• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Most Unexpected Pokemon Power House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
  • Persian is mine. While it is pretty weak, it has good speed and Nasty Plot, making it a very viable special sweeper with Tech'd Swift/Water Pulse, along with Hypnosis for good measure.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • In Pokemon Heart Gold, Crobat, I've never had one before because I'm never good when it comes to happiness but once it evolved, it was amazing, it's speed was great, powerful attacks, definately worth having on your team! :P

Years
  • when in the battle factory i have had some real unexpected strong pokemon. i had a lucario that took a ton of punishment and dished out plenty, and a porygon z that was the same

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
  • Mr.Mime is a boss :D

I think it was Platinum that i had a mr.mime with
    Psychic, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, And (Not sure) Focus blast.

Even without the STAB any move if super effective knocked them out in one or two hits.

Its speed/special attack is Delectable :D

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    awesome XD

Mr. Mime just creeps me out so i hardly use him ^^"

In Pokemon Heart Gold, Crobat, I've never had one before because I'm never good when it comes to happiness but once it evolved, it was amazing, it's speed was great, powerful attacks, definately worth having on your team! :P

heres a quick way to friendship evolve:

catch the friend evolver at lv2 raise it til you get a bell that increases friendship, then raise to the 30s it always works for me, i got my crobat at lv31 lol

crobat is a beast!

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Thing is, Tentacruel's Special Defense is usually his highest stat, so it's weaknesses don't matter...

Yeah it does. It cripples its abilities to take Special attacks. What's the point of having high defenses if you're 2x weak to that move anyway? The point of walling is to take as little damage as possible from an attack, but since two of his prospective resistances are negated by his weaknesses, he can't do it effectively. He also has no way to heal himself, other than Black Sludge, Giga Drain, etc.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    awesome ^_^ quagsire is awesome, but i prefer wihscash :P

will you 2 stow it, no more arguin! you can decrease speed for friendship usin a berry, theres several berries used to increase friendship at the cost of a stat

the team would get killed by heatran, and several other pokemon

thats why you wouldnt make the entire team just those, or youd be a complete fool

yes lock-cannon is brilliant, and yes these only a select few who learn it, but if you focus your entire team around that 1 combo, youll be destroyed in a few seconds

its a brilliant combo and it would be great ot carry one, or 2 pokemon with it in your team at most.

now no more arugin, this is supposed to be fun ^_^ now stow it,and be ncie >.>

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Starmie. Great speed, good special attacker, learns almost all move types and has good abilities.

i completely agree, but it looks so slow which tricks me lol, i always end up over lookin it :surprised:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Did you know? Whiscash can learn Spark and Dragon Dance? The two aren't compatible though.

awesome ^_^ quagsire is awesome, but i prefer wihscash :P

will you 2 stow it, no more arguin! you can decrease speed for friendship usin a berry, theres several berries used to increase friendship at the cost of a stat

the team would get killed by heatran, and several other pokemon

thats why you wouldnt make the entire team just those, or youd be a complete fool

yes lock-cannon is brilliant, and yes these only a select few who learn it, but if you focus your entire team around that 1 combo, youll be destroyed in a few seconds

its a brilliant combo and it would be great ot carry one, or 2 pokemon with it in your team at most.

now no more arugin, this is supposed to be fun ^_^ now stow it,and be ncie >.>

ok lol; Except I posted this before I read your post, so I'll leave it here.
    Oh, but last comment. Mind Reader + Sheer Cold is a lot more useful than Lock-On + Zap Cannon tbh. I'll call it BRAIN FREEZE. lolol

Spoiler:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i use the berries on the stat with no EVs so i dont lose anytihn, only gain ;)

Brain Freeze I LOVE IT XD thats too cool XD
    imma try both lock-cannon (sincei last used it in silver, back at the power plant) and Brain Freeeze just cuz its awesome XD

ill have to find pokemon who learn both attacks in the same tho...
    Porygon Z learns lock-cannon correct?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • i use the berries on the stat with no EVs so i dont lose anytihn, only gain ;)

Brain Freeze I LOVE IT XD thats too cool XD
    imma try both lock-cannon (sincei last used it in silver, back at the power plant) and Brain Freeeze just cuz its awesome XD

ill have to find pokemon who learn both attacks in the same tho...
    Porygon Z learns lock-cannon correct?

Yeah but he doesn't really have the defense to stall that combo out. He does a lot more damage with Thunderbolt, but still prefers to use Tri Attack because it's his strongest attack.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I find Rapidash pretty good. Learns epic moves and it is fast and hits hard with Flare Blitz/ Megahorn.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • For the record, the Pokemon that can learn it are: Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Nosepass, Probopass, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Smeargle.

The ones who can learn Mind Reader + Dynamic Punch are: Poliwrath, Breloom, Meditite, Medicham, and Smeargle.

The only one who can learn Lock-On + Dynamic Punch / Mind Reader + Zap Cannon is Smeargle.

The only one who can learn a sure-hit modifier + an OHKO move is Articuno, with Mind Reader + Sheer Cold. Any other move combination of Mind Reader / Lock-On + Fissure / Horn Drill / Guillotine can only be learned by Smeargle.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    For the record, the Pokemon that can learn it are: Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Nosepass, Probopass, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Smeargle.

The ones who can learn Mind Reader + Dynamic Punch are: Poliwrath, Breloom, Meditite, Medicham, and Smeargle.

The only one who can learn Lock-On + Dynamic Punch / Mind Reader + Zap Cannon is Smeargle.

The only one who can learn a sure-hit modifier + an OHKO move is Articuno, with Mind Reader + Sheer Cold. Any other move combination of Mind Reader / Lock-On + Fissure / Horn Drill / Guillotine can only be learned by Smeargle.

thanx bunches, i never really thought that much into pokemon, i was one of the first people who taught their pokemon multiple types of attacks, instead of one lol (i remember rhydon surf in red lol) i do my best to have 4different types of attacks, or 2of a STAB attack ^_^ but im gonna try these combos :3

Yeah but he doesn't really have the defense to stall that combo out. He does a lot more damage with Thunderbolt, but still prefers to use Tri Attack because it's his strongest attack.

ill just have to make it chug some iron ;) lol

I find Rapidash pretty good. Learns epic moves and it is fast and hits hard with Flare Blitz/ Megahorn.

i got this thing about horses...... *cringes*

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back