• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I don't like it ._.

It's not bad, just overshadowed by the bigger Dark monsters. The worse part is that it suffers from what the original parshath suffered: lv 5 and no new methods to be special summoned. If you tribute summon it, it's not THAT spectacular either. By the time you reached monarch level atk at 2400, you already got 5 dark in the graveyard and that means you can really use better dark monsters like Dark Creator...

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Sigh, I was really thinking of using him since his name is cool (Darknight > Airknight IMO) and his art is cool. So he really doesn't much going for him?

Hmm. Dark Creator's a secret rare though, not sure if I could get him that easily.

lonewolfx44

Is a happy fellow ^^
    Years
    The Agent of Creation - Venus
    4 stat effect monster, 1600/ something defense
    Hands down my favorite card ever. For each 500 life points you spend with its effect, you can special summon 1 Mystical Shine Ball from your hand or deck, even in defensive mode. They are 500/500 level 2 (i think) normal monsters. That is awesome defense and great for Tributing.

I think all cards requiring stuff being sent to the graveyard or stuff in the graveyard is useless to build your deck around. Especially against my deck with lots of Banishers and Macro Cosmos. AKA Dark World decks = .... HAHHA pwnt.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    And what do you do if you draw the bloody shineballs >_>; However, Venus has its place in those fun decks lv 2 normal weenie rush for fun measures. With Creature Swap coming at 3 which is my favorite part of the new banlist, I don't mind more useless monsters to trade for better ones, lol.

Problem with Venus is just deckspace and can't be searched. Drawing into Shineballs suck. 1500 LP to get out 3 tribute fodders aren't that great either, since we have Metal Reflect Slime and Fiend Sanctuary (but they are darn costly IRL).

As for saying how Macro Cosmos can win against Dark Armed Dragon: not necessarily at all. Even with 3 banisher, macro cosmos and dimensional fissure, there's just issues with racing the dark armed dragon's dumping arsenal. Also, Dark Armed Dragon decks do run Escape from the Dark Dimension with Dimension Fusion/RftDD, which usually ends up with beatsticks stronger than traditional Macro Cosmos can afford.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Venus is......reasonable for stall decks that might take advantage of LLAB and Gravity Bind, but there are so many other, better choices that it isn't funny. The tribute fodder part might be helpful, too, but as Frostweaver said, that's useless once you draw them.

Problem with Venus is just deckspace and can't be searched. Drawing into Shineballs suck. 1500 LP to get out 3 tribute fodders aren't that great either, since we have Metal Reflect Slime and Fiend Sanctuary (but they are darn costly IRL).

*whistles while pulled Metal Reflect Slime sits on the table nearby (only 3 packs purchased)*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Ichaste Pekoni said:
    *whistles while pulled Metal Reflect Slime sits on the table nearby (only 3 packs purchased)*

Thou shall not brag unless you did that with Dark Armed Dragon and/or Dark Creator.

lonewolfx44

Is a happy fellow ^^
    Years
    XD I forgot to mention I use Voltanis and Shine Balls are fairies. I include 2 or 3 negate attacks (i forget) and lots of counters. o.o Other wise I wouldn't use Agent of Creation in this deck because I never even used Snatch Steal I was tight on space :P

Ah, I wanna say, I think Negate Attack is a great counter card (maybe not for the effect, but how often it usually can be activated.) Of course, Solemn Judgment can probably be activated more, but at a penalty. Anyway, Negate Attack in a counter fairy deck can keep your Bountiful Artemis drawing cards :3 or use to summon Voltanis.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Without the Counter Fairies, Mirror Force >>>>> Negate Attack. Even with them, Mirror Force > Negate Attack.

lonewolfx44

Is a happy fellow ^^
    Years
    Mirror force is a bit expensive though, last I check. And mirror force does not count as a Counter Trap. Can't you only have one Mirror Force? XD my budget makes me use Magic Cylinder instead of Mirror Force. :3 It is a fun thing to win by. If I had a Mirror Force, I would use it. If I had the money, I'd use it for food. u.u simple as that.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    and that's why I am determined to only play Yugioh with the DS games =O even if they purposely miss a few cards here and there.

