of course, the English website would follow suit with those details also, much like what happened with the Zygarde Formes last month. If the official website is going to be the one to spill the beans, I can easily see them doing it on the day that the XY&Z anime premiers in Japan in order to create more hype.

Worst-case scenario, and this is just for fun even though it would REALLY suck: Zygarde plot is anime-only, the Zygarde that comes with the Xerneas and Yveltal Shinies is the only way to obtain Zygarde Formes in-game, and Pokemon GO is officially revealed to be the start of Gen 7 and onward. This is all very unlikely, but it crossed my mind because people often joke about Game Freak being massive trolls.

Irc the official US site and those of other countries updated when BW and B2W2 were announced and those weren't world wide releases.
    Also ORAS was a pseudo worldwide release with Europe getting it late, so there's the possibility that 'Z' will come out in some regions later than others.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I think ORAS(?) has pointed out a possibility on wrapping the Gen VI sage in a Gen 7 game. Sounds outrageous and unorthodox, but hey that what I call unexpected.

Years
    I think ORAS(?) has pointed out a possibility on wrapping the Gen VI saga in a Gen 7 game. Sounds outrageous and unorthodox, but hey that what I call unexpected.

Yes, I have. With the other mascot being either Perfect or some new mon. I doubt it though, unless if the region is close to Kalos and the climax gets dragged into it. Well there are still other reasons to doubt it such as it never having been done before, with the closest being Gen II which was a sequel to the Gen I games.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yes, I have. With the other mascot being either Perfect or some new mon. I doubt it though, unless if the region is close to Kalos and the climax gets dragged into it. Well there are still other reasons to doubt it such as it never having been done before, with the closest being Gen II which was a sequel to the Gen I games.
    It's totally astonishing if 'Z' (aka third version) makes its debut in Gen 7. So it's gonna up like a direct update of a preceding generation or even a 'remake' if you put that way.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It's totally astonishing if 'Z' (aka third version) makes its debut in Gen 7. So it's gonna up like a direct update of a preceding generation or even a 'remake' if you put that way.

Especially if alongside Grey or Delta Emerald like some people have predicted.

This is something that I've always thought was possible. There's one guy in a hotel (can't remember which town) in X&Y who says something along the lines of "Kalos is cool, but you should check out my region! It's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!" That they're already referencing a 7th region so early into 6th gen makes me think that there's going to be some relation between Kalos and whatever the main region for gen 7 is.

My first thought was that we would get a 7th region alongside Kalos in 6th gen. But at this point, us getting Kalos alongside a 7th region in 7th gen seems more likely.

Years
    We'll know soon enough I feel.

So which Megas would you like to see? I wouldn't mind seeing Mega Milotic, Flygon, Dragonite, Hydreigon (in XY we got Megas for Ty (II and Gar (IV), OrAs gave us Mega Salamence and Metagross so next should come I and V's pseudos to complete the first V gens's Mega Pseudos.)

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    This is something that I've always thought was possible. There's one guy in a hotel (can't remember which town) in X&Y who says something along the lines of "Kalos is cool, but you should check out my region! It's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!" That they're already referencing a 7th region so early into 6th gen makes me think that there's going to be some relation between Kalos and whatever the main region for gen 7 is.

My first thought was that we would get a 7th region alongside Kalos in 6th gen. But at this point, us getting Kalos alongside a 7th region in 7th gen seems more likely.
    there is orre, fiore, almnia, oblivia & the sevii islands(which are technically not a part of the kanto region.)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    We'll know soon enough I feel.

So which Megas would you like to see? I wouldn't mind seeing Mega Milotic, Flygon, Dragonite, Hydreigon (in XY we got Megas for Ty (II and Gar (IV), OrAs gave us Mega Salamence and Metagross so next should come I and V's pseudos to complete the first V gens's Mega Pseudos.)

Mega Milotic, Mega Flygon, Mega Dragonite (Dragonite-ite?), Mega Jirachi, Mega Florges. Mega Kalos starters might be a bit excessive, but it'd still be neat.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    there is orre, fiore, almnia, oblivia & the sevii islands(which are technically not a part of the kanto region.)

I have a feeling that Backpacker was most likely referring to a future main series game region. There's also the Strange Souvenir that he gives you, which is said to depict an unknown Pokemon that's venerated as a protector of the region he is most likely from.

I almost feel like the wait for more news is getting painful. Masuda-san, why you torture us like this?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I have a feeling that Backpacker was most likely referring to a future main series game region. There's also the Strange Souvenir that he gives you, which is said to depict an unknown Pokemon that's venerated as a protector of the region he is most likely from.
    turn it upside down & it looks like a lilligant

or a picori from LoZ minish cap

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm actually a little surprised that neither Serebii or Bulbanews reported on Masuda's upcoming appearance on Pokenchi. In the past, they've almost always reported on something like that. Sure, his appearances have sometimes been for something not that exciting, but the majority of his appearances on those variety shows have been of importance.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm actually a little surprised that neither Serebii or Bulbanews reported on Masuda's upcoming appearance on Pokenchi. In the past, they've almost always reported on something like that. Sure, his appearances have sometimes been for something not that exciting, but the majority of his appearances on those variety shows have been of importance.

Actually Serebii mentioned it on his twitter( the Joe Merrick one)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022

All these regions (barring Sevii Islands) are spin-off regions, meaning they are non-canon to the main games. Another piece of evidence against your statement; the same backpacker mentioned the champion of his region. The regions you mentioned don't have a Pokemon League

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    All these regions (barring Sevii Islands) are spin-off regions, meaning they are non-canon to the main games. Another piece of evidence against your statement; the same backpacker mentioned the champion of his region. The regions you mentioned don't have a Pokemon League

What if it's the Orange Islands.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What if it's the Orange Islands.

You are just kidding, right? XD Orange Islands is still under the category of spinoffs for a very obvious reason. As Liberal Army said, anything that is not part of the core games are not canon. Even the Pokemon Ranger series aren't canon actually; the affilated regions of the Ranger games have not been mentioned in any main core games, bar the OT names like Oblivia for Heatran etc, which do not count at all. If there's any 'mention' that they have included from any spinoff games, they are only vague wordings such as 'Faraway place', 'Pokemon Ranger' and so on.

So there's no point on bringing Orange Islands, which isn't interesting to begin with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back