• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
i don't know how to see the difference betwwen a normal pokemon and a shiny one..
So,that means that i have never caught one...i am talking for all pokemon games..

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Jeez it seems like everyone except me has caught a shiny in this game.

I've had reasonable luck with shinies in the past, I've caught about three. Although I didn't encounter any during the 5th gen.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I never really noticed that much because it's previous form wasn't really that different.

Spoiler:

I don't really call this luck anymore. I haven't encountered a shiny since Pokémon Silver.
I think they've made it a lot easier.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
Wow so many shinies, I have only seen 3 shinies in 13 years of playing Pokemon which was a Tentacool in Emerald and an Exeggcute and a Phanpy in FireRed. Hopefully I manage to snag something cool in my X version :)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Found myself a rather charming blue Trapinch a few hours ago. Suffice it to say, she instantly became a member of my team. She's only a level off of evolving into a Vibrava now!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Man I am so jealous! That's ridiculous.
I've been doing constant horde battles (and hatching eggs using Masuda Method as well) forever. Hopefully it's my time soon D: Especially if they raised the chances!

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2021
I found a shiny hoppip in a horde lol then a shiny abra that i use in my team. I think the ratio for shinies is higher.

bn11

Poached egg
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
I've only had one shiny that was hitmonlee in 2nd gen. I was too young to really appreciate, though, 'cause i didn't know what a shiny was so I was like "huh, that's weird".

:(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
So I found this shiny Goomy that's very cute on road 14.

I can't find my ****ing cam recorder and my cellphone won't upload the pic on my computer, but I will ask a friend to do it with theirs tomorrow.

(Wait, I can't even post a link ? This is stupid >:[ )

Hopefully I'm the first to ever find it :]

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
i can never work out if my pokemon are shiney havent played i 3 years so no idea what color they should be is there another way to tell if they shiony other than color

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I just found a shiny Mawile in the friend Safari and nearly didn't realise! xD Here he is. :) Gonna try and get pics of Mega Mawile soon once I get the stone.

Spoiler:

I just found another. xD Shiny Espurr. :O

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Wow Lucky is right.
Nice job! {D:}

Haha, there's a bit of a double meaning there. :p I have a male Siamese kitten called Lucky and yeah, was how I was feeling at the time. xD

Also, a bit of advice: either I'm somehow getting very lucky or 1) They've lowered the rate in general or 2) The Friend Safari gives an increased chance to find shiny Pokemon. I'm quite inclined to believe the latter tbh since I've found both of them in there so far. :)

Years
wow, I think I have to agree with Retribution since I just caught a shiny espurr in the friend safari as well which is where I caught the Pumpkaboo before and two shinys in two days seems very unlikely without increased odds.

Spoiler:

it's female and has it's Hidden Ability as well which is especially good.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
I caught a shiny Pidgey, My first ever random shiny encounter, i'm sure the chances of finding a shiny has changed

Back