1000+ cards all in 40 dollars. My mirror force cost the same as Il Bud which is the same as Kuriboh. Pwnage XD;

If we take cost into account, yeah Negate Attack at 3 is a given ._.; There's hardly any useful yet cheap counter trap. Counter trap is hard to find to begin with... let alone cheap ones. (Even in a high budget deck, Negate Attack still lingers for counter fairy deck anyway though not in 3)

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    This forum is still active?

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Really, it's not a bad way to stall at all. Creature swap at 3 with this is my obvious joy in YGO game. Necessity to those dedicated NOMI. However is it splashable? Probably not, as I will prefer book of moon or enemy controller (or shrink) for some quickplay spell defense. Scapegoat stalls, but in your average deck, you maybe better off turning Dark Armed Dragon to defense mode and run over its horrid monarch-like defense next turn.

I just think that unless you can combo those tokens, it's just a stall and a short time solution in your average decks. Doesn't mean it's bad at all though.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Hmhmhm...

Allure of Darkness
    Normal Spell
    Draw two cards, then remove one DARK monster in your hand from play. If you do not remove a DARK monster in your hand from play, discard all cards in your hand.

Well, this here is officially part of the reason that Dark Armed Return is painful. Remove my Dark Magician of Chaos or Darklord Zerato and bring them back next turn (or even this one) with Escape from the Dark Dimension? And place them in an area where they can't be plundered by my opponent's Monster Reborn? Yes, pleaseandthankyou.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    *Growls* This needs limited. Now. <.< Just reading through a few of the Shohen Jump feature matches was more than enough to make me royally sick of seeing the old Allure, Destiny Draw, Premature/Reborn on Disc Commander, second allure chain of plays. (or a ridiculously extended version of that which typically involves Dark Magician of Chaos, Dimension Fusion, and additional copies of Allure and Destiny Draw) >.< Normally I'm all for cards that help out Exodia, but with the way the dark attribute is distributed this card is centralizing the metagame so much it's not even funny. It's all about either finding the best way to exploit it or counteract it. Do neither and your deck is pretty much doomed from the start. Sure, it was sort of interesting reading at first, but it's getting really boring now and it's just completely overshadowing fun cards like Beginning of the End, Gigaplant, and Grinder Golem (<3 Grinder Golem, thus far the best bet for making Inferno Tempest actually work in a deck).

And while on the subject of overshadowing, how many of the dark counterpart monsters have gotten any serious spotlight beside the ever-persistent Dark Armed Dragon? Me, I'd really prefer to see this lovely little guy make it to the TCG. But then again, OCG generally seems to be hogging the best stuff. =O

Dark Simorgh
    Winged Beast/Effect
    7 Star/Dark
    2700 Atk / 1000 Def

This card's Attribute is also treated as WIND. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by removing from play 1 DARK monster and 1 WIND monster in your Graveyard. You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by removing from play 1 DARK monster and 1 WIND monster in your hand. While you control this face-up card, your opponent cannot Set (or flip face-down) any cards.

Now, on its own this is already screwing over both Return and Escape, but imagine combining it with Anti-Spell Fragrance. No spells or traps for the opponent (since they'd have to set the spells to play them, which Simorgh won't allow) while simultaneously preventing any sneakiness from face-down monsters AND leaving you free to pull your own face-down shenanigans? I smell a powerful control deck here, and let me tell you, that fragrance is far more pleasant than Dark Armed's. :3

And while I'm ranting about it...

Anti-Spell Fragrance
    Continuous Trap

Both players must Set Spell Cards before activating them, and cannot activate them until their next turn.

With all the discussion on how to counteract Dark Armed, I'm actually surprised that no-one has mentioned this one. The backbone of that decktype is dropping down a crazy string of 'draw two' spell cards and then pulling off all kinds of recursion abuse to swarm the field, and while Fragrance is out, the crazy tempo is crippled quite bad. No, it can't stop Diamond Dude, but it sure as heck makes opening hands of Allure and Destiny Draw far less game-breaking. At the very least, I'd say that this is a card worth consideration.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Yah, but Inferno Golem has its own hated problem with Necroface at two, because that's half the combo missing. Now on the other hand, the theoretical "Volcanic Counter Grind-burn" is so amazing that I want to play it. Three Volcanic Counters in the graveyard, special summon Grinder Golem, swing for attack with token. GG. (Now that's what I call innovative).

