• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Opinion: What do you think life would be like is Pokemon were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
  • If Pokemon existed in real life, somebody would point out that they would be breaking the laws of physics, and with that they would instantly disappear.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Humans will never be the superior race again!
    That makes me sad :( I like being superior :D

Manaphy.10

Not Your Average Gamer
    Years
  • I would treat my Pokemon as a friend, and only make it battle in times of danger. If Pokemon were alive, battling for fun would be very cruel.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • It would actually be very dangerous.. pretty much like now with more animals and special powers. Pet fighting everywhere, now that's cruel especially tournaments.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    First off, Pokemon seem to be pretty chill with being used in battles, so animal cruelty wouldn't really be an issue except where war is concerned. The only wars Pokemon would be involved in are street-level gang wars, because only unique, legendary Pokemon have the level of firepower needed to make a difference on a modern battlefield, and there's just not that many of them (and some of them, like Darkrai, don't have direct military application anyway). Everyone saying that Pokemon would lead to wars/world domination clearly has no idea what a modern military is capable of. All the Charizards in the world couldn't go to blows with the USAF, RAF, or any other AF I can think of, and a fully evolved Pokemon army probably wouldn't last long against a tank battalion with air support.

Even if they did make good weapons and were seized by governments for military purposes, no one would be likely to start a war just because they've got a new weapon. Especially in the modern world, with a globalized economy, you don't typically start a war without a practical reason to do so. Especially since everyone else also has all these new weapons, so it's not like one country now has a big advantage over the others.

Most likely, a few specimens of each kind of Pokemon would be snatched up for experimentation purposes by either governments, corporations, or both. There would probably be a lot of regulations about who can own or train a Pokemon, since pretty much all of them can be trained to be lethal weapons. Electric types would definitely revolutionize the power industry. Some would probably be kept in power farms like cattle, but I imagine a wiring system that allows you to power your house by attaching a wire to your Pikachu's cheeks and having him thunderbolt once every two hours or so would be pretty successful.

Also, just because there's Pokemon doesn't mean that society is going to spontaneously be cool with ten year olds dropping out of school to go on Pokemon journeys. Pokemon journeys just wouldn't work in the real world. For the bulk of the United States, most towns are a full day's walk from each other, at least ten or twenty miles. Most kids don't have more than twenty or thirty dollars on them, and all of the trainers will probably be about as good as you are (imagine if every single trainer battle in Pokemon was against another player, how often would you win?). Also, the trainers as a group aren't making any money because they only get money by fighting each other, but they are spending money on food and hotel rooms, so there's going to be less and less money to go around as time goes on. Within a week or two, there won't be any money left, and everyone will have to go home...Assuming they can get home from wherever they've wandered off to, with dozens or possibly even hundreds of miles in between.

tl;dr: No, Pokemon wouldn't cause wars, yes, a few of them would probably get experimented on, and no, you wouldn't see a bunch of ten year olds going on Pokemon journeys.

Last edited:

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Let's pretend the world is a utopia, contrary to the post above me. We could be living in the Pokémon world.

If Pokémon were real, I'd probably ditch my musical passion in favor of becoming a Trainer. Except I'd do it in solitude, so I wouldn't have ten year old kids crying about why they lost to me.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • If Pokemon were real, they'd team up with the computers and destroy mankind, party on our graves, then make their own Jershey Shore-like reality TV shows. Snookie? Pffft, she's a thing of the past. Pokemon would have Wookie, the Wigglytuff with a wig and orange marker. Jwoww? No no no, it's Glameow now.

And I could see a bunch of Machokes forming a boy band with a Machamp as their lead singer. Machokes and the Champ they'd call it. Eventually the band would break up and Machamp would go pursue a solo career and fail miserably though.

But if boy bands aren't your thing and you're more into pop, at least there's Lady Jyjy, the Jynx. Or even Taillow Swift if that's your kind of thing.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Practically the same really, the pokemon would just replace normal animals. E.g Pikachus replace mice, Vulpix, houndour... ect replace different breeds of dogs. The only additon would be attacks.

I doubt we would have 10 year olds going on journeys.

Years
  • Basically they'd be slightly evolved animals and the world would probably be more crowded and worse. For a start Poke balls and Pokemon battles would be gone :p That's keeping an animal contained and Pokemon battles are basically dog fights, it wouldn't be allowed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    If Pokeball technology worked the way it's implied to in the games/anime, it wouldn't be any worse than keeping a dog in a kennel. A lot better, actually. So Pokeballs would probably be good. Pokemon battles, probably less so, but considering the Pokemon really don't seem to mind and rarely come out of things severely injured, those might be alright, too. Depends on which side has the better lawyers, really. It's the journey that just wouldn't work.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    If Pokeball technology worked the way it's implied to in the games/anime, it wouldn't be any worse than keeping a dog in a kennel. A lot better, actually. So Pokeballs would probably be good. Pokemon battles, probably less so, but considering the Pokemon really don't seem to mind and rarely come out of things severely injured, those might be alright, too. Depends on which side has the better lawyers, really. It's the journey that just wouldn't work.
    If Pokeball technology worked the way in the anime, we'd be dead x.x

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • It's not going to be nice.
    If they come out to be real, then I would say mass panic would break out. Our world is not as big as the pokemon world, since all in all there are A LOT of continents in the pokemon world. We could die of starvation and overpopulation.

