• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Favorite Pokémon

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Togekiss is great, at least in my eyes, due to all the reasons I've stated in my opening post. Alongside it, however, there are plenty of others that I like!

Off top of my head, one would likely have to be Garchomp. Its appearance seem very confident, so to speak, which seems to suit the Pokémon quite well, especially since it's a combination of shark and dragon, bother of which are portrayed as intimidating-looking creatures in media and whatnot. It has some very nice stats, too, especially in terms of offense. To put icing on the cake, it has access to some amazing moves in its arsenal, such as Swords Dance, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and so forth; all-in-all, it could make a great member for almost any team competitively.

Another is Lucario. It might be slightly overrated due to its exposure in anime, but it's got an amazing appearance overall, if you ask me. Not only this, but similarly to above, it has nice stats and moves as well, making it a decent Pokémon to utilize when it comes battling.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Favourites:
Garchomp
Infernape
Torterra
Empoleon
Luxray
Froslass
Roserade
Vespiquen
Honchkrow
Bronzong
Drapion
Abomasnow
Magmortar
Dusknoir

Years
Empoleon, Glaceon, and Palkia were really the only Pokémon who I really liked.

My party was mainly made up of older Pokémon such as Raichu.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
I really like Spiritomb, Glaceon, and Frostlass. Also the evolutions of Tangela and Electabuzz very were cool to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 14, 2015
Tododile it was my first pokemon and I've always been adamant about water type pokemons :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
I loved Turtwig from the beginning, definitely. Not to mention Buneary, starts out cute and turns into an elegant badass fighting machine. Alakazam too, absolutely loved evolving my Abra into that awesome beast. I loved my Machamp too, I had a female one. Don't even get me started on Gengar, my babe. Glameow and Purugly were always pretty great in my eyes too. Medicham was my princess/prince. I loved both Meditite and Medicham. Girafarig was also great. In terms of Legendaries? Giratina and Mesprit. It's always hard to pick favourites though >~<

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
My top 3 have to be Infernape, Lucario, and Gallade. Those three were on my original team in Diamond, and just those three were almost invincible. Lucario had a special attack moveset on it, while the other two were all physical. Those were the days, I would gladly raise a team with those three on it again one day.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Despite a lot of people hating this gen and region, a lot of my favourite pokemon came out of it:
*most of these including their evolutions
  • (All 3 starters)
  • Luxray
  • Cranidos
  • Sheildon
  • Buizel
  • Driftloom
  • Garchomp
  • Riolu
  • Weavile
  • Gliscor
  • Rotom
  • Electivire
  • Magmortar
  • Gallade
  • Lake Trio
  • Dialga
  • Giratina

I probably missed liked loads, but oh well, this is one of my favourite generations.

Nakala Pri

- Chimchar
- Piplup
- Ambipom
- Buizel
- Budew
- Bidoof
- Chingling
- Combee
- Driftloon
- Drapion
- Electivire
- Floatzel
- Froslass
- Grotle
- Glameow
- Hippopotas
- Kricketot
- Lopunny
- Mismagius
- Munchlax
- Riolu
- Pachirisu
- Purugly
- Staravia
- Weavile

My complete alphabetical order of my favourite 4th gen Pokemon! =D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 22, 2016
I really love all of the Pokemon in D/P/P. Platinum was my first Pokemon game I ever owned. I really got attached to Staraptor, Shinx, and I also really liked Garchomp. I think that the designs were really awesome in these games. I actually used the legendaries allot in these games. I really liked Dialga's design, and shaymin was just so adorable :3. And Darkrai is probably one of my top favorite legendaries.

But my top favorite D/P/P Pokemon ever will have to be... Lucario! I think Lucario is one of the coolest Pokemon out there ^.^
I also think Riolu is the cutest little thing ever! ^.^ If i were a pokemon I would defiantly be Riolu or Lucario :3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Out of the Gen IV Pokémons

In no particular order:

- Turtwig
- Grotle
- Torterra
- Chimchar
- Monferno
- Infernape
- Piplup
- Prinplup
- Empoleon
- Starly
- Staravia
- Staraptor
- Bidoof
- Bibarel
- Shinx
- Luxio
- Luxray
- Pacharisu
- Buizel
- Floatzel
- Riolu
- Lucario
- Weavile
- Togekiss
- Glaceon
- Uxie
- Mesprit
- Azelf
- Giratina
- Heatran
- Manaphy
- Darkrai
- Shaymin
- Arceus

okkk,, you get the point.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
gen 4 has some of the cutest pokémon imo.

here's my top 5:

468.png
togekiss
471.png
glaceon
417.png
pachirisu
429.png
mismagius
488.png
cresselia

Years
First off im platinum baby and my favorite starter has to be Torterra he always seemed so cool to me with his turtle shell bonzai tree thing lol

Another is Giratina, as soon as I saw the title screen I said I want that its so cool and edgy an BA. Also I know some people dont like its shiny, but to me thats one of my fav shinys

Another is Luxray I caught shinx cause it looked cool-ish and when it became Luxray it was the best, also dat shiny sprite do

Last edited:

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My favorites are Staraptor, Roserade, Lopunny, Dusknoir, Gastrodon annndd possibly more, but I can't remember very many. ;w;

I like all of these mainly for their aesthetics and their practicality in battle.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Oh man, glaceon :)

Glaceon could even fall under my list of top 5 from all 6 regions. It's truly the best eeveelution in my opinion. No, most definitely not stats wise (well, decent) but looks, yes.

Back