• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I also wouldn't mind Clemont getting a new pokemon. But I can't really think of one that he might get here on out. However he does already have 7 pokemon, but still I would love to see him catch another one. Would say evolve Bunnelby, but I don't see that happening. Kinda hope Chespin evolves even though i don't like the Chespin's evolved form. But would love to see it roll around and getting stuck on its back like a turtle.

No one has yet to get a pokemon egg, and someone always gets a pokemon egg.
    Kanto - Misty (Togepi)
    Johto - Ash (Larvitar and Phanpy)
    Hoenn - May (Eevee, I think this was actually in Battle Frontier saga)
    Sinnoh - Dawn and Brock (Cyndaquill and Happiny)
    Unova - Ash (Scraggy)

So I think we can guess someone will eventually get a pokemon egg. I am thinking it will be Serena at a later date. Then again, they are breaking most of the old 'patterns'.

Also, I think we can confirm that everything on the cake and booklet has now come to pass with the absence of Noibat and Eevee on it. There hasn't been any more unofficial leaks lately, so there may be some in a month or two, or they are starting to crack down on early leaks other than CoroCoro and TV. I think if Clemont was going to get a design change, it would have already happened and I think the only reason he was covered up was because of Goodra, which they failed miserably at hiding.

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Its confirmed that Shota has a Bagon !
    If that Bagon evolve into Salamence and Shota is allow to keep it then I will be really pissed Since Ash wasn't allowed to keep Goodra for more then 5 episode.
    I mean , Look at that thing--

XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

If Goodra is ''Too strong'' for Ash then what about this ?
    Why should a little Boy like Shota be allow to keep Salamence when his Senior can't even keep a Goodra ?

By the way , Noivern doesn't really stand a chance against Salamence !
    Since Salamence has more power & Defense and it can learn more attack then Noivern.
    Plus , Noibat is really common in caves so Shota can have his own Noivern any time But Ash can't get a Bagon any time he wants.

Ok well enjoy getting pissed then

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well.... apparently I was correct about someone getting an egg lol.

The newest episode name is called 'Wind, Egg and Noibat!' So the egg is possibly Ash's which would explain why the Noibat has trouble flying. Hurrah for being correct once again for me lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh noooooooo that's going to be so cute Ash teaching a little baby noibat how to fly I want this so bad ;u;

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
    Years
  • I was kind of hoping that someone else would get a Pokemon egg this region, but it explains why Noibat has trouble flying and why it cries when it fails. Judging on the opening, the Noibat will learn to fly eventually. It is probable it might learn to fly in the episode it's introduced in.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's definitely a good way to introduce Noibat. Should be a good episode. Now I wonder how they get the egg....

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I was kind of hoping that someone else would get a Pokemon egg this region, but it explains why Noibat has trouble flying and why it cries when it fails. Judging on the opening, the Noibat will learn to fly eventually. It is probable it might learn to fly in the episode it's introduced in.

Noibat is a Baby mean it will take a lot time before its evolves ! So Obviously Noibat isn't a good replacement for Goodra.

Well , May be Hawlucha get replace after Noibat learn to Fly in order to bring balance in Ash's team!
    Unless Fletchinder get replace with a Lively Litleo that run around a lot like May's Skitty .

It ironies that Ash caught only One Flying pokemon in BW series (Despite catching 10 pokemon) and now he caught 3 flying type .
    But , Ash also caught only One fire type pokemon in Bw Series !
    It would be cool if Ash caught One more fire type in BW Series since he has affinity with fire type pokemon and Unova had a lot of great fire type pokemon.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Noibat is a Baby mean it will take a lot time before its evolves ! So Obviously Noibat isn't a good replacement for Goodra

What's that got to do with anything?
    It's been shown time and time again that the writers will do what they want, and make a pokemon be as strong, or weak as they want. Pikachu has been with Ash for the longest time, and I distinctively remember it losing to a Snivy at the start of the BW series. By your logic calling Noibat "weak" since it hatched from an egg, is the same as saying pikachu should be the strongest pokemon - which simply isn't true.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Noibat is already part dragon as a Noibat. But some people keep ignoring that fact. Phanpy hatched from an egg and it eventually evolved. Noibat will probably evolve in a filler arc like another Battle Frontier or anything that could be a filled arc.

We basically know Serena is getting an Eevee.

Someone else could still get an egg, with this saga being more like Sinnoh and Hoenn mixed and all. It may be in a filler arc similar to May for someone else to get an egg.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Let me guess , Ash & Co will run into Noibat's mother Noivern and Ash will decide to leave Noibat with its mother !

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Noibat could easily evolve quickly, make it a swinub scenario. They train and bond a lot, then it evolves by the league. There problem solved. And Famon, that post was hard to read, could you review grammar nex time? Not trying to sound rude here.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I really don't think Noibat will be leaving his team at all. Especially if it's going to be hatching from an egg lmao. And before you bring up Larvitar the point was to bring it back to its mother to begin with so not a very good comparison.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Since Noibat's been in a lot of marketing, I doubt we are getting an arc based around it's inevitable release, especially based on the opening. And especially after goodra's arc just focused on the same thing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I dont care about Ash catching Noibat I just want to see his friends catch better Pokemon. Too bad Serena's getting Eevee. Bleh.

