• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why the Change?

supertails

Dictator
Years
  • Why did they have TR say "is that a voice I hear" stuff? I miss the old saying. Prepare for trouble and make it double. What was the point of them changing and why did Misty go?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • You like it? Weren't you bored of it? If I have to hear that slogan one more time, I'd have to kill myself :P

Misty left so contests can be introduced. She is replaced by a more girly figure, May, which was later replaced by Dawn. I don't really see Misty doing contests...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I know they changed how the Japanese one went to one along those lines, so I guess it was a direct translation on the part of the people doing the dubbing?

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • I know they changed how the Japanese one went to one along those lines, so I guess it was a direct translation on the part of the people doing the dubbing?

that's probably true. but it doesn't make it any less annoying. if they had something short and sweet, it wouldn't have been so bad from the beginning. something like (and i know this sucks. bear with me on this) "Team rocket is here, prepare to die." you know. like one or two short lines rather than some whole stupid speech....

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Hey, everything has changed in Pokemon, not just the TR theme song and Misty, you have to get used to the change and deal with it. No matter how hard it may be. *tears* XD

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • You like it? Weren't you bored of it? If I have to hear that slogan one more time, I'd have to kill myself :P

Misty left so contests can be introduced. She is replaced by a more girly figure, May, which was later replaced by Dawn. I don't really see Misty doing contests...

So your not going to watch the classic episodes anymore?

Hey, everything has changed in Pokemon, not just the TR theme song and Misty, you have to get used to the change and deal with it. No matter how hard it may be. *tears* XD

I know your right.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The BGM for the new motto is WAY cooler. Seriously, I had it in my head while I was in a lesson a few weeks ago and I looked up at everyone writing and it was hilarious. I don't know, it was like they all *had* to write, like slaves or something...It was just hilarious. They should release it. Oh, and the "In your face" part is hilarious too.

Years
  • After 400 episodes of the old motto, I thought it was time to change. Heh. Besides, the reverse would be Johto, and how basically nothing changed. You can imagine the writers wanting to get rid of that, after the fans' righteous bemoaning.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Its to keep Pokemon fresh and new which it is. Ive been into pokemon since the late 90s and its a completly different franchise now, more difficult and competive and the fans of the anime now can chose to watch for the contests or the gym battles. Its changed for the better but I do miss the original TR. Remember Team Rockets Rocket!

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • The BGM for the new motto is WAY cooler. Seriously, I had it in my head while I was in a lesson a few weeks ago and I looked up at everyone writing and it was hilarious. I don't know, it was like they all *had* to write, like slaves or something...It was just hilarious. They should release it. Oh, and the "In your face" part is hilarious too.

Cool. I prefer to think prepare for trouble. I get more laughs from that but I'll get used to the change.

After 400 episodes of the old motto, I thought it was time to change. Heh. Besides, the reverse would be Johto, and how basically nothing changed. You can imagine the writers wanting to get rid of that, after the fans' righteous bemoaning.

I see your point but I still prefer classics. I'm an old school type but I'll get used to the change though.

Its to keep Pokemon fresh and new which it is. Ive been into pokemon since the late 90s and its a completly different franchise now, more difficult and competive and the fans of the anime now can chose to watch for the contests or the gym battles. Its changed for the better but I do miss the original TR. Remember Team Rockets Rocket!

I remember that. It was pretty good.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • So your not going to watch the classic episodes anymore?

The truth is the only reason people like the classic episodes is that it was all original. But they really overdid it with repeating the same things over and over again....

But now, we are getting some changes, and I'm surprised to see people saying they hate the changes after complaining how repetitive the anime is.

They are trying to make it less repetitive and predictable, we should be happy.

Like Charaxes said earlier, after hearing the TR song 200 times, you'd think people would be fed up! Change is hard, but it's for the better :)

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • I know you're right but couldn't they at least made the contest more differential? I really don't see much of a difference between contest and gyms. Contest are just flashier in the beginning but the end pretty much the same way.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I think the old motto was more interesting, but they probably something different than the same think over and over again. TR is getting really annoying these days. Misty was probably more liked, but they needed a change i think.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I know!!I think I almost cried the first time I heard the new motto. This "Team Rocket, in your face" stuff just isn't working for me. I need the old motto back!!!
    "Prepare of Trouble... and make that double..." *sigh*

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I like the new stuff. It only adds on to the content of the show and makes it more interesting. Its just a way of keeping things fresh. I'd get pretty tired of it myself if I actually had seen all 400 episodes of the same slogan.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • I know!!I think I almost cried the first time I heard the new motto. This "Team Rocket, in your face" stuff just isn't working for me. I need the old motto back!!!
    "Prepare of Trouble... and make that double..." *sigh*

That's the same for me. We need the old one back.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Things change because otherwise it'd be too boring. Misty was a very boring character in Johto, I can't imagine them dragging her into any other sagas.

Back