• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    ALO got better choices/options... >>;

And seriously I won't use 2 slots in my deck for a situational card just to fight against elemental searchers. It is just awful if top-decked, and it's so situational that most of the time you can't afford to "wait for the good opportunity" anymore, and just end up throwing it in defense mode.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    You can fold your hand and forfeit if you got all 3 of almost any card on your opening hand... you need almost a miracle or some insane tech-draw machine to get yourself out of that.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    You'll still be at a disadvantage no matter how you look at it, if you got 3 of the same cards right from the very beginning. While you can use graceful to get yourself out of those locks and get 3 new cards, you COULD have saved graceful charity for later if you didn't have all copies of that same card, for example... err... k that sounds bad as I can't explain it very well but really I haven't seen anyone do that well with all 3 copies of one card from opening hand, including myself >>;

(ok unless it's some super situational crap like holding all 3 cyber dragons with a power bond/polymerization... that is an exception)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    It's still losing a potential resource... losing a resource should *always* hurt because all of your cards should be well picked and all cards should contribute to the deck.

Really for water decks that want to be thinned out, use this instead:

It's morph friendly (just like how many water cards are morph friendly, Mobius to Balter?), it's excellent water art material, and it's THE monster to abuse creature swap with (yes I know that it can't summon more copies of itself then if swapped to the other side of the field, but I don't mind free tribute for Mobius, then wipe out their magic/trap, and then score a 2400 dent in the opponent's LP.)

Of course, that's only if you *REALLY* need to deck thin yourself... otherwise, poison draw frog for the win!

Last edited:

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    It goes to the hand? It could really bed for cost cards like Ligthing Vortex, Magic Jammer and so on. It has it uses espacilly in a water deck. Or can also give you draw power for Card Desruction also. Going to the hand can give you many avdtanges just like being summoned to the field.

Mobius is level 6. All of the Monarchs are. B.E.S Crystal Core can do the morphing though.

Abuse with Creature Swap is always good and helpful. This card is good but sadly may not get noticed outside of a water deck D;

Traditional:2.3/4(a lot of thinning there)
    Avdanced:3.0/5

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Zaikiro said:
    Mobius is level 6. All of the Monarchs are. B.E.S Crystal Core can do the morphing though.

I think he's saying with ALO out...

Anyway, the card is good, and powerful with Des Frog decks (obviously), but otherwise somewhat pointless...

Moving back, however...

Hydrogeddon.

This is better than you think...especially combined with something like Meteorain (there go all 3 Momongas!!)...or against the now-more-constant Tomato Control, or anti-GEAF/GAF/Lel Lei, etc.

Not to mention it'll often translate into an early 1600 direct attack...

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Oh, my mistake then.

Yay ^_^ Another Hydrogeddon supporter. It is a great card overall. A wonderful beatstick.

Meteorain is a great card, but really underrated. The only trample monsters that get noticed is Airknight and Exarion Universe(apprently I don't know what that card is still noticed even though Black Luster Soldier Envoy the Beginning is banned) Meteorian is like Enraged Battle Ox. One of the better trample cards but not a Cookie Cutter card.

Some of the other cards you mention could also make use of it. Besides Goblin Eilete Atack Force none of the others will get noticed outside of Beatdown which will be hard for Hydrogeddon to suceed it's effect in alone. Espacilly if something like Skill Drain is on the field.

A new card.

SOI-JP021
    Chainsaw Insect
    Earth/Insect/4/2400/0
    When this card battle, at the end of Damage Step opponent draw a card.
    Rare

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    O_O; Are they SERIOUS about this card?

3 of this + Appropriate = I win

I'm very sure japanese people are using this already though... it's just too hard not to notice this combo right away.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that there will be a ruling about activating Appropriate during the Battle Step, There must be one now..but in Jappanese -.-;

You could have many combos with this card but not to well enough to be in a average deck. It has beatstick power but giving your opponent hand avdtange is something that many players will refuse to do. It may gain play, only by the serious players.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Agent9 said:
    But, Couldn't you activate Apropiate during your main phase? then attack?
    Yes. But I am talking in terms of it's effect. It could activate any time. But it's effect of chaining to Chainsaw Insect effect during the Battle Step.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Zaikiro said:
    Meteorain is a great card, but really underrated. The only trample monsters that get noticed is Airknight and Exarion Universe(apprently I don't know what that card is still noticed even though Black Luster Soldier Envoy the Beginning is banned) Meteorian is like Enraged Battle Ox. One of the better trample cards but not a Cookie Cutter card.

Some of the other cards you mention could also make use of it. Besides Goblin Eilete Atack Force none of the others will get noticed outside of Beatdown which will be hard for Hydrogeddon to suceed it's effect in alone. Espacilly if something like Skill Drain is on the field.

I know! Excarion is useless, especially with Goats limited to one...if you want trample, get a Fairy Meteor Crush...

...I was saying that Hydrogeddon is ANTI-GAF/GEAF/etc...as in after they attack, use one to smash through that 0 DEF and then use the other to attack directly...

