• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • 852 eggs, still no shiny Froakie. GAHHHHH!!

Felt like giving up but other side of me tells me that I might be under the next 100 eggs before I get one, so don't give up.

Well the probability is 1/4096, so you should expect to get one out of every 4096 hatchings :P Unless you're doing the Masuda method, in which case you definitely should have gotten one by now =/

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    :C Hatched another 5iv vulpix........ Flash Fire agian. 397 eggs in on the 2nd shiny(87 from the last shiny).
    My hatching continues.... till i get that 5iv or 6iv shiny Drought Vulpix >:C I will have it lol

Years
  • People hatching 5IV shinies and such... Oh well, after I got my Female Drought Vulpix...

Spoiler:

Sandslash - Bloodshot, Adamant nature, Sand Veil, trained in Atk and Def
    Ponyta - Jolly, Flash Fire, a gift.
    Eevee - Docile, Run Away
    Spheal - Modest, Thick Fat, a gift.

Years
  • Did it not sparkle when it was in the horde encounter? I thought it was just me. I almost KO'ed my Floatzel because of that (shiny Floatzel unfortunately doesn't particularly stand out much as a shiny, it's just paler).

it did sparkle, i was just confused which one of the five the psyduck was shiny, since the 2 on both sides looked like one was ahead of the other, I thought i was hitting the one that stood out front but it hit the one in back, and there went my shiny psyduck. Now i know that the one most left, no matter where it stands is the one on the bottom left, had to find out the hard way

Oh yeah, and I did go fishing for shinies and got 2 shiny poliwhirls, was actually hunting for shiny barboach since he looks like gold, but 2 shinies is better than none

Last edited:

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • I haven't found a shiny since I started playing Pokemon in 2005, but I expect to find one thanks to the increased chances and wonder trade. However I refuse to try to increase my chances with things like the Medusa method.

Years
  • I got a shiny Relicanth (named it Heavy Rain bcuz wynaut) from chain fishing, and I got two shiny Luvdiscs (Kitty and Sotoko) from masuda breeding. Don't ask why I was masuda-ing Luvdiscs. Found a shiny Litwick just by random, I named it Allure. My latest shiny was a Stunky I got from the Sweet Scent/Honey method. I think it was about 500 encounters in. I actually was looking for shiny Nidoran male, I did like another 500 encounters and still didn't find that guy. :[

I also had like 3 boxes of Solosis and Rotom each from Masuda breeding, I didn't get one shiny out of those. :(
    But I've started masuda-ing Porygon so maybe that'll work better.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • Already got 11 shinies (2x Dragalge,2x Skrelp, 2x Poliwhirl, 2x Qwilfish, Poliwag, Magikarp & Relicanth) using the chain fishing. Well I think the safari has a higher shiny rate than the wild because I caught this awesome shiny braixen under an hour and this shiny klefki while I'm hunting for a metang.

Years
  • How do people get so many shinnies? The only shiny I have ever gotten was a shiny Duosion in White and I have been playing since Yellow came out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    6 Claunchers and 2 Clawitzers, Luvdisc, Relicanth, Staryu, and that green fish that is really common, I just can't remember his name :P

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    It's so funny how I was on the hunt, literally for a week or two for a shiny Mawile back in November - only to end with disappointment. Though just a few minutes ago I go hatching for a male adamant Dratini and this happens.

On my seventh egg, too!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Well the probability is 1/4096, so you should expect to get one out of every 4096 hatchings :P Unless you're doing the Masuda method, in which case you definitely should have gotten one by now =/

Yup. I'm using the Masuda method, and I'm at 930 eggs already. I read that some don't even get one til 1,200 eggs. I'll wait by then. If not, I'll remove Greninja out, give him Everstone then give him back to daycare.

Question: Do I give Greninja an Everstone for the Froakies to get a different ability? All the hatching Froakies I got are all Torrent. I have yet to see one with Protean.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • Five minutes ago, I hatched my first Gen VI shiny (Second ever!): A shiny Minun! it only took me 90 Minuns as well! I am so lucky :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Caught another shiny Pokemon at a friend's safari :)

Shiny Venomoth! She's Jolly with Tinted Lens. It would be bad, since Venomoth likes SAtk for its good moves, but thankfully she has perfect IVs in Defense AND Special Attack :)

Now that I have 6 shiny Pokemon, it's time to beat the Elite Four again!

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
    Years
  • Well, this is going to be a good year. I started my game by collecting a batch of eggs from the day-care, and of course did the lumiose +o-power trick to hatch them. What do you know, the very first egg I hatched was a shiny phantump! I remember looking at the nicknaming screen and passing it. Took me a few seconds to realize, "hold on those colors are different". Lol! He has frisk though, and only 1 iv. ;-; Oh yeah, the parents are also both from my game?? I had no idea you could hatch a shiny without Masuda Method! So to say the least I was quite surprised. Not bad for my first hatch of 2014! :pink_love:

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Hatched a shiny Gastly and Ralts via Masuda Method before the new year. Gastly took a little bit over 300 eggs, and Ralts just over 70 eggs.

Kokocat

Burning Young Heart
    Years
  • Ran into a shiny far'fetched in safari. Caught in a premiere ball.
    Less than 10 minutes later, run into a shiny Pyroar. Caught in a premier ball.

This is the start of a glorious year!

Back