• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Opinion: What do you think life would be like is Pokemon were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
  • Somehow I doubt that actual Pokemon training and journeys and all would exist as they do in the games/anime/etc, even if humans and Pokemon were living peacefully together. Aside from complaints about cruelty and all, think about it for a moment. Where and how exactly would someone go on a "Pokemon journey" in our world? There's not a lot of open countryside left in-between cities and towns and all. You'd really just be walking along the sides of highways. Not to mention, most actual countries are pretty big in comparison to the Pokemon world's regions. Getting from place to place would take a hell of a long time, even if you were flying on a Charizard or something.

Battling would probably be kinda like an organized sport, if it were legal at all. There'd probably be tournaments and whatnot. The bigger ones would be aired on television, and I'd imagine they'd be pretty popular. There would have to be some strict laws about battling in public areas, though. Realistically, a Pokemon battle would completely wreck everything within a pretty wide radius. Attacks like Surf, Earthquake, Hyper Beam, Fire Blast... Battle in downtown city setting and you can bet there'll be millions of dollars worth of damage. Not to mention it'd be dangerous for anyone nearby. Thus, I'd imagine battles would be almost entirely limited to organized tournaments and that sorta thing. Of course there'd maybe be underground groups of people who'd battle Pokemon, much like dog fighting. ... Though I doubt it would be easy to keep Pokemon battles quiet and tame enough to avoid suspicion.

People would still be able to keep Pokemon, though. They just wouldn't battle often, if at all. The lack of battling experience would keep "pet" Pokemon in their lower stages of evolution, so it's not as if everyone would have pet Aggrons and Blastoises. In fact, getting ahold of "powerful" Pokemon would probably be extremely difficult and/or expensive in this sorta situation. Even if a crook had a Charmander, he'd have a hell of a hard time finding people to battle. That Charmander would be lucky if it evolved into a Charmeleon, much less a Charizard.

While the whole "POKEMON WOULD DESTROY HUMANITY AND THE WORLD WOULD END" thing sounds reasonable to a degree, I kinda doubt it would happen that way. There are only a few Pokemon that are truly powerful enough to cause humans trouble. Not to mention, wild Pokemon in general tend to leave humans alone, particularly the "stronger" ones. Tyranitar, for instance, is extremely rare. It lives on a formidable mountain in a remote area where most humans wouldn't dare go near. Wild Tyranitar do not randomly go down to Goldenrod City and start destroying buildings. Thus, I don't think wild Tyranitar would randomly go down to real-world cities and cause chaos. Even if they did, as I said before, they're extremely rare. All "strong" Pokemon are extremely rare. There'd only be a few of them, and I'm sure with our weaponry we'd easily be able to take care of them.

I 95% agree with this guy.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
  • If we had evolved the way the people in Pokemon have, then we'd be perfectly OK.

Meaning, we're more self-sufficient, even though Pokemon has big cities, there isn't a lot of pollution or lack of energy or bad things like that. Probably because they can deal with that using Pokemon, neverending electricity from electric types, Hello! But they don't mistreat the pokemon or use them. If we however have the same world we have today and Pokemon randomly get placed into it, it would be Chaos.

That's my take~
    Pokemon is just another path of evolution. Not saying that we could have taken exactly that path, but maybe something similar if we lived more with in sync with the earth.

Years
  • If everything was a fantasy like in the game itself, it would be AWESOME and I definitely love the idea of RL pokemon. But seeing the world as it is now with all the crap like politics, global warming, terrorism etc etc. No way! Firstly, Pokemon aren't war machines, they have their own dignity. To own a Pokemon is to earn their respect for you as their Trainer, not some slave. Pokeball technology would be obviously COOL, but if we were that advanced, I wouldn't be using the computer, but INTO the very void of cyberspace. Anyways, you've heard my debate of the notion and in conclusion, I'll say NEVER! Cos it will be chaotic, ironically I love chaos but not for moi poor little Pokemon. *sobs*

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    All I can think is it would be crazy, wars everywhere, using Pokemon in bad ways, just like Team Rocket, but worser. Kids wouldn't go to school instead pursue their dreams to become a Pokemon Master/Top Coordinator/Gym Leader/Top Breeder. I do actually think it's cool but scary.

FlamingThunder

Years
  • COOLER! But scarier since some POKèMON like DIALGA and CELEBI have the right to meddle with time, the evil teams have evil plots. Hopefully when PKMN was real, evil teams will not exist. It will be a lot less scarier, n'est-ce pas? (Isn't it?)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • mmm, chaotic? I can picture Nazis running around on their Rhydons, Obama controlling Rayquaza, and a 10 year old playing around with a Snubbull. My mind is twisted O.o

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I think there would be battles everywhere, and it wuld be crazy, but I would get me I Diglett:D

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    life with pokemon would be awesome, but the pokemon in real life would look retarded, if would be better if we all looked like anime characters so the pokemon wouldnt have to change.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Well, if there were Pokemon FROM THE BEGINNING, it wouldn't be what people in this thread think, mostly. :c
    You would have to understand, there would be only one defined god. Arceus. For everyone~ There goes all the world's problems right there. :D Think about it, most of our disputes now a days grew from religion and the act of spreading it. (However, this would highly effect history, because Europe dominated and converted so many countries. There wouldn't be America, for one, cause no Christianity. XD) And if anyone tried to deny it, Arceus would come down and SMITE THEM FOR ALL TO SEEEE.

Also, there would really be no weak countries. Everyone has freaking super powered weapons, POKEMON~ Someone would have to be REALLY confident to just charge into a battle to seize territory. Places like Africa would have Pokes like Hippowdon and Tyranitar... Wouldn't wanna mess with them.

School wise... 10 is a very unreasonable age. XD;; I would say the most likely age for a kid to start traveling is 15-16, such as in Black and White~ That is plenty of education to not be stupid, especially as I would imagine we would be a lot more advanced in education with Pokemon. And recess would be very fun! ;D

Buuuuuut, if Pokemon were just dropped suddenly from the world today, it would be udder calamity. Not because of people using them as literal weapons, but because Arceus and every single other Pokemon Legend would come down and kill every single last human for misuse of Pokemon.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Well, if there were Pokemon FROM THE BEGINNING, it wouldn't be what people in this thread think, mostly. :c
    You would have to understand, there would be only one defined god. Arceus. For everyone~ There goes all the world's problems right there. :D Think about it, most of our disputes now a days grew from religion and the act of spreading it. (However, this would highly effect history, because Europe dominated and converted so many countries. There wouldn't be America, for one, cause no Christianity. XD) And if anyone tried to deny it, Arceus would come down and SMITE THEM FOR ALL TO SEEEE.

Also, there would really be no weak countries. Everyone has freaking super powered weapons, POKEMON~ Someone would have to be REALLY confident to just charge into a battle to seize territory. Places like Africa would have Pokes like Hippowdon and Tyranitar... Wouldn't wanna mess with them.

School wise... 10 is a very unreasonable age. XD;; I would say the most likely age for a kid to start traveling is 15-16, such as in Black and White~ That is plenty of education to not be stupid, especially as I would imagine we would be a lot more advanced in education with Pokemon. And recess would be very fun! ;D

Buuuuuut, if Pokemon were just dropped suddenly from the world today, it would be udder calamity. Not because of people using them as literal weapons, but because Arceus and every single other Pokemon Legend would come down and kill every single last human for misuse of Pokemon.

you might be right about the legendary pokemon killing all humans, but thats why we have a thing called a-bombs. xD

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • you might be right about the legendary pokemon killing all humans, but thats why we have a thing called a-bombs. xD

You do realize these are Pokemon we are talking about here, right? xD There are Pokemon that control time and space. Not to mention GOD. I think that is enough to stop a-bombs. And half of the Legendaries are psychic! They could always redirect them, and then contain them!

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    You do realize these are Pokemon we are talking about here, right? xD There are Pokemon that control time and space. Not to mention GOD. I think that is enough to stop a-bombs. And half of the Legendaries are psychic! They could always redirect them, and then contain them!

true, but what if you use a dark type pokemon, like darkrai (he isnt legendary, just rare) and defeat the psychic pokemon. then just catch em.

xEoNx

Trade & Angel Lord Forever
    Years
  • What you're all assuming is that the world wouldn't have been changed by the existence of Pokemon in the past. You;re saying that one day Pokemon would magically appear, when in reality they would have existed for thousands and millions of years thus changing all of history.

Word removed

Last edited by a moderator:

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    What you're all assuming is that the world wouldn't have been changed by the existence of Pokemon in the past. You;re saying that one day Pokemon would magically appear, when in reality they would have existed for thousands and millions of years thus changing all of history.

Word removed

Undiscovered is sometimes classified as 'Magically Appearing'.

Some News Site:
    Mysterious Bird 'Magically Appears'

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    Wouldn't Al-Qaeda and the like be using Voltorbs/Electrodes due to them knowing explosion/self-destruct?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Life would be a perfect! <3

Or at least better than it is now. I want a pet Raichu so bad D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back