• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Most Horrible Battle Animation in R/B/G

Monzae

Poison Technician
Years
I hated Bubblebeam.
The noise it made just made me cringe.

Seriously, would someone like to remind me how long they took to make those games? 3 days?

Some of the sprites were shocking, but for me what really made me thank God for the newer versions was the upgraded battle anims.

I will give due credit for its' time, it was a pretty awesome game, but it is actually fun to poke fingers and laugh at older versions. xD

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I'll have to agree about Bubblebeam. And it took about five minutes for it to actually finish up, too. >_<

Another one I never really liked: Sky Attack, Fly, basically anything that felt like it was a good idea to show glowing by streams of little white balls. I mean, okay, it works for something like Hidden Power, but for everything else?

Monzae

Poison Technician
Years
HAH!
I agree.
Bubblebeam was truly appauling to more people than just me by the sounds. xD
Oh yeah, I hated those moves too. Sky Attack especially.. (missingno reference here)

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I agree with the Bubblebeam thing. o_O That's my least favorite move ever now.. =(

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Bubblebeam is going to get a special prize. I also hated Surf for being slow and boring. Water moves were really bad made.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Bubblebeam sounded like one of those cheap toy guns XD
I hated that sound effect, but pokemon was just starting out, so it was bound to be cheap, lol.

I always thought Mist looked cheap in RBY.

Years
SURF.

When I first saw it I just thought.... Oo whaaaa? Wierd spray stuff topped with a hydro pump? That doesn't look anything LIKE surf...

I always liked bubblebeam though.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Yes the surf animation was really wierd.
I never liked none of the animations

Improfane

hiatus
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
I look forward for when Misty uses Bubblebeam, nobody else really uses that attack.

Worst animation has to be any physical attack where your Pokemon slides and the Pokemon blinks, lagging.

Favourite attack would probably be Razor Leaf or the ones that made the screen go black.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
I don't know which is the most horrible (except Biidaru using Water-Gun in D/P), but one I liked was 10manboruto (100,000 volts) in Green version. Because that animation is unique for Green version. I think that's the only animation that is different from the other colour games R/B/Y.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
I think both Bubble Beam and Bubble looked very well. It was Surf and Hydro Pump that looked bad.

Years
I liked the Bubblebeam sound. T_T I'm such an oddball.

Surf was pretty bad. It was... weird. At least it was a good move.

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
Years
Bubblebeam, surf and sky sttack annoyed me so much i actually broke my gba

-Amso-​

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
I turn it off it the new games, too. The battles go a little quicker and most animations suck anyway. I don't want my Biidaru to spit water from its fur as a water-gun, or see my bird pokemon sending off whirlwinds when using a wing attack.

Back