Also, wars WILL break out. Beleive it or not, there are corrupt governments out there, and they will attack. Using Weaviles as assasins; charizards as bombers, tyranitars as tanks, drifblim as transportation, and seemingly harmless pokes like pikachu shocking to death enemies.
    Yes, pokemon in the real world are not a nice thought. This world is different from that virtual utopia we all laugh about and buy to crazily get addicted to.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • Organizations like the Team Rocket would pop out of nowhere and create chaos. Except they would have guns too. And no 10 year old would be able to defeat them.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • Hello, everyone(and alien)
    I haven't made this thread in a while now :D
    So I've decided to revive it for the third and final time.
    What would you think it would be like for Pokemon to live in our world?
    I personally think World War 3 would break out, then 4, then 5.....6, 7, 8, 9 until all humanity is wiped out...
    Tyranitar would be used as war machines, Charizard would burn everything, Electivire would be used to make nuclear energy, and Igglybuff, Pichu, Magby and many more would be tested on...
    You realize that tanks and aircrafts and even guns are more efficiant than pokemon right? Pokemon (Except the legendarys) don't have the power to wipe out humankind.

Evan44

In Severe Ilness
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    When i finish school,im going to go to university and do a course on genetic engineering.
    Why? Since last year i have wanted to start a little (BIG) something i like to call ''project P2'' (named after P2 lab in b/w)
    This project will strive in making pokemon a reality.
    However,since WE are making the pokemon,we could put limits on the power these animals posess.Such as,arceus would not be powerful enough to elimanate an entire world, but at most,a small building.SO,we can limit their power so they could not cause havoc.
    Call me crazy,i dont care.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    My friends and I discuss every few years. The last time we discussed it was in May.

I'd have a Pikachu first of all, but it would be able to evolve, unlike in Yellow...I think that there would be a Gym in every major city of your state or province. People wouldn't send their kids off so early.

How creepy would it be to encounter a Missingno in real life though? I'd take a picture and run home with my tail between my legs, even though I'm 14 and don't have a tail <_<

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Somehow I doubt that actual Pokemon training and journeys and all would exist as they do in the games/anime/etc, even if humans and Pokemon were living peacefully together. Aside from complaints about cruelty and all, think about it for a moment. Where and how exactly would someone go on a "Pokemon journey" in our world? There's not a lot of open countryside left in-between cities and towns and all. You'd really just be walking along the sides of highways. Not to mention, most actual countries are pretty big in comparison to the Pokemon world's regions. Getting from place to place would take a hell of a long time, even if you were flying on a Charizard or something.

Battling would probably be kinda like an organized sport, if it were legal at all. There'd probably be tournaments and whatnot. The bigger ones would be aired on television, and I'd imagine they'd be pretty popular. There would have to be some strict laws about battling in public areas, though. Realistically, a Pokemon battle would completely wreck everything within a pretty wide radius. Attacks like Surf, Earthquake, Hyper Beam, Fire Blast... Battle in downtown city setting and you can bet there'll be millions of dollars worth of damage. Not to mention it'd be dangerous for anyone nearby. Thus, I'd imagine battles would be almost entirely limited to organized tournaments and that sorta thing. Of course there'd maybe be underground groups of people who'd battle Pokemon, much like dog fighting. ... Though I doubt it would be easy to keep Pokemon battles quiet and tame enough to avoid suspicion.

People would still be able to keep Pokemon, though. They just wouldn't battle often, if at all. The lack of battling experience would keep "pet" Pokemon in their lower stages of evolution, so it's not as if everyone would have pet Aggrons and Blastoises. In fact, getting ahold of "powerful" Pokemon would probably be extremely difficult and/or expensive in this sorta situation. Even if a crook had a Charmander, he'd have a hell of a hard time finding people to battle. That Charmander would be lucky if it evolved into a Charmeleon, much less a Charizard.

While the whole "POKEMON WOULD DESTROY HUMANITY AND THE WORLD WOULD END" thing sounds reasonable to a degree, I kinda doubt it would happen that way. There are only a few Pokemon that are truly powerful enough to cause humans trouble. Not to mention, wild Pokemon in general tend to leave humans alone, particularly the "stronger" ones. Tyranitar, for instance, is extremely rare. It lives on a formidable mountain in a remote area where most humans wouldn't dare go near. Wild Tyranitar do not randomly go down to Goldenrod City and start destroying buildings. Thus, I don't think wild Tyranitar would randomly go down to real-world cities and cause chaos. Even if they did, as I said before, they're extremely rare. All "strong" Pokemon are extremely rare. There'd only be a few of them, and I'm sure with our weaponry we'd easily be able to take care of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back