• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Starter?

Your favourite starter pokemon?

• Charmander

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Torchic

• Mudkip

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Treecko

• Chimchar

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Piplup

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Turtwig

• Total voters

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Heres the question: Whos ur favorite starter (from all four generations?). Personally my fav are mudkip (cute and evolves into swampert, powerful water/ground physical sweeper), treecko (strong and fastest grass type alive) and probably torