• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Found the tweet that Omega was talking about:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokebip/status/656263255652888576

Yeah, that is awfully strange he would re-tweet something like that.

Yup, that's the one. Sorry I didn't paste it myself, I was on my 3DS and posting links can be a hassle (as copy sometimes doesn't copy everything :( ).
    Then there's the fact that he often times reveals something. Do note that it's not always something big. Back in Gen V we got hyped for RSE remakes/'Grey' but all he revealed was a Mewtwo event...
    This time it could be Volcanion or an old event mon like Mew getting an event seeing how every non-event legend is available between ORAS and XY.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yup, that's the one. Sorry I didn't paste it myself, I was on my 3DS and posting links can be a hassle (as copy sometimes doesn't copy everything :( ).
    Then there's the fact that he often times reveals something. Do note that it's not always something big. Back in Gen V we got hyped for RSE remakes/'Grey' but all he revealed was a Mewtwo event...
    This time it could be Volcanion or an old event mon like Mew getting an event seeing how every non-event legend is available between ORAS and XY.

Well we have the CoroCoro (not the ones with Shinies) issue with beta screens already, looks closely they are a bit dark and small tho.

So yeah, if there's no announcement, it could be major info on Zygarde or a hint/tease for Volcanion (as it's most likely gonna be Zygarde's enemy in the film, a la Mewtwo and Genesect).

Years
  • Well we have the CoroCoro (not the ones with Shinies) issue with beta screens already, looks closely they are a bit dark and small tho.

So yeah, if there's no announcement, it could be major info on Zygarde or a hint/tease for Volcanion (as it's most likely gonna be Zygarde's enemy in the film, a la Mewtwo and Genesect).

Where is this issue you speak of if it's not the shiny one? I'll like to see these beta screens.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. You're referring to the "film reel" on top of the magazine. Those could be anime related, but one of them does look like it could be from the game...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Is this that page ?
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Is this that page ?
    Spoiler:

Nope, that's Pokemon Tretta's Ultimate Z expansion. As I said before, notice all the Z stuff going around? It's like a big neon sign that I'm afraid could be part of a curveball...aka the game might not be Z but GF wants to make us think so...unless if that's their plan to think it's a trick and so on xD.

Spoiler:
    It's on top of Perfect Zygarde's colossal picture.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I don't think it's gonna be simply named as Pokemon Z. :)

Btw, is there any confirmed trademark for Pokemon Z? I'm simple curious, trademarking doesn't mean anything. *cough*WaterBlue and Delta Emerald*cough*

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Pokemon Z is really predictable but Having no Z in the new game's name would be weird due to the recent series name etc. Perhaps they could add another word and combine it with the letter Z, Like Onega Rubi etc

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Those pics on the "film reel" I think are screenshots from the XY&Z anime trailer. BTW has there been any new trailers released for that anime? It's two weeks away, and it's been a month since that CoroCoro issue revealed it.

Years
  • Those pics on the "film reel" I think are screenshots from the XY&Z anime trailer. BTW has there been any new trailers released for that anime? It's two weeks away, and it's been a month since that CoroCoro issue revealed it.
    I think so too, but in one of them it's head looks oddly big like it's overworld model...

Not that I'm aware of. Serebii and PokéJungle certainly haven't posted any more. Also, the anime is out next week (Thursday 29th) irc.

Years
  • Holy crap, I got my weeks mixed up haha. So I wonder if we'll be getting an announcement in the coming days? I sure hope so.... if not, November 15th, here we come.
    Hopefully. We also have Corocoro leaks to expect before the 15th. Actually in the past the announcements of the variety show were shown in leaks (corocoro, online, or some other source) before, but the variety show usually became the first official source to break the news. This was pre-Gen VI though.

Years
  • I think that we will get an announcement, before the release of the new anime series (X,Y and Z).
    I think it will be called Pokemon Z as most of the evidence points that way.

Only six days and a little over three hours until Pokemon XY & Z airs (irc it starts at 7 a.m) as of this writing this post. I guess they have enough time if they don't want a last minute announcement. Oh yeah, usually before a big announcement in the variety shows of the past there is a preview that promises to show something big. It's interesting how we have the Nov 15th show being hyped up more than a week before... it's pre-recorded already it seems so there's that. Interestingly it was rumored that Iwata and one of the people at TPCI (can't remember if it was Masuda himself, I think it was the guy who actually announced GO at the conference) were meeting for a pre-recorded Direct announcing Pokemon Go prior to Iwata's death. Now we know that Iwata did play a role in the development of GO and that it was planned for him to play a role in the announcement of it. I mention this as it shows that game announcements may well be pre-recorded months ahead of their scheduled reveal.

Years
  • I don't get what is happening on Nov 15. Is there a new Nintendo direct?

The Pokemon Variety show that replace Pokemon Get TV will feature Masuda. Masuda said he has news for us on that day's show. For those of us on in U.S. it'll be the 14th when it's shown in Japan, so check Serebii, etc. on saturday in case anything big (Like Z) is announced.

Speaking of Go, now that it's on my mind again...what if it's just GO news?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    The Pokemon Variety show that replace Pokemon Get TV will feature Masuda. Masuda said he has news for us on that day's show. For those of us on in U.S. it'll be the 14th when it's shown in Japan, so check Serebii, etc. on saturday in case anything big (Like Z) is announced.

Speaking of Go, now that it's on my mind again...what if it's just GO news?

Wow if they don't announce anything related to the main series games I will be really pissed off hehe. They are really pushing it for some reason.
    We had TOO many news related to side games in the past few months , like SMD, which aren't really interesting in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back