In terms of coolness, I think that Simorgh/Anti-fragrance is definitely one of the best combos out there. Please, let me touch it! (grabs Simorgh and holds on for dear life). Ahem... anyway, I think Spell Fragrance alone has its merits. Forcing the opponent to wait a turn before their draw engine can start is definitely something I'll be exploiting. Plus, it comboes well with a theoretical Dark Lightning-centric deck build I've been kicking around lately. Set your lightning and play anti-spell, opponent tosses down their spells, activate lightning, break one spell, and discard the monster of your choice (Preferably Gren, Tactician of Dark World or one of the Wu-Lords in order to either screw with the opponent's back row even further or bolster your field presence.)

Almost forgot!

Drastic Drop Off
    Counter Trap
    Activate only when your opponent draws a card(s) (including their draw phase.) Select one card and discard it.

A lot of people seem to be touting this as the latest tool for counter fairy. Myself, I think that another possible answer is...

Appropriate
    Continuous Trap
    You can activate this card when your opponent draws outside his/her draw phase. Each time your opponent draws cards outside of his/her draw phase, draw two cards.

Well, well, well. Exodia players should definitely be considering this card as a tech against Dark Armed Dragon. My opponent may get his little draw engine, but I'm running through my deck at the same speed he is, in fact faster because I'm not playing a single card. In games before this card was ignored because we only had Destiny Draw to worry about, but now that we have our little Dark Armed Draw Engine to worry about we can happily say "hurray for Appropriate!"

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Problem is that if you just drop them off to the graveyard, there's a possibility how that's a card the opponent wants in the graveyard 1/3 of the time (but if you knocked off allure, that's a major victory XD). It's really not a bad card at all with Drastic Drop Off, and working with counter fairies is of course a given. Doesn't work against cosmo or samurai or magical explosion too well though... those decks simply don't draw that much.

Appropriate is more like a card to help you dig up your solutions against the dark draw engine and give you the speed to catch up to it, but the problem remains in what should we draw in our deck that can solve the problem?

But I do agree, appropriate is looking good now that 6/40 of a deck is a draw card =P Adding a copy as tech may not be bad if you got the room (I won't play more than 1 though.)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Pfft...Inferno Golem don't need Necroface to win. RFG the deck then go wild with D.D. Dynamite, I say! >O (you could also run something like Dimension Wall and Magic Cylinder on the side to abuse that golem, maybe Crush Card to wipe it out after Tempest too) Meh, personally I think the biggest thing holding it back is the relatively high count of cards that don't really do anything outside of their chosen combo; it hurts consistency. >.< Cyber Valley helps that a little, but yes, as it is DaD just tramples it too fast. xP

Drastic Drop Off...is basically regualr Drop Off except better, and since I loved that one I see no reason not to feel the same way about this. And yes, Counter-Trap definitely turns it into a counter-fairy toy, much like Van D'Algyon.

Also agreeing on Appropriate's techy vallue. That could be a potential solution for digging up some of those hard-to-search DaD counters, or maybe something for the Dimension Fusion/Spell Economics/Cyber Valley loop to get off better. :3

So yeah, tech, but kind of hard to build a deck on.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    well seeing how the newest SJC just made a combo deck from the depths of hell that qualifies as a potential FTK (to me at least) and definitely OTK, we're now certain that appropriate is definitely just to try to get more speed but solves nothing. Against Priestess OTK, you either stop it there or you just let that deck draw all of its 30 cards to your doom.

sigh I hate allure so bloody much ._.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    It's been a while since anything was posted here, so...

Kinkabyou
    Beast/Spirit
    1 Star/Dark
    400 Atk / 200 Def

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, select 1 Level 1 monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it. When this card leaves the field, the monster Special Summoned this way is removed from play.

Abuse your Disc Commander now Y/Y? As long as you have something to keep tributing it away for before the End Phase comes around this is an infinite draw two we're talking here. Plus, there's just got to be tons of other ways to make this thing do crazy stuff; I know it. :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back