• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • Shiny pokemons hate me, I playing pokemon for years and all this time counter only three shiny pokemons(zubat, Golbat and swoobat, lucky me...). I hoped that in pokemon Y my luck will chancge, but for I have played the game for 45 hours and didn't counter even one shiny pokemon...

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Just caught a Shiny Poliwhirl and Alomomola via Chain Fishing :D

Now it's a Shiny Poliwrath :D

P.S : Chained upto 61 times for Poliwhirl ~

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I caught my very first shiny EVER. I had never even seen a shiny before i had a Fraxture show up out of no where. After that i started doing some research and found the Masuda Method. I gave it a try with my Charizard and a ditto and 8 eggs later i had myself a shiny Charmander. :3 best part is this all happened within a few hours so i was having a really lucky day.

Last edited:

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I just got my Pokémon Y copy yesterday, I haven't even reached the second gym and already got a Shiny encounter, never happened before so early in the game.

Spoiler:

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    got a shiny sneasel off gts..kid wanted a Aegislash :/
    got a shiny oddish through a tade
    ran into shiny skarmory in friend safari
    chained fish shiny clawitizer

so four shinies so far..not bad.

-Slick-

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    So I have been encountering shinies on a daily basis now. Here are the 2 most recent shinies I caught
    Shiny Braixen
    Spoiler:

Shiny Charmeleon
    Spoiler:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Nice guys! So far, I haven't had that much luck myself in my Pokemon X game... yet ;) But my boyfriend got a shiny (Jap) Weedle in Wonder Trade! I saw this as I was sitting next to him, and he wanted to trade it away but I was like, NOOO it's shiny xD So he immediately turned off his 3DS and still had his shiny Weedle :3

When I have the time I will go shiny hunting again! ^_^ I already have a Jap Ditto so looking forward going along with the Masuda method also ^_^;)

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • My second shiny EVER (first being Emerald while having played EVERY game except 4th gen) was a shiny Electabuzz yesterday. Just now got a shiny Pansear while searching for a shiny Charmeleon.

I love this gen, guys. I really do.

Years
  • Evolved my Eevee! :D I was expecting it to be lighter like the sprites but eh, I love him regardless. <3

Spoiler:

I'm starting to realise how dirty my 3DS is... xD

You chose shiny Espeon? D:

To each his own but I really dislike the green

I think I prefer practically any other shiny Eeveelution, except maybe Jolteon

You all are too lucky. >_>

I think the odds are higher though, as my friend bred a shiny Noibat after only about 50-60 eggs, and I doubt he'd just be that lucky with the normal odds

I can't wait to abuse the friend safari since it seems that's where lots of shinies are coming in. But in the worst case I can always just be happy in December when I can trade up my shiny Charizard. :3

Years
  • Shiny pokemons hate me, I playing pokemon for years and all this time counter only three shiny pokemons(zubat, Golbat and swoobat, lucky me...). I hoped that in pokemon Y my luck will chancge, but for I have played the game for 45 hours and didn't counter even one shiny pokemon...

That's three more than some of us (me) have seen buddy.

I'm trying just about every method at the moment, but still no luck. I've played every gen, most of them many times, and it's about time I got one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2016
    Just bred a shiny Spheal! (99 eggs)
    Now I'm going to try for a Goomy

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I just got my Pokémon Y copy yesterday, I haven't even reached the second gym and already got a Shiny encounter, never happened before so early in the game.

Spoiler:

Can someone point out a difference for me? o_O It just looks like a normal, white-flower, Flabébé.

Still no shinies. ;-;

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Can someone point out a difference for me? o_O It just looks like a normal, white-flower, Flabébé.

Still no shinies. ;-;

The flower color doesn't matter. The under body part is blue instead of light greenish. It's hard to see, yeah. And the eyes are royal blue instead of basic black.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    My first gen VI shiny was a Shelmet that I promptly evolved into Accelgor...but my lack of knowledge with the GTS I accidently traded it for a spanish Gengar -.-

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I just got a shiny clauncher, named him Red Lobster.

Back