Anyway...

Chainsaw Insect (what a name)...

Good beatstick, and good for disassembling walls, not to mention KILLS CYBER DRAGON!!! Yes, I KNEW Konami wouldn't let a card swarm the meta like BLS did again!!!!!!

Sure, its effect might SEEM bad...but pair it with all those anti-draw cards from SOD (Greed, Null and Void, Bubble Crash, etc), or with Appropriate like Frostweaver mentioned, and you've got one majorly mean 4-star beatstick with serious effect "damage" on your hands...

Oh yeah, one other card--CARD DESTRUCTION. This thing can so EASILY fit in mill/burn decks...

8/10 (needs the right cards for maximum effectiveness).

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Ichapokemr said:
    I know! Excarion is useless, especially with Goats limited to one...if you want trample, get a Fairy Meteor Crush...

...I was saying that Hydrogeddon is ANTI-GAF/GEAF/etc...as in after they attack, use one to smash through that 0 DEF and then use the other to attack directly...
    It is still good. Just should not be praised much like it is. I understood what you mean but if they are still in atack mode bu terms od Skill Drain or if it did'nt atack yet.
    Ichapokemr said:
    Anyway...

Chainsaw Insect (what a name)...

Good beatstick, and good for disassembling walls, not to mention KILLS CYBER DRAGON!!! Yes, I KNEW Konami wouldn't let a card swarm the meta like BLS did again!!!!!!

Sure, its effect might SEEM bad...but pair it with all those anti-draw cards from SOD (Greed, Null and Void, Bubble Crash, etc), or with Appropriate like Frostweaver mentioned, and you've got one majorly mean 4-star beatstick with serious effect "damage" on your hands...

Oh yeah, one other card--CARD DESTRUCTION. This thing can so EASILY fit in mill/burn decks...

8/10 (needs the right cards for maximum effectiveness).
    Like I said about Appropriate before. It may not be able to chain it's effect (or it's effect activating)during the battle step. I twould be great but UDE(here and in Asia) may seem to counter it.

Let's not forget Slient Magician also. I tcan gain from that. Also Protector of the Sacuantary ( it has reasons for restrictions) for example. It can really go far but not here in a meta where giving your opponent hand avdtange is a bad thing.

It can make great uses in it's own deck and it's good to get insect support since it is rarely gotten unlike Warriors and Arrgo.

A wonderful card that just needs to be noticed outside of it's efect of hand avdtange to the opoonent. We really need a more mature meta =/

8.4/10

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Appropriate should work in battle phase... I checked upperdeck but they don't have it here. However, we just need to check if Appropriate works against Airknight Parshath. If it works against Airknight Parshath whose draw is also during a battle phase, then this little buggy will work with Appropriate. (Just keep in mind that you aren't getting any card advantage unless this combo works for at least 2 turns. This is because 'Appropriate' is one card, therefore neglecting the bonus from drawing 2 cards for the 1 card that the enemy draws.)

Protector of the Sanctuary works with Chainsaw Insect alone, but don't put it together with Appropriate because those two will clash >>;

Mill decks DO need more than just the Pots... finally they got a beatdown card that can stand for a very long time ("invincible" in battle without effect). Guess that mill lives on even if it ignores Exchange of the Spirit.

Insect decks can't use this card just because it's an insect card >>; It's like saying throwing Shining Angel into a light deck that isn't specialized in using fairies (there's hardly any good light cards that you can use with Shining Angel, 2 good ones at most?)

When did Excarion become useless? O.o; It's good defense and fun with enemy reaper all into one big package. Just because goats are gone that will never throw Excarion into the useless pile. And hardly anyone uses Fairy Meteor Crush, as dedicated trample deck will go for the raw strength of Big Bang Shot. Excarion is just not splash-able into any deck (as goats are gone), but it's definitely living.

I think Silent Magician will be much better off relying on classical Level Up! Rather than letting the enemy draw... >>;

There's a darn good reason why everyone is paranoid of hand advantage, especially with no way to catch up because pot/graceful are gone... try playing with a 8 card opening hand with only 4000 LP in the beginning against a normal start of 5 card hand with full 8000 LP, with both player using the same deck. (of course, this test will fail with any deck that relies on winning without depleting life points, such as mill, exodia and etc)

Last edited:

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Me has forgotten about Airknight Parshath >>:

Excarion is not useless. There are just better cards than it. Fairy Meteor Crush is good in trample decks. It strange how people options can change with a atack boost.

Silent Magician does have combos with the drawings. Level Up may produce more speed but it does give your opponent a disavdtange if you play a card like Heavy Slump. Which can give a chance for Silent Magician Lv.8 to stay on the field.

Appropriate is destroyable. Your opponent would not rather draw 1 card and let you draw 2. He/She may even negate the atack.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Appropriate WILL work with it, but activating it doesn't give you cards right away.

Excarion is useless for the sheer reason of the ATK decrease.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back