• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Zaikiro said:
    Appropriate is destroyable. Your opponent would not rather draw 1 card and let you draw 2. He/She may even negate the atack.

Exactly why I said the whole thing about card advantage and the bug...

Excarion will be too insane without the attack decrease, because it's a card that can defend and attack at the same time. Add trample to that whole mess for free? er, no. There's still a fair amount of things that 1400 attack power can run over, and just switch back to 1800 if you need raw power instead. I like it.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Ichapokemr said:
    Appropriate WILL work with it, but activating it doesn't give you cards right away.

Excarion is useless for the sheer reason of the ATK decrease.
    I have found that our already about Appropriate.

Not useless. Just too praised =/
    Frostweaver said:
    Exactly why I said the whole thing about card advantage and the bug...
    >.>
    Did'nt see that. I'm sorry
    Frostweaver said:
    Excarion will be too insane without the attack decrease, because it's a card that can defend and attack at the same time. Add trample to that whole mess for free? er, no. There's still a fair amount of things that 1400 attack power can run over, and just switch back to 1800 if you need raw power instead. I like it.
    It is a good card but it takes away the credit from the other tramplers and it shows a sign that last format is still alive. It was wonderful stats but there are many reasons to like a card and to not like a card. It was in 7 out of 8 dcks in the last SJC of the format. Not even Airknight gained that kind of attention when it came out. It just seems like a card that just seems to take away the meaning of trample.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Excarion is really good, but just that its subtype isn't very... charming, especially when Enraged Battle Ox has the same subtype. Move Excarion as a beast instead of a beast-warrior, and suddenly a new deck type *will* be born. It's like Manticore of Darkness. it's an insanely powerful card, but it can't be splashed anywhere, and there's too little support for its subtype, so in the end it looks like a bad card cause it's hardly used yet it isn't.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Please don't spam cp30 overall.

A new card.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *dun dun dun* Jinzo vs Mobius the Frost Monarch

Pros
    -stops bottomless traphole, something that Mobius cannot ever evade
    -stops Dust Tornado from chaining on to the summon, something that Mobius cannot ever stop as well

Cons
    -the traps are still there, just can't be used. When Smashing Ground comes in to destroy Jinzo, the traps will be back and ready again.

Other
    -Horn of Heaven and Solemn Judgment can both stop Jinzo and Mobius the Frost Monarch

However, destroying is probably better than just preventing a card from activating... Unless the machine subtype or the dark type are useful to the deck, or if you have ways to protect Jinzo (if Jinzo can last for a long period of time, then it's definitely better than Mobius the Frost Monarch) then it's very likely that Mobius the Frost Monarch is a better choice for this format.

Personally, I admit that I lack the skill to protect monsters without using my own traps (curse those Reinforcement of the Army to call D. D. Assailant and Exiled Forces anytime they need one), so I definitely favor Mobius the Frost Monarch a lot more (on top of the preference just because of the name too, of course ^_^)

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I seen enough of those on pojo >_>. It seems to them that desruction is stronger than negation in this format.

I rebember Mobius as a CotW https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16434&page=16

The IMG pic died out but it's Mobius.

I always used Mobius, even in last format over Jinzo. My review is still the same. My option is a little better on it now after seeing it being used more and more.

Kyouraku/Zaikiro said:
    Here is my review for both of them.

Mobius the Frost Monarch: It's effect allows S/T removal. It has to be tributed for it's efect to activate and it can be chained by cards like Divine Wrath, Ring of Desurction and so on. 2400 atack is good for a level 6 monster can destroy Jinzo and any of the other Monarchs. Also it can destroy Sacered phoenix of Nepthys. So it's atack is respectable. But 1000 defense can make it be destroyed by Tsukuyomi >__> and other cards if it's swtiched to defense mode.

So it's def is not that reliable. Either way it is useful in many way. Even though it effect requires a tribute. Hey! Breaker requires a normal summon.

So my review
    Traditional 2.7/5(We have Harpies Feather Duster and Imperal Order)
    Avdenced: 3.2/5
    New avdenced 3.6/5(After the ban list on October 1st)

It's one of the best Monarchs out there.

On to Jinzo.

Jinzo has always had the title as the best tribute monster in the game. It is sitll one of the best in the game. It's stats are amaging and it's effect always gives it protection form now to then. It may not destroy but it can negate more and protects your monsterst also. It negates your traps with your opponent so it's wise to play your traps. Jinzo has always been wonderful and always good in tournaments. It was restricted when it was out. It was clearly superior in the past formats. But times has changed.

A great 4.4 both formats.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Amplifier......but IO is gone!!

Seriously, Jinzo...is just better than Mobius in general. Sure, destruction generally is better than negation, but you only get a max of 2 at that time, and if your opponent happens to have more in their hand (from Cyber Jar/Card Destruction), like Magic Cylinder, BTH, Saku, etc., then Mobius is essentially a wasted tribute....whereas at least Jinzo KEEPS GOING.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing--MOBIUS CAN'T BE SPECIAL SUMMONED TO USE ITS EFFECT. Premature/Call are near-staples in this format, yet Mobius is only a beatstick with these two, while Jinzo is a beatstick/permanent Trap blocker (oh, and freebie when combined with CotH).

So, in general, while it is close, Jinzo beats Mobius (other than in a water deck, and even that's a close call).

5/5

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Ichapokemr said:
    ...Amplifier......but IO is gone!!

Seriously, Jinzo...is just better than Mobius in general. Sure, destruction generally is better than negation, but you only get a max of 2 at that time, and if your opponent happens to have more in their hand (from Cyber Jar/Card Destruction), like Magic Cylinder, BTH, Saku, etc., then Mobius is essentially a wasted tribute....whereas at least Jinzo KEEPS GOING.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing--MOBIUS CAN'T BE SPECIAL SUMMONED TO USE ITS EFFECT. Premature/Call are near-staples in this format, yet Mobius is only a beatstick with these two, while Jinzo is a beatstick/permanent Trap blocker (oh, and freebie when combined with CotH).

So, in general, while it is close, Jinzo beats Mobius (other than in a water deck, and even that's a close call).

5/5
    Imperal Order?

Near staple you say? I rebember you saying it was. Post

I truly agree with you on your second paragraph. Desruction is good but Negation is better in my opinion. But not to most in this format like I said above. Negation blocks more and is a little bit more gantureed.

Jinzo negates your traps also. But because of the 3x Sakaretsu and Widespreads in this format due to Rind and Mirror Force being gone. If they were restricted to 1(lets pray that never happens),Jinzo may rise agian. Now, Jinzo is not showing a good example as a good topdeck now with the average trap lineup 7 or more.

Inuyasha

Too Tired to Care.
    Years
    Meh. I never did like to use Jinzo... I think I used him once when I first got him, then went back to my Spirit deck... (No, I didnt use yata. Yata is cheap, underhanded, and lacks honor.)
    It is a great card though. And then amplifier. >< I hated it. I kept a few cards to destroy jinzo in my deck though... never hadda big problem...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Destroying Jinzo is slightly harder than other cards because you can't blow it up with your traps, but with so many suicidal removal cards out there, it's not too hard to do so. And, there is always Smashing Ground if desperate, but usually you probably want to save Smashing Ground for a Spirit Reaper (of course, use it on Jinzo if there's multiple copies of Smashing Ground in your hand)

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Frostweaver said:
    Destroying Jinzo is slightly harder than other cards because you can't blow it up with your traps, but with so many suicidal removal cards out there, it's not too hard to do so. And, there is always Smashing Ground if desperate, but usually you probably want to save Smashing Ground for a Spirit Reaper (of course, use it on Jinzo if there's multiple copies of Smashing Ground in your hand)

It's fun to kill Jinzo when you have 3 Smashings, 3 Assailants, a Warrior Lady, and Exiled Force in your deck.:D

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Inuyasha said:
    Meh. I never did like to use Jinzo... I think I used him once when I first got him, then went back to my Spirit deck... (No, I didnt use yata. Yata is cheap, underhanded, and lacks honor.)
    It is a great card though. And then amplifier. >< I hated it. I kept a few cards to destroy jinzo in my deck though... never hadda big problem...
    Yata is noticed as broken, but not cheap. It was $60 when it came out. It's nice to see you agian Inu.

Agent9 said:
    I had one, but I never liked using it. NEGATED MY BEAUTIFUL TRAPS
    It really depends of the time of the game how Jinzo affects your traps. If late and you use more than half. It can be one of the best cards of the game.

frostweaver said:
    How is Smashing Ground is desperate? There are many ways to kill Jinzo. And you could blow it off with your traps(depending which traps they are). Mostly Solemn Judgement and Horn of Heaven can stop Jinzo. The rest Jinzo has pirority.

Mullet said:
    It's fun to kill Jinzo when you have 3 Smashings, 3 Assailants, a Warrior Lady, and Exiled Force in your deck.:D
    True. There is more than one way to destroy it. It better to look on what to negate Jinzo with than to see what Jinzo negates.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Zaikiro said:
    Yata is noticed as broken, but not cheap. It was $60 when it came out. It's nice to see you agian Inu.

True. There is more than one way to destroy it. It better to look on what to negate Jinzo with than to see what Jinzo negates.

Yata was never $60 dollars, it was either more or less, from what I saw.

You can only negate Jinzo one way, and that's Solom Judgement, I know what you ment though. I forgot if Divine Wrath works on it, cause that would negate it too.
    :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back