Oh please , Ash's friends always get better pokemon then him ! Ash doesn't get anything more then Starter & Medicare Pokemon.
    Example : Iris catching Exadrill and Dragonite Or Dawn catching Memoswine and Togekiss !
    Even now , The strongest & coolest Pokemon in XY group is owned by Clemont which happen to be Luxray.
    And God know , How billion year Ash will take to catch a better pokemon then that !
    A Baby Noibat doesn't really stand a chance against Clemont's Luxray ! And Ash kick out the only pokemon that can take on Luxray.
    Considering Ash's next pokemon might be a Boring Ass Skkido So it not even worth waitng.
    So , I rather prefer Ash getting better pokemon then his friends for once.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Oh please , Ash's friends always get better pokemon then him ! Ash doesn't get anything more then Starter & Medicare Pokemon.
    Example : Iris catching Exadrill and Dragonite Or Dawn catching Memoswine and Togekiss !
    Even now , The strongest & coolest Pokemon in XY group is owned by Clemont which happen to be Luxray.
    And God know , How billion year Ash will take to catch a better pokemon then that !
    A Baby Noibat doesn't really stand a chance against Clemont's Luxray ! And Ash kick out the only pokemon that can take on Luxray.
    Considering Ash's next pokemon might be a Boring Ass Skkido So it not even worth waitng.
    So , I rather prefer Ash getting better pokemon then his friends for once.

Yes because Dawn's Mamoswine and Togekiss have TOTALLY defeated Tobias's Darkrai in the semi-finals! Screw Sceptile!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Yes because Dawn's Mamoswine and Togekiss have TOTALLY defeated Tobias's Darkrai in the semi-finals! Screw Sceptile!

Except Sceptile was caught in AG series where May had a Blaziken ! Also just because Dawn & May didn't battle Tobias's Darkrai doesn't mean they can't beat it !
    If you want to establish Ash's sidekick as poor unfortunate character that can't get good pokemon because of Ash then you're completely wrong.
    There are Non-legendary pokemons that Ash is not allow to catch & keep due to them being too OP or too special like Pseudo-legendary , Golurk , Milotic, Lucario , Eevee , Ditto etc etc.
    Unfortunately , Female lead doesn't has to follow any rule and they can catch & keep any pokemon no matter how OP or Special they are.
    Hack , Serena has 90% chance of catching Milotic ! And She is allowed to keep it forever.
    So If people still think Female lead doesn't get better pokemon even after Iris catching & keeping Dragonite then I guess Writer has no choice but to give Serena a freaking Legendary pokemon to change their mind.

Just like Some People complain about Ash ''stealing'' all the spotlight from Dawn in DP even though Dawn achieved more then Ash did in Sinnoh.
    She's the Famous ''Wallace Cup champion'' and the finalist of her very first Grand-festival.
    Compare to that , Ash just won some Minor Local tournament and reached Top 4 in his 4th League.
    It doesn't matter he's the only person to beat Darkrai cause everyone will value that Finalist of the Sinnoh League for being the finalist.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Except Sceptile was caught in AG series where May had a Blaziken ! Also just because Dawn & May didn't battle Tobias's Darkrai doesn't mean they can't beat it !
    If you want to establish Ash's sidekick as poor unfortunate character that can't get good pokemon because of Ash then you're completely wrong.
    There are Non-legendary pokemons that Ash is not allow to catch & keep due to them being too OP or too special like Pseudo-legendary , Golurk , Milotic, Lucario , Eevee , Ditto etc etc.
    Unfortunately , Female lead doesn't has to follow any rule and they can catch & keep any pokemon no matter how OP or Special they are.
    Hack , Serena has 90% chance of catching Milotic ! And She is allowed to keep it forever.
    So If people still think Female lead doesn't get better pokemon even after Iris catching & keeping Dragonite then I guess Writer has no choice but to give Serena a freaking Legendary pokemon to change their mind.

Just like Some People complain about Ash ''stealing'' all the spotlight from Dawn in DP even though Dawn achieved more then Ash did in Sinnoh.
    She's the Famous ''Wallace Cup champion'' and the finalist of her very first Grand-festival.
    Compare to that , Ash just won some Minor Local tournament and reached Top 4 in his 4th League.
    It doesn't matter he's the only person to beat Darkrai cause everyone will value that Finalist of the Sinnoh League for being the finalist.

XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

And if Serena gets a Milotic ---> she becomes better than Ash??? Show evidence that Milotic is a better Pokemon than, say, Hawlucha or Talonflame. Why did Iris's Dragonite lose to Ash's Krookodile? Why couldn't May's Blaziken beat Ash's Sceptile IN A CONTEST BATTLE? Dawn achieved more than Ash did in Sinnoh? LOLOLOLOLOL. I didn't know she could get revenge after a 2-6 loss. "It doesn't matter he's the only person to beat Darkrai" ---> ???!!! (not to mention he beat Latios as well!)

YOU. DON'T. NEED. "STRONG". POKEMON. TO. BE. A. GOOD. TRAINER.

Last edited:
    Back