• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your 14 year old sibling wants to have sex.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • There's nothing you can do to change their mind or convince them otherwise; so don't even bother trying.

What advice do you give to them?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Honestly, I would just tell my parents. 14 years old is way too young for people to start having sex in my opinion. I understand that the sibling wouldn't listen to me, but parents bring a foreboding atmosphere that would hopefully ultimately convince him or her otherwise. Plus, I believe this age is right before the "rebellious" age of the teenage mind, so I believe on a psychological level that the sibling would be pretty understanding of the parents.

It's tough love really, but necessary love.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Ok I didn't consider the parents angle, but the reason I put in that there's no point trying to stop them is because I didn't want stopping them to be an option. The idea of this thread is to make people look past their moral objections.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I'd tell my sister to keep her boyfriend way far away from me. If I can't get through to her, then I'll put as much fear as possible into her boyfriend.

If that didn't work then I would just tell her to use protection and if she got pregnant, I'm kicking her boyfriend's ass. Not much else you can do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think 14 year olds shouldn't be having sex, but I do recognize that there are some that do.

I wouldn't do anything. I might advise them to be safe about it if they're gonna do it, though.

I'd tell my sister to keep her boyfriend way far away from me. If I can't get through to her, then I'll put as much fear as possible into her boyfriend.

If that didn't work then I would just tell her to use protection and if she got pregnant, I'm kicking her boyfriend's ass. Not much else you can do.
    Don't you think that's a little excessive for a decision they probably made mutually, since the scenario says that they're adamant about it?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Ok I didn't consider the parents angle, but the reason I put in that there's no point trying to stop them is because I didn't want stopping them to be an option. The idea of this thread is to make people look past their moral objections.

Then the obvious answer would be to just teach them how to practice safe sex. Doing nothing would probably result in something very detrimental for a person who most likely has no idea what "sex" is except for things he or she sees in media. Teach them what protections are out there, what repercussions can occur if you accidentally get someone knocked up at such a young age, and what kind of diseases that one can attract if they don't use protection. The more the person is educated, then the less the chances are of something negative resulting from it.

And who knows, just the thought of getting an STD at such a young age might spook the sibling into not doing it. A win-win, really.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • My advice is called attempted murder o: jk but I would put fear into my little brother and have him watch the movie Teeth. I can be convincing apparently.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I think 14 year olds shouldn't be having sex, but I do recognize that there are some that do.

I wouldn't do anything. I might advise them to be safe about it if they're gonna do it, though.

Don't you think that's a little excessive for a decision they probably made mutually, since the scenario says that they're adamant about it?

I think it's a little more than a little excessive. A 21 year old beating on a 14 year old wouldn't look good at all. I didn't mean it literally.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think it's a little more than a little excessive. A 21 year old beating on a 14 year old wouldn't look good at all. I didn't mean it literally.
    I apologize. I can never tell when people are joking here anymore, because that's honestly become something I would expect someone to say.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Keep it safe, make sure it's with someone right for you.

Same advice I'd give anyone making love.

/2 + 7 rule applies with maybe a year's lenience at most imo, when you're younger.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    You have a childhood. ffs enjoy it while you can and don't waste it on stupid adult things. Also, people having sex under the age of consent is creepy imo, no exceptions.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Make sure both of you are safe and don't be selfish to your partner. I am no one to tell what age one should have sex because if a girl had offered me sex at 14, I wouldn't have hesitated to accept.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd see how much they know about using protection and stds and all that good stuff. If they're going to do it I'd want them to be safe about it and knowledgeable. Idk most of all I think you just have to be mentally ready for it and that means being mentally ready for the whole package. Not only experiencing it, but then whatever happens after it between you and that person. So that's something I would def bring up to them.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Bring a condom, and ask your lover if he/she has an STD. If you don't take my advice, you will one day regret it for the rest of your life.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Stop them. If something got into my head and I wanted to have sex at this age, I hope my brother would do something and stop me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, considering my sister just told me she is going to stay a holy virgin because she doesn't want anything up her patoot, this is unlikely. Let's move on to the other sibling...

Oh. Right. He's overly religious. Not happening.

If they did want to, honestly, I don't care. Just be safe, use your rubbers, whatever. Don't get pregnant, don't get STDs. I really don't care. lol

Back