• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2018
    I JUST found a female shiny Gulpin. My first ever catch, other then the Shiny Rattata I found and KO'd by accident in the sewers of Castelia City in Black 2. Dx

EDIT: I hatched a shiny male Eevee (05/30th/2014) using the Masuda Method.

And no I'm not trading either of them for anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2020
    I once got a shiny Relicanth in a Wonder Trade. I currently own a shiny Furfrou. =)

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
    Years
  • Non-Chain fished would be a Growlithe I encountered in Friend Safari while trying to look for a shiny Braxien and an Axew I found while EV Training with hordes. Chain fished would be Relicanth, Clauncher, Magikarp, and Poliwhirl.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Today it finally happened, I just hatched a Shiny Bulbasaur on my 450th egg! ^_^ I am really pleased with the Shinies I got since I obtained the Shiny Charm:
    - Amaura 7 eggs
    - Eevee 28 eggs
    - Charmander 532 eggs
    - Squirtle 8 eggs
    - Bulbasaur 450 eggs

It's going crazy over here, got over 60 legitimately earned shinies in my game now with only just 5 out of them obtained since I got the Shiny Charm (all MM)! ^_^

I will do a Masuda Method 'quest' soon to hatch a Shiny Pichu :3 But I might take a short break now from breeding, will try to hunt some shinies in the wild maybe .. will keep you guys updated!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2018
    Non-Chain fished would be a Growlithe I encountered in Friend Safari while trying to look for a shiny Braxien and an Axew I found while EV Training with hordes. Chain fished would be Relicanth, Clauncher, Magikarp, and Poliwhirl.

I've tried chain fishing but I stink at it. I only get like two or three hooks before I break it. It might be because I don't have a Pokémon with the Suction Cups ability. My Inkay has Contrary and I don't feel like fishing for a Remoraid only to learn that it has Sniper instead. Dx

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I've tried chain fishing but I stink at it. I only get like two or three hooks before I break it. It might be because I don't have a Pokémon with the Suction Cups ability. My Inkay has Contrary and I don't feel like fishing for a Remoraid only to learn that it has Sniper instead. Dx
    Fish for an Octillery instead. I think you use the Good Rod for that.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • So far, when I was in a safari, my first encounter was a Druddigon - I unfortunately didn't look at its IVs, but its coloring was nice. :) Unfortunately I traded it, but I wouldn't have used it on a team anyway. XD

However, I have caught a shiny poliwhirl (now a shiny politoed). Rather unfortunately, its nature was Docile and its IVs were none too good. :/

Although I NOW own a shiny gengar with perfect IVs. >:3 Its quite awesome, love its shiny mega form, however I can't claim to have gotten it myself, I actually got it from Elements1 (thanks again! :3).

So far, I've been rather unlucky, but I think I might set out to complete my pokedex so I can obtain the shiny charm. :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ran into a shiny Geodude when horde battling today. Worst feeling ever, because half of them are Sturdy, and the other half either kill each other with Magnitude or Self-Destruct. Needless to say, it fainted. ):

Years
  • Ran into a shiny Geodude when horde battling today. Worst feeling ever, because half of them are Sturdy, and the other half either kill each other with Magnitude or Self-Destruct. Needless to say, it fainted. ):

That happened to me back in January in the middle of a Monotype while I was on Route 18. Not the kind of thing you want happening to you. :(

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I!! HAVE ENCOUNTERED MY FIRST SHINY THIS GEN!!! (3rd so far)...

I GOT THAT EEVEE!! got it while doing the chain in the grass! took me long enough, after over 170 hours! Going to make that a shiny Umbreon!!!

Going on a shiny spree this week!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My friend gave me her shiny Aerodactyl today, and I'm extremely happy. <3 Can't wait to see how its mega-form while being shiny.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Well, before I lost my games in November, I had a shiny Spritzee a friend traded for me, a shiny Tangela I found in the Friend Safari, and I had just found a shiny Gible (I will forever curse shiny Gible for as long as I live!). More recently I managed to find a shiny Nidoran F in the middle of a horde of Male Nidoran which was extremely lucky but very frustrating since I wanted the latter lol.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    so... yesterday, while on a bus heading home, I was boringly trying to do chain fishing, since I have never-ever seen/caught a shiny that way.

after seven wild encounters, i finally found my first ever chain-fishy shiny!
    a lv25 shiny Clauncher! <3 it looked so red I thought it was a shrimp!

...unfortu-freaking-nately, i was NOT carrying any PKMN for catching purposes, except for my lead lv37 Malamar. I used pluck, since it was its only physical move, and being a shelled-creature, Clauncher would have a high physical defense.

BOOM! critical hit. shiny dead. x,X
    i wanted to scream right there and then, but...grr...

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • ...unfortu-freaking-nately, i was NOT carrying any PKMN for catching purposes, except for my lead lv37 Malamar. I used pluck, since it was its only physical move, and being a shelled-creature, Clauncher would have a high physical defense.

BOOM! critical hit. shiny dead. x,X
    i wanted to scream right there and then, but...grr...
    You don't pack any Quick Ball(s)?

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
  • Some people have a ton of shinys! I spent a while shiny hunting before finishing the story haha, so I am at over 60 hours and haven't collected all my badges, oops.

I've chain fished a few shinys, and breed a couple... but my prize possession is a shiny Fennekin that was given to me :)

Back