• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • Well in X I finally got my first shiny in all my 13 years of playing!
    And my second!
    My first was a mienfoo in Safari, which made me happy because I think it's adorable.
    And my second, I was searching for a shiny mareep in horde battles, and found a shiny wingull instead after 5 or so hours in total, which was a bit of a let down, but am just happy to finally have shinies. I am still going to hunt for my shiny mareep, because I love that family of pokemon. I don't have pictures. :<

Years
  • I was hunting around in the friend safari for pikachu with lightning rod and good iv's when this one turned up:

Spoiler:

I spent ages in one of the previous game trying to hatch a shiny pichu with no luck so I was pretty happy to see it and actually manage to catch it (I was worried since my first pokeball didn't manage to catch it and I only had one pokemon left which was way to strong to attack with and I'd forgotten had the rocky helmet item so I was worried I would knock it out before I caught it...)
    going to evolve her into a raichu(my original end goal with the shiny pichu hunt)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    ^ That is simple amazing. Can't really say how many eggs i hatched looking for a pichu =/

@OnTopic: Got a shiny skiddo after the flabebe. Last shiny of the weekend, and week, since i don't play my ds on the week...

5 shinies in 2 days isn't that bad =]

Years
  • Well scratch my previous post an hour ago, went through tons more horde battles and finally got my pink, fluffy mareep! Made me so happy to finally see it, but I don't want to run into another mareep horde for a while. {XD}
    So awesome to finally see it, I give props to those who search for months. I've never had a legitimate shiny, and here I am, having 3 shinies and haven't even had the game a month. Makes me so happy, but a little bit bummed since they don't seem quite as rare. Still looking forward to my first single random encounter shiny, that isn't in the safari or a horde, though.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • Goes to friend safari to see what Pokemon he can find while looking at a shiny dex to see what shiny Pokemon he wants...third encounter...shiny female Charmeleon. I had a mini heart attack.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Found a Shiny! I used Sweet Scent to find some hordes while hanging around Route 14 (quick experience training) and noticed the fourth in a group of Bellsprout looking a little different from the others.

Now, it's notable how useless Bellsprout can be on its own. However, let me tell you something. If you don't have or use the moves that nail a group all at once (like I had to avoid using Bulldoze), those things can easily take down a Lv.100 Rhydon (mine was Lv.42). I was dealing with Poison Powder and Wrap taking out 36 HP at a minimum every single turn and had to quickly kill four, and was still hitting 36 damage per turn. I couldn't break up the Poison because I would get sprinkled again with that or falling asleep (and still Wrap to boot), and I couldn't attack the Shiny as Rhydon doesn't know False Swipe, and I didn't have another user with me (even if I did, it was impossible to switch because they took turns using Wrap).

After three heals and running out of basic PokéBalls, I finally let Rhydon faint. I found my lowest-level Pokémon on hand, a Lv.24 Poliwag that I just happened to catch earlier this evening directly northwest of my location on Route 14. I then discovered Hypnosis in its moves. That was enough for me.

Poliwag goes out. Immediately I get Wrapped again. Two Hypnosis attacks miss and I take Wrap damage. Bellsprout (Shiny one only by now) uses Sleep Powder. Thank goodness we can grow Berries again; a Chesto Berry was deployed. Immediately I'm put to sleep a second time with more Wrap damage (now 39/60). Another Chesto Berry was used, and Poison Powder was the response. HP dropped and I knew I didn't have much time to make Hypnosis work.

Thankfully, this time, Hypnosis connected and I chucked another Great Ball. Critical Capture. Shiny Bellsprout get!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    I got a shiny mawile. :D She was so cute and lovely... But not for me so I traded it away for a slowking. I love myself a slowking. <3

I am trying to farm a shiny metang atm but damn they are hard to find. :( I was at it for hours yesterday but no dice.

Pr3

Years
  • I got a shiny mawile. :D She was so cute and lovely... But not for me so I traded it away for a slowking. I love myself a slowking. <3

I am trying to farm a shiny metang atm but damn they are hard to find. :( I was at it for hours yesterday but no dice.

What! I'm currently hatching for a mawile :(. Hope the slowking was shiny at least.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I've got some more shinies over the weekend; first I tried to hatch a shiny Torchic with my Japanese Ditto and event Blaziken (wanted one for years since R/S/E came out, never had the patience :3). After 38 eggs --> gasp! Shiny Torchic :D (now Blaziken).

Also tried out the Friend Safari next (with the easy-get-shiny-theory in friend safaris) and caught a Shiny Pansear (now Simisear) within 30 mins and then in another Safari a Shiny Barbaracle :D (didn't took me that long).

I am currently breeding for a Shiny Fennekin and doing more Friend Safari searches in the meantime :) Will update ;) btw, my friends from my friend safari's i got my shinies in weren't online at the time, so I don't think having a friend online or not takes effect on encountering a shiny :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    I caught my first shiny today, a shiny relicanth using the chain fishing method, it took a chain of 51 and only about 30 mins or so.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • i ran into a shiny pumpkaboo in the friend safari, and was like dafuq, i cant hatch a shiny bagon but i run into a pumpkaboo haha, still excited for it though it's ability is frisk and has a rash nature!

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • i have never caught or seen a shiny in game until i got wondertraded a shiny japanese ditto, which was insane. that's also really nice because now i can use that ditto to help me breed more shinies =w=

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • just got a Eevee in FS last night after a few days of searching and going through a shiny Audino Aipom and 2 Mincinnos he went straight to Umbreon and is now known as Bluemoon

Years
  • I just hatched a shiny Noibat!!!!!!! I used the Masuda Method and it took me only 19 Eggs! I got super lucky on this one, I screamed so loud when I saw it!!!! I am so happy!!!

Here it is

Spoiler:

Pr3

Years
  • Shiny Noibat looks pretty cool. Gz! Everyones having luck with the masuda method.. i've tried like 5 different pokemon each 200 eggs+ nothing :(, yet people get theirs within the first 50 bah! :P

Back