• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your 14 year old sibling wants to have sex.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
  • I would stop them, at all costs. Inform them about STDs and the emotional consequences. If they still ignore me, tell my mom or dad. If they still don't listen, use force. If that doesn't work and I fail, I'm praying. I'll make sure the guy at least has a condom.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I apologize. I can never tell when people are joking here anymore, because that's honestly become something I would expect someone to say.

You don't need to apologize. It's more on my end, I should have worded it differently, anybody would have taken it that way.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I'd tell my Dad.

My 14 year old sibling is my sister, who is recklessly careless.
    So, if she's planning to do the jig, then my dad needs to know.

Because he'll stop it. Fourteen is underage in the UK, if it were two years later when she's legally allowed to get jiggy, then I shall just pat her back and say, don't be careless.

I'll be honest here, I rush read the title and presumed it said 'your 14 year old sibling wants to you to have sex'

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Ehh, it's not that young imo. At least it isn't cough 12 cough. Just make sure they know how to use protection, and it'll be all good. Also see if their partner's okay with it and all that, that he/she knows what they're doing, etc etc.

As long as they're safe, I'm happy.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Look, I'm 17 and still haven't "done it". It does make sense, though, for kids around 14 to be interested in sex. Just make sure they aren't trying to have sex with an adult, advise them on the dangers of STDs and inform them of proper use of protection, and it should be alright.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Look, I'm 17 and still haven't "done it". It does make sense, though, for kids around 14 to be interested in sex. Just make sure they aren't trying to have sex with an adult, advise them on the dangers of STDs and inform them of proper use of protection, and it should be alright.

You see, I don't really get this. You're 14 years old, why should you even be curious about sex? Maybe I just lived in such a narrow minded household, but those thoughts never came to my mind at such an age. I don't like the direction that our younger generation is going in if that's the case.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It's their own decision but I would make them know the potential consequences of it, but they have the right to make their own choice.

Anyway I'd just advise caution. But whatever, we're technically biologically programmed to reproduce around that age anyway, which is why we're so "horny" at those years. Our bodies don't really follow the 18yr old rule ya know. Anyone who says that a 14 year old "shouldn't even be thinking about that stuff" is, from a biological perspective, wrong.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Tell them to use condoms and get birth control. With birth control condoms aren't needed as much but you can still tell them, they're young and impressionable.

Besides for that, BEAT DOWN!! It's nice.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You see, I don't really get this. You're 14 years old, why should you even be curious about sex? Maybe I just lived in such a narrow minded household, but those thoughts never came to my mind at such an age. I don't like the direction that our younger generation is going in if that's the case.

I'm 21 and not really all that interested. It varies by person really.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I'm 15, and my brother is 12, so hopefully I'll never have to have this conversation with him, but ya never know.

If my brother was going to have sex at 14, I would try my best to convince him out of it. I think a good age to start having any kind of sexual acts is about 16 or 17. By that time, you should be mature enough to understand the consequences of unprotected sex, and the real reason we have it. But 14? That's way to low.

If he was completely convinced on it, I would tell him to make sure to use protection, and he got her pregnant, I would kick his ass and make him feel the consequences of his actions. I would make sure that he stood and acted like a man and cared for the kid. If I made that mistake, that's exactly what I would want my dad to do to me. I would make sure that his "partner" was also using some form of protection, and that she knew if she got pregnant, I would make sure they stood up to their HUGE mistake, and acted like adults.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Im-♥♥♥♥ing-possible.
    Call me a narrow minded piece of trash or an EXTREMELY overprotective brother, there's no way in hell I'm letting her go through with it. She isn't mature enough right now. I KNOW she isn't ready for this.

My sister is actually 14 right now. We're reaaaally close. So I really do understand her. I'd understand if she'd be interested in sex at this age, I was, but this definitely isn't the age for her to engage in the deed. Plus, this is India. Here most are virgins till they get married. Premarital sex is pretty much taboo. She ain't doing it anyway. Too scared of parents. :p

I'm honestly not against premarital intercourse. But I'd be okay with it only if I know she's mature enough and knows what she's doing - aware of the consequences. Which she isn't at this age.

