• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zoroark & Zorua Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    timexP)
    but it ended up to be a cool looking Pokemon that got a role in Nintendo's best selling Fighting game ever.....
    I wonder what the next Super Smash Bros will be like?...Maybe Royale....O__O
    Sorry for getting off topic. xD

Actually, i dont think thats a bad name for it tbh
    They probly will have him if they make anva 1, which they will

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I think that Zorua/Zoroark are the 5th Gen's Riolu/Lucario.

Also Lucario appeared the first time in the 8th Movie, everyone thinked that he was legendary, but he wasn't.
    So it's Zoroark. Nintendo just chosen him because he was great, like Lucario was.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    @Gardenia the Birds have never been confirmed to have more than one of their species. They have been sighted many times in different regions and Drake during the Pokemon Special Episodes with the Ash clone Richie said he has been tracking Moltres all his life. The birds are Migratory by nature and only one has ever been caught though it was not an official capture as Noland said Articuno wishes to stay with him of its own free will.

I looked through Serebii and Bulbapedia, Niether say there are more than one of any of these three.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    @Gardenia the Birds have never been confirmed to have more than one of their species. They have been sighted many times in different regions and Drake during the Pokemon Special Episodes with the Ash clone Richie said he has been tracking Moltres all his life. The birds are Migratory by nature and only one has ever been caught though it was not an official capture as Noland said Articuno wishes to stay with him of its own free will.

I looked through Serebii and Bulbapedia, Niether say there are more than one of any of these three.

Quote from the anime:
    The Articuno migrate here......

That's plural ^

And so please give me some REAL evidence that says that there's only one and not just tell me two fansites that doesn't say that.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It's, like, impossible for it to be a "Lucario"
    Because it's an event? All event Pokemon are legendary Pokemon?

Sweet. Pikachu's a legendary Pokemon! So is Scizor then. And so are around ten other Pokemon that were released for an American-only event, if you want to count that.

Just because a Pokemon can be caught in an event doesn't automatically make it legendary. Otherwise, common Pokemon like the examples above are legendary. There are a lot of other qualities that make a Pokemon legendary.

Mew(?). (I can't 100% remember if it was Mew)
    Yeah, it was Mew. The one from the first movie is different from the eighth movie. That's what I've read on SPP and BMG.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Let me say this again.
    It does not matter that they are event pokemon they are not legendary!
    This is one of the times I wished there were "like" buttons like Facebook's The whole point of the discussion. A point the OP should contradict with evidence, other that recurring to Serebii or that. I mean; let's consider they are legends FAM. If they are, then why did Nintendo/GF and CoroCoro/Oha Suta whatever... kept it hidden from us? That's the only thing against it I see.

Quote from the anime:
    And so please give me some REAL evidence that says that there's only one and not just tell me two fansites that doesn't say that.
    You just said it. From the anime. This forum and subsequently this discussion is about the games, not the anime. The anime canon says that there are multiple legends (as stated), that legends can breed (baby lugia) and that if you aim for Rhyhorn's horn with a Thunder you make significant damage (LOL). Tell me, does that even gets mentioned in-game? No, because it isn't the anime. It's the game.

Look, I'm not against your proposition. We've got no proof that they are not legends. But, just for the sake of it, stop mixing the anime and the game's canon. Don't. Do. It.
    Instead, could the OP please tell us why do you think they are legends? Other than the fact that they're event Pokémon, obviously. We've seen that too many times already ITT

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Quote from the anime:

That's plural ^

I couldn't find you alleged claim that there are more than one either. Only episode that refers to any of the three Legendary Birds with more than one in the Species was the Episode with Todd Snapp when they were in Johto where he mistakenly says "there are Articuno there" after hearing a story from Nurse Joy.

Though his wording hints, they never said that there were in fact more than one on that mountain. Every where else, there has only been One showing of the legendary birds.

The Episode when Ash tried to help a Zapdos recharge after spending all of its energy, a maiden says that Zapdos comes to the lake to recharge.

The Pokemon Chronicals Episode I refered to earlier, I mistook the names. The name of the Man trying to catch Moltres was named Silver and he had been following Moltres all around the world trying to catch it and noting each of its nesting spots.

Back to the Episode with Todd, the Nurse that tells them the Story says that Articuno had Nests all over the region and travels to them frequently.

Every Episode with Zapdos has shown Zapdos far away from the mountains as some would believe it would live showing the patterns of living areas for the two before.

In the Manga there were only one as well. Though since the Manga follows the Game's perspective, All Legendary Pokemon are supposed to be one of a kind. Even though the Battle Frontier Pyramid Brain uses the Golems.

So would you please show some real evidence to support your theory. Like maybe a Picture of more than one Articuno, Moltres, or Zapdos from the Anime or Manga. And not try to hide behind translated texts or hinted suggestions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Read this first post, kiddo.
    I'm saying that they are absolutely NOT this generations "Lucario"

It's, like, impossible for it to be a "Lucario"

Gardenia101, I merged your two posts together, please don't double post intentionally again.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Because it's an event? All event Pokemon are legendary Pokemon?

Sweet. Pikachu's a legendary Pokemon! So is Scizor then. And so are around ten other Pokemon that were released for an American-only event, if you want to count that.

Just because a Pokemon can be caught in an event doesn't automatically make it legendary. Otherwise, common Pokemon like the examples above are legendary. There are a lot of other qualities that make a Pokemon legendary.

Yeah, it was Mew. The one from the first movie is different from the eighth movie. That's what I've read on SPP and BMG.
    READ THE FIRST POST!!!!!!!
    I said it wasn't a legendary and sorry, and I said it couldn't be a one-time Pokemon either, because they're both event only.
    LEARN TO READ!!!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I said it wasn't a legendary and sorry, and I said it couldn't be a one-time Pokemon either, because they're both event only.
    LEARN TO READ!!!!

Gardenia101, please don't tell other users that they need to learn how to read. It was just a misunderstanding, no need to be rude about it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    LEARN TO READ!!!!

Using Caps Lock and exclamation points doesn't make you sound more mature, just saying.

By the way, you never answered me. How is it impossible for them be this generation's Riolu/Lucario?

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Using Caps Lock and exclamation points doesn't make you sound more mature, just saying.

By the way, you never answered me. How is it impossible for them be this generation's Riolu/Lucario?
    Okkkaaayyyy......
    Everyone has been saying that they will be a Pokemon you can get once in the game or something, like Lucario and Riolu. I mean they can't be this generation's Lucario in this sense that you can only get it with a shiny legendary dog. And it's ability will probably help make it uber, too, even if it isn't legendary.

And, sorry, I've been flaming a bit, and I don't want to start a flamewar. That's why I waited so long to reply :P

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
    People thought Lucario was a legendary... look where we are now...

Zorua and Zoroark won't be any different.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Okkkaaayyyy......
    Everyone has been saying that they will be a Pokemon you can get once in the game or something, like Lucario and Riolu. I mean they can't be this generation's Lucario in this sense that you can only get it with a shiny legendary dog. And it's ability will probably help make it uber, too, even if it isn't legendary.

And, sorry, I've been flaming a bit, and I don't want to start a flamewar. That's why I waited so long to reply :P

Bolded part: That means you can only get it once. >>;;

Riolu/Lucario= Only can be gotten once from Iron Island.
    Zorua = Can only be gotten from Celebi Event
    Zoroark = Can only be gotten through Dog event

Depending on which event they release in America, you can only get it once. Just like Riolu. Though it only says you can't catch them except by this event, it doesn't say you can't possibly find a high ranking Trainer with it like say an E4 member or Gym Leader.

Underlined part: All its ability allows it to do it take the form of your Second Pokemon in your party. So if say you have Muuna second, then Zoroak will come out as Muuna in battle. Dunno if it'll come out as Muuna and completely confuse the opponent (real life player) Or it it comes out as Zoroark and then transforms which would be extremely retarded if it did.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Bolded part: That means you can only get it once. >>;;

Riolu/Lucario= Only can be gotten once from Iron Island.
    Zorua = Can only be gotten from Celebi Event
    Zoroark = Can only be gotten through Dog event

Depending on which event they release in America, you can only get it once. Just like Riolu. Though it only says you can't catch them except by this event, it doesn't say you can't possibly find a high ranking Trainer with it like say an E4 member or Gym Leader.

Underlined part: All its ability allows it to do it take the form of your Second Pokemon in your party. So if say you have Muuna second, then Zoroak will come out as Muuna in battle. Dunno if it'll come out as Muuna and completely confuse the opponent (real life player) Or it it comes out as Zoroark and then transforms which would be extremely retarded if it did.
    Well, I guess we'll just have to see, won't we?
    And I don't see why it's so retarded; I'd be mad if I used Psychic on a Mamepato and it didn't work :P
    Although I suppose there IS a possibility that Zorua doesn't evolve into Zoroark. But that would probably take out the Riolu/Lucario factor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back