• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • I caught two shinies today, I'm so happy!

A Pancham and a lovely modest Noibat. ♥ (I was searching for a Sliggoo but Noibat is cool too)

I found that when I spend a lot of time in only one safari, it takes me forever to find a shiny... But when I go to a safari for a while and then try another one, bam, five minutes later, shiny! (That happened to me twice today anyway)

Not the ones I was looking for but great shinies nonetheless. :)

It might be a coincidence but it seems to work well for me so I will continue doing this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Yeah, but it really hurts to the people that have spent a lot of time with the intention of getting shinies. I had to hatch almost 4000 eggs for one shiny; and I've never encountered a completely random shiny in the wild either. x3
    I know the feeling, guys. My last shiny (and only one, i think) was the Red Gyarados. Evee (love your name), any method to a shiny takes parience, though some more than others
    I think my preferred method is the masuda method, because unlike encountering them in the wild, whether through chain fishing or poke' radar, or hoard battles, you have more control over with shiny pokemon you get, through breeding.

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
    Years
  • I've actually managed to get a completely unintentional shiny two days in a row now.

Yesterday, while I was EV training a Growlithe, I came across a shiny Foongus in a horde
    Spoiler:

And today while I was breeding for a flawless(or somewhat flawless) Sableye, I looked down and this is what I saw...
    Spoiler:

These two were actually my 2nd and 3rd shiny Pokemon this gen but the first was a Relicanth I got from chain fishing and no one cares about that(I don't anyway).

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I've gotten a shiny Seaking from chain fishing.
    Edit: Just chain fished and got a shiny Gyarados!!! It looks sick as a mega!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've encountered a shiny Litleo today while roaming Route 22, and caught it immediately. (: This Pokémon's got Modest nature, which is good since it boosts its Special Attack stat. It has a lot of special-based moves in its arsenal, so the more Sp. Attack it has, the better advantage it can take of them. Also, its ability is Rivalry, so whenever it goes up against a Pokémon of the same gender, its offenses get increased by twenty-five percent. How great is that? I ran into another of these shiny Litleo at the beginning of the game, but couldn't capture it, though, as I made it faint accidentally. I wanted to weaken it before throwing any Poké Balls toward it, but the attack turned into a critical hit. I was quite unlucky. d:

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • I got a Shiny Skrelp and Shiny seaking while chain fishing.,
    A shiny Skiddo using the Poke Radar method,
    And ran into a shiny slowpoke randomly.

I've never gotten a Masuda Method shiny ever. not even in the other games.

Instantly evolved my Shiny Skiddo.
    Gogoats are awesome! :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Just got my first Shiny Friend Safari Pokemon~

Been in the Safari for about 5 days, not total in play time, just saved in there and never left.

Shiny Gogoat get~

3-4/31/0/23-25/28/31
    Serious

She's not great, but I love her anyway~

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    with the emergence of the instacheck hotspot i now have many shinies lol :p

sad though that having a shiny is not a trophy anymore but just some random pokemon display.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • I have so far caught 2 shiny clawitzer, a relicanth, a horsea, an eevee I evolved into Espeon. I also have a shiny chandalure that i found in the friend safari.

Back