• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Favorite Pokémon

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
- Honchkrow
- Garchomp
- Rampardos
- Leafeon
- Drifblim
- Spiritomb
- Shaymin
- Togekiss
- Skuntank
- Roserade

I've liked all of their designs a lot for one reason or another, and/or used them on some of my very first playthroughs of Diamond when I was 10 or so. I still use a few even in X/Y + ORAS ever since PokeBank.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
rotom.png

Rotom is bae. Definitely my favourite fourth generation Pokemon. Why?
Well, "motoR". Electric/Ghost typing. The ability to change into appliances, that change both its type and give it a new move. Also, its designs for each of the forms isn't so bad. I find Rotom-Wash really cute for some reason, while Rotom-Mow's kind of scary.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Gliscor. Only because it's the evolution of Gligar. Torterra is cool too I guess.
But Gliscor is my bruh
Spoiler:

The.Lethal.Cherrim

Vampire Cherrim
Years
CHERRIM
Cherrim is my most favorite Pokemon ever.
She is so cute. :D
But ok
Other Sinnoh favorites
-Lopunny
-Weavile
-Roserade
-Infernape

(Gen 4 is also my favorite Generation btw)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2018
For me it has to be Uxie. Ever since I saw it, it reminded me of some sort of zen monkey spirit or something. And I love monkeys. That and it has a cool cry.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Togekiss! I have other favorites from Sinnoh but ughh I love Togekiss so much. Ever since I used it on my team I just adore it to bits and find it absolutely adorable. ♥

Sirfetch’d

I love Roserade and Yanmega the most I think! Azelf is up there as well haha. So many to choose from D: I just have very fond experiences with the first two so it is definitely between them c:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I like Togekiss because it's so adorable, and it's good in battle as well, it's giving me another reason to like Togepi lines. Besides, I also like Shaymin, which is a cute little Pokémon that is having a strong move called Seed Flare. Having the title of "Gratitude Pokémon" make me like it even further.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Garchomp is by far my most favourite in sinnoh than any other pokemon though Luxray was also cool and Floatzel was a bit handy to use.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Froslass is my favorite Sinnoh Pokémon and the primary contributor to my choosing Ice as my favorite type. I also enjoy Weavile (though I like Sneasel a bit more), Shiny Glaceon, Leafeon, Gallade, and Shiny Mothim (my favorite Shiny visually).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Infernape:
I always liked the flaming monkey even before I knew that it was the starter that outclassed the other starters by a landslide.

Roserade:
Roselia's evolved form. Probably another of my favorites because of its potential, especially in this generation.

Garchomp:
The land shark has been a favorite of mine ever since i first laid eyes upon it. I thought it would be this gen's "super-badass beast" and it really was, and it still is.

Staraptor:
Its this gen and region's com-mon bird creature and while its not as majestic looking thing as Pidgeot or as graceful-looking as Swellow, but it has the movepool and abilities to be a very useful bird, and it has a better movepool than both Pidgeot and Swellow. Its strong, and it even has Intimidate, and in the future gens, it would get a new tool in the form of Reckless to power up Brave Bird and Double Edge, both STAB Moves. Not to mention that there's Roost to heal that lost health through the Recoil and Life Orb HP loss.

Drapion:
Not only i find it one of the cooler looking insecticoid pokemon in the series, it also has a rather fantastic typing of Dark/Poison. Being a dark type, its immune to the Poison type's most common weakness in Psychic and its Poison type also offers its Dark typing the necessary nullification of the typical fighting type weakness. Also, the type in the current generation is still pretty badass with its poison typing making sure that it isn't dent by the Fairy type as well.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Lucario! I don't really know why, I just always found it so COOL! 8D It's definitely my second favorite Pokemon of all time. <3

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Definitely Darkrai. I loved the mystery surrounding it when I first heard about it, and then I saw the movie... Ah.
Darkrai is just such a badass, it's unbelievable.

Years
~ Mismagius
~ Honchkrow
~ Drifloon & Drifblim
~ Budew & Roserade
~ Pachirisu
~ Combee & Vespiquen
~ Buneary & Lopunny
~ Glameow & Purugly
~ Mime Jr.
~ Togekiss (It saved the Togepi-line for me ^^)
~ Leafeon & Glaceon
~ Froslass

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
250px-Dawn_Pachirisu.png

Did anyone not see that coming? It's a squirrel, its adorable, it's fun, it's unique, it's even more adorable, it's cute, it's even MORE adorable, it has a good typing, it has a fun moveset, and it's still adorable. It's my overall favourite Pokémon and it's one of the reasons I absolutely adore Gen 4 - some of my other favourites were also introduced such as Buisel, Bronzong and Drifloon, but Pachirisu is definitely my #1. Every detail about that Pokémon is so perfect for my tastes.

KirbyRobot

Hey look, it's Robotic Kirby!
Years
Luxray. Luxray has been my favorite, ever since my first playthrough. I guess, it's because it was the first pokemon I ever evolved all the way. I remember the evolution like it was yesterday. <3 Besides, Luxray is a freakin' electric lion! An Electric Lion! Some of the most dangerous things to humanity! Luxray. Is. Amazing.

Years
Leafeon and Glaceon take the role as being my most favorite Pokemon from Sinnoh. Since I love Eeveelutions and those two are in my top 10 and they have some interesting moves.

Back