• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zoroark & Zorua Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
  • ...I never noticed that pattern... then again I haven't watched the recent movies... I like the older anime better. But that's another discussion.

We have no clue really what it is until we figure it out in the games. I won't say Zorua and Zoroark are legendaries, but I'm not willing to say they aren't either. Clear evidence points to both arguments.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I will CORRECT YOU!
    Zoroark is gen 5's Lucario, thought to be a legend, but just a big (and quite powerful) NINTENDO LIE!

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Anyone who can't see that Zorua & Zoroark are basically the new fanboys, being the same as Riolu and Lucario last generation, are being dumb.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • I do believe Zoroark is the same as Lucario.
    It is the first of its Generation to be revealed for a movie it has a role in.
    It has a pre- evo form.
    Everyone considered it a powerful legendary(including me,I was 12 at the timexP)
    but it ended up to be a cool looking Pokemon that got a role in Nintendo's best selling Fighting game ever.....
    I wonder what the next Super Smash Bros will be like?...Maybe Royale....O__O
    Sorry for getting off topic. xD

Years
  • I'm pretty sure they said that Zorua evolves into Zoroark and if they were legendaries they would've said so by now. I don't think they're legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    eep, i think they actually did... *embarrassment*

Just because it is only obtainable with an event pokemon doesnt mean it's legendary, it may as well be, but dont get your hopes up.

Anything discussed here will surely be solved by the master document

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Well, I've never heard Nintendo refer to any Pokemon as legendaries. It's sorta like shiney, a fan made term. Nintendo never uses the term shiney, and I have yet to see them call this group of special pokemon all legendaries. Legendary is just a way fans refer to rare pokemon.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • One thing that crosses my mind is: Aren't those the only Zorua and Zoroark in existence? This would make them Legendary. Then again, they'd need to be a male Zoroark to make Zorua. Then again Zorua and Zoroark could have just come from nowhere and be life companions, Mother and Son, playing tricks on the world.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I think they are One-Off pokemon. There has always been a pokemon in each generation where there was only one obtainable in game. Snorlax, Eevee and lapras in RGBY, The starters in Yellow, Sudowoodo, Togepi and snorlax and tyrogue in GSC, Wynaut in RSE, The johto starters in emerald, Happiny, and Riolu in DP, Togepi, Porygon, Eevee in Platinum.

Pichu_War

Pichu from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    aren't legendary pokemon supposed to be like almighty and near perfect, so if they were to evolve, doesn't that take away from the alimightyness and perfectness

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Zorua might not even be a legend, but if it was I guess it would be cool since it has an evolved form.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • Hold on! who said that zorua evolves? it could be like manaphy and phione...
    output.gif

Straight from Bulbapedia. You have been proved wrong.

Anyway, this probably won't be like Lucario, because, again, you can only get it through an event. Even if it isn't legendary, it can't be the next Lucario either. And the gym leader won't have an event Pokemon, that would be as stupid as a gym leader possessing a shiny Celebi.

Well, I've never heard Nintendo refer to any Pokemon as legendaries. It's sorta like shiney, a fan made term. Nintendo never uses the term shiney, and I have yet to see them call this group of special pokemon all legendaries. Legendary is just a way fans refer to rare pokemon.

Oh, yeah, and the person said that Nintendo never uses the term "Legendary", have you ever seen an episode in the anime? They always refer to Pokemon as Legendary in the Anime!

And take a look at the Ultimate Handbook-
    Wow! It has a LEGENDARY lineup! And each Legendary Pokemon has a little badge that says Legendary Pokemon!

I think I proved you wrong there...

You do realise that zorua is exclusively male and zoroark is female, i think i read that somewhere

And that makes no sense in the slightest. A male doesn't just evolve into a female, that makes no sense

I think they are One-Off pokemon. There has always been a pokemon in each generation where there was only one obtainable in game. Snorlax, Eevee and lapras in RGBY, The starters in Yellow, Sudowoodo, Togepi and snorlax and tyrogue in GSC, Wynaut in RSE, The johto starters in emerald, Happiny, and Riolu in DP, Togepi, Porygon, Eevee in Platinum.
    And this is different. A Pokemon you can't obtain AT ALL normally in the game. It HAS to be from an event.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    output.gif

Anyway, this probably won't be like Lucario, because, again, you can only get it through an event. Even if it isn't legendary, it can't be the next Lucario either. And the gym leader won't have an event Pokemon, that would be as stupid as a gym leader possessing a shiny Celebi.

Oh, yeah, and the person said that Nintendo never uses the term "Legendary", have you ever seen an episode in the anime? They always refer to Pokemon as Legendary in the Anime!

Wow! It has a LEGENDARY lineup! And each Legendary Pokemon has a little badge that says Legendary Pokemon!

And that makes no sense in the slightest. A male doesn't just evolve into a female, that makes no sense

And this is different. A Pokemon you can't obtain AT ALL normally in the game. It HAS to be from an event.
    Bulbapedia isn't proof. Bulbapedia is correct, however, because it uses reputable sources.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years
  • output.gif

I Was trying to prove that zorua does not evolve into zoroark
    but nevermind ;;

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • aMost sources say Zorua and Zoroark arnt legends. It's an evolution line, and they have genders. And it's not like manaphy and phione, Zorua evolves into Zororak.
    It's just a gimmick like Lucario.

It dosn't matter if they are event only. So was the Notch eared pichu.

Also, recent strategy guides (PT, HGSS) have used the term shiny.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back