I'd honestly tell the guy to buzz off. And my sister to stay away from him. It is okay to be friends. But this? Nope.

Actually I kinda doubt myself. I'd probably beat the guy up literally. Kyrul wasn't serious. I probably would do it. Because honestly? Recently, a guy messaged my sister asking her for info on another girl. He had the hots for another girl. Not my sister. But I still felt like punching his face. Hard. I'm probaly a horrible person, I know, but I'm just...very extreme when it comes to my sister. Is it my love for her? I'd like to think so.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Well after telling them they're an idiot

cute

I'm in no position to preach considering I lost my virginity at 15 but wowzers guys sometimes with proper education... people can make decisions... of the sexual variety... since teenagers are exploring their bodies... wow teenagers having sex and exploring life what an awful thing.

As far as it goes for me? I say safety and consent, and that if they ever need help I'm there for them. (Obviously not in like... a gross way jeez) It's not my business if my little bro/sis wants to have sex. My older sister is special needs (but she has the capabilities and will never be able to fully understand the implications of sex, which is different than say young teenagers)

I don't like the direction that our younger generation is going in if that's the case.

holy christ get over yourself

kids have always had sex this young this isn't a new thing

also laughing at "I WOULD STOP IT AT ALL COSTS" like jesus christ get a ♥♥♥♥ing life that's so sad.

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'd tell my sister to keep her boyfriend way far away from me. If I can't get through to her, then I'll put as much fear as possible into her boyfriend.

If that didn't work then I would just tell her to use protection and if she got pregnant, I'm kicking her boyfriend's ass. Not much else you can do.

It takes two to make a kid. Kick both of their asses; don't discriminate against the guy, unless there's evidence that he pressured her into sex in the first place. It'd still be partially the sister's fault, though, because fourteen is young, and if she's told such and still proceeds, then she needs to take responsibility, too.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Deal with it I am.

I've put quite a lot of thought into it actually. If your younger sibling is in a perfectly normal mental state (Where they are not impaired, have the abilities to judge whether or not they understand issues of consent and practising safe sex) and you're honestly that hell-bent on making sure they ~keep their virginity~ or protect them then it's honestly quite laughable as a concept and I will be as bloody condescending as I want because... it's pathetic. It truly is. I am sorry if you cannot see it but it ♥♥♥♥ing is on like every possible level. Of course I speak mainly on a western societal level because there was a poster who said something about India which is an interesting point to consider because that is a completely different society with other social normals and I do only have myself acquainted with western thought and so the majority of my statements apply to those sort of like-minded societies.

Kids make their own decisions whether you want them to or not. They're going to learn from mistakes if they make them and grow up as people. The only reason I would stop my sister from having sex with someone is because she is mentally impaired and will never be able to understand proper consent and the connotations of sex. This is not the case with able-minded people who will eventually at some point understand societal connotations of sex and what that leads to.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Call me a troll for not backing up my statements properly like I should, because right now I'm neither in the correct mental state to answer properly nor do I possess the time to write a proper post, but I think that's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Some other time, maybe.

I'm the guy from India, btw.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • they can do what they want really. my sex drive kicked in last year when I was 14. I guess I didn't go around ♥♥♥♥ing everyone though.

as a 15 year old, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on what's stupid and what's not. so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to have sex. heh.

Years
  • @Moogles - Ignoring the fact you're being condescending and confrontational.

A key factor of this post is that we can't stop them, Nun pointed that out. I'm no saying we can stop younger people from having sex, I'm not even saying we definitely should. I'm saying that I personally believe that having sex at such a young age is a bad idea. Evidently my views are not the same as yours.

As for whether or not people at that age possess the judgement for that sort of thing, most people at that age think more with hormones than with logic. If the opportunity for sex is there they'll take it without actually considering the consequences of their actions. I would hardly call that good judgement.

Back