• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Ash age?

Pokefan2008

Objection!
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Correction,he's still 10,it's a floating timezone.

:t149:Pokefan2007

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    Well, If he's not real, he can't really age that much.
    If that makes sense.
    That'd be cool if he would age each year, though, just as we do, you know, grow up with us. Oh, well, He'll stay short and we'll be tall, big deal.
    Age doesn't really matter in anime's that much.

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Anyway,why would they want an old teen to be part of a kids show?

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Well,maybe preteens.It would not be so fun with only adults.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    If you go by our time, Ash should be somewhere around 15-16. If you go by the reality, he's actually still 10. Yes, everything that has happened so far has apparently happened in the course of a year.

Boy, he can run fast. XD

Honestly, he hasn't aged at all. He's apparently suffering from the "Simpson Syndrome" or something...

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    oh i know, it was very strange hearing the new voice... but after awhile i got used to it. is it just me or does he seem more mature now than in the earlier episodes?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I think with Sinnoh he aged to be 17 now though.

Still if you go with how the show goes then it be like this.

Ash became 11 when he returned to Pallet Town to train for the Kanto Pokemon League.

Then sometime during Johto he became 12. If you watch Pokemon Movie 3, during the minimovie Ash told Pikachu that it was their anniversity since they first day they met which was on Ash's bday.

I can't pinpoint the episode but maybe it was when Ash first met May or around there there was another hint of a year passing again so he became 13.

Ash then became 14 during Sinnoh. This one is kinda a spoilor from Serebii. Ash & Dawn! Head for New Adventure is a clip episode where it is suppose to be a year since they started their Sinnoh adventures so it can be said or guessed that Ash aged gain since it has been another year. Still it seems like they did very little in a year. Teeheehee

There you have it. If you go by how things are suppose to be then Ash is 17 but if you go by the show then Ash if 14 Teeheehee

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • If you talk about it like that, it's actually even more. The Pokemon Anime started airing around 1997, so technically... Ash is 20 years old..

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I think with Sinnoh he aged to be 17 now though.

Still if you go with how the show goes then it be like this.

Ash became 11 when he returned to Pallet Town to train for the Kanto Pokemon League.

Then sometime during Johto he became 12. If you watch Pokemon Movie 3, during the minimovie Ash told Pikachu that it was their anniversity since they first day they met which was on Ash's bday.

I can't pinpoint the episode but maybe it was when Ash first met May or around there there was another hint of a year passing again so he became 13.

Ash then became 14 during Sinnoh. This one is kinda a spoilor from Serebii. Ash & Dawn! Head for New Adventure is a clip episode where it is suppose to be a year since they started their Sinnoh adventures so it can be said or guessed that Ash aged gain since it has been another year. Still it seems like they did very little in a year. Teeheehee

There you have it. If you go by how things are suppose to be then Ash is 17 but if you go by the show then Ash if 14 Teeheehee

Kanto took at least nine months (six for the travelling and three for the pre-League training), Orange Islands took maybe one, Johto took eight or nine, Hoenn probably took about a year, Battle Frontier was another five months, and Sinnoh's been about 1.5 as far as the dub's gotten. So...

9+1+9+12+5+1=37

So......13 years old? And that's being generous with the timeline...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Ash began his journey at 10, then returned and went to Johto, 11, then went back and went to Hoenn at 12. I found that out in a newspaper in the kiddy section :D... Now, since he's in Sinnoh, then maybe he's gonna be 13. Man, every region, adds a year to his age. oh well...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Just as something to toss out there: When Advanced Generation started in Japan, the official Japanese site listed Ash and May as the same age. I believe even something was said in the show itself, though that could be wrong. About the site, however, that's true.

Yes, Ash has matured from the way that he was in Kanto. He's more wise about the world, and about Pokemon training in general. But he hasn't physically aged. He still looks the same that he did in Kanto the first time through.

Besides, as Beret said, the writers would alienate their viewers if Ash did age. The Pokemon audience is around the age of ten, give or take a few years, and they relate best to characters around their age. Take a look at Digimon. Even though the characters aged from the first season to the second, they were still around the age of eleven/twelve, which would be the target audience.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    You guys are all wrong.

If he was 10 back then, he would be 19 years now or 20 if you count the japan air date. Almost 21 years old.

The Pokemon series has been out now for over 10 almost 11 years so your all wayy off lol cept angel

It came out in Japan April 1997, America Sep 1998.

Im counting the first year to now not the totall air time between series if he started in 97 and was catching pokemon from then to now he would be the age i posted above.

Last edited:
    Back