• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It's been a while since anything was posted here, so...

Kinkabyou
    Beast/Spirit
    1 Star/Dark
    400 Atk / 200 Def

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, select 1 Level 1 monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it. When this card leaves the field, the monster Special Summoned this way is removed from play.

Abuse your Disc Commander now Y/Y? As long as you have something to keep tributing it away for before the End Phase comes around this is an infinite draw two we're talking here. Plus, there's just got to be tons of other ways to make this thing do crazy stuff; I know it. :x

Toon Cannon Soldier in Exodia decks. As long as you have consistent protection for it, the combo is GG.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    However, the outcry for banning disc commander in both OCG and TCG are pretty strong (TCG stronger than OCG, as OCG's tuners can match disc commander in DAD) so hopefully we won't get to see it in action with disc =)

wait how does this thing works in exodia deck with toon cannon soldier for "gg" combo? o_o?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    wait how does this thing works in exodia deck with toon cannon soldier for "gg" combo? o_o?

Disc Commander spam and tributing it for Toon Cannon Soldier so it doesn't get removed from play. You're drawing a minimum of 3 cards a turn and, as long as you have protection for your cannon, can keep doing it over and over again.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Disc Commander spam and tributing it for Toon Cannon Soldier so it doesn't get removed from play. You're drawing a minimum of 3 cards a turn and, as long as you have protection for your cannon, can keep doing it over and over again.

I wouldn't really rely on that one too, too much. Who doesn't main crow nowadays o_o. I honestly still think that stall Exodia/burn is not the way to go with Lightsworn having a new mini-breaker, Gladiator beasts having secutor and DAD itself can nuke anything. Exodia have to win fast without stall, and burn have to be able to do some battling too.

~Sasuke Uchiha~

I suppose thats true
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I have a quistion it the attack and defense are the same what would happen it someone were too attack it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...As you said, digi-kun...

The 6th and most likely final monarch.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I think we all discussed what you can do with it. You can use it for your own draw power, or you can special summon it to clear 2 of any cards (mini-gyzarus?) on your opponent's side. Yes they do get a draw, but then clearing 2 cards is huge and likely score enough damage to seriously threaten or even win the game.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I liek how his draw effect is optional in the OCG, but worded like its mandatory in the TCG.
    The translators got lazy again, like Zombie Master.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I liek how his draw effect is optional in the OCG, but worded like its mandatory in the TCG.
    The translators got lazy again, like Zombie Master.

When do you really choose not to draw though XD; very, very, rarely. It isn't a deathly lazy translation mistake at least.

Next card to talk about huh... let's stay away from the mainstream cards that are already chatted all over the internet anyway.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Well...this is a faint glimmer of hope for the Fish type, I suppose? Combined with Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, this is basically an open license to nuke your opponent's field with great prejudice. =0

That being said...that route would require you to run a deck with lots and lots of fish. I mean sure, we can use Pot of Avarice to cycle the stuff back in, but Coelacanth and Golden Flying Fish being pretty much the only good fish monsters we've got (Unless we want to do something with Ocean's Keeper and Cranium Fish)...meh, it's a start, but the type needs a lot more worthwhile cards before you can seriously consider building a deck on them.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Evil Dragon Ananta

Type(s): Reptile/Effect
    Level: 8
    ATK/DEF: ?/?

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play all Reptile-Type monsters you control and in your Graveyard. The original ATK and DEF of this card become the number of Reptile-Type monsters you removed from play when you Special Summoned this card x 600. During each of your End Phases, you must destroy 1 card on the field.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...So it's basically Megarock Dragon for Reptiles with a stat decrease and serious drawba--wait, on the field? Including your opponent's field?? Okay, that is a definite plus...except your opponent has a chance to make up for it since it comes at the end of your turn. For this, it's not as dangerous as Dark Armed Dragon effect-wise, but it can still become a huge beatstick on its own. Hmm...it's up in the air, I guess. Likely a new win condition for Venom decks, though.

*considers RFG return swarm...but then takes into account list status of the two main offenders*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Actually I somewhat wonder about the rulings of this card and the many trap reptile monsters... do they count as reptile monsters to remove and get 600 off of it too?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    They count as a monster while activated, but are just traps in the Graveyard. ...So, I suppose so, while active.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Tee-hee...thread revival time! =D

Lightsworn Barrier
    Continuous Trap

When a "Lightsworn" Monster you control is selected as an attack target, you can send 2 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard to negate the attack.

In other words, bug the heck out of Gladiator Beast while simultaneously speeding up your self-mill. With the new rulings on continuous traps, you can also keep it face-down until it's ready to be sprung. Excluding the obvious search problem, is there any future for this one? Most of the top gladiator builds are only running the standard one storm one typhoon S/T removal setup with two twister or dust in the side deck, so this could potentially force your opponent to either slow down their pace for a while until they dig one of those up or commit a Test Tiger or Solem Judgment early just to keep their battle phase open. Both good things from my point of view. Thoughts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back