• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

doraemonz

Beyond 9 ~*
Years
I was surprised when this guy hatched out of the egg

do82.jpg

Also tried running around all the friend farms but ive yet to find a shiny there D:

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
Somehow, I ended up finding a shiny Roggenrola while just progressing through the game... Crap nature though :c Only once before has this happened to me, and that was the first time playing Pokemon 10 years ago.
Spoiler:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
It feels like I have freaking awful luck. Beat the game, been to Friend Safari a lot, but still no shinies...I haven't even seen one yet in XY!
Does anybody know if the Masuda Method still works?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I caught a Shiny WIngull from Hordes. {XD}

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
my brother got another shiny,an Electabuzz in FS. He's got one in his career since Firered and hes got two now since the 15th, itll soon be a cool Electivire.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
Can you post a pic man i wanna see that electabuzzy

yeah I will give me one sec to take the pic, its has a pinkish tint

Edit:
Photo0171_zpsaf2f0957.jpg

Here it is

Edit:
He just caught a Pupitar shiny as well,making it 3 shiny Pokemon already

Pupitar_zps83214c0c.jpg

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Found a Shiny Druddigon my first time on Victory Road a few moments ago. Was afraid to attack it so had to catch it at full health. Dusk Ball wins again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
Nothing so far, only legit shiny I have ever encountered was a shiny magikarp in HeartGold which I was kinda annoyed about, seeing as you get the shiny gyarados later anyway. This changed straight away when I found it had pokerus.

This was just after the first gym and it was the only time I used the old rod. The odds of this happening where so slim and probably not believable but I was overjoyed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I got a shiny delibird, bad iv and nature though. ;p

I dunno if it makes a difference he appeared when I used encounter o-power

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No shinies in X yet! I've found a shiny in the wild in every generation but II, so my shiny luck isn't terrible, so I'm sure I'll find one eventually. :) My friend already found a shiny Roggenrola in a hoard haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
OMG! Found my first shiny EVER!
Was a Meditite (found in Friend Safari of course lol.)

Sadly it's ability is Telepathy.. and a Medicham without Pure Power is completely useless. On the upside I guess it will get the Pure Power ability as MegaMedicham!

EDIT: And here is Shiny MegaMedicham! LOOKS EPIC

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • She/Her, It/Its
  • Online now
So I was hunting for helix and dome fossils in Glittering Cave and I found every fossil there is, but those two. But I also found a shiny Dwebble, which is my first shiny since Pokemon Gold (which is like 13 years ago when I last cought one xD)

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I decided that I have to hunt for shinies if I have to get them...so I chose to hunt for shiny Hawlucha! His shiny is beautiful!
So, I went ahead and found a flying-type safari with Hawlucha and began my hunt...
And...
Then...
SHINY!
But it was a Pidgey. I'm so happy I saw the last bit of the sparkle animation, because honestly, I can't tell the difference between shiny and normal pidgey in xy. It wasn't what I wanted, but it was a shiny, so I went ahead and caught it. I have since resumed my hunt for the shiny Hawlucha!

ace557

Master Of Light
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
So, I was just soft resetting trying to get a Female Fennekin for my starter, and well... This happened:

ShinyFennekin_zps84216113.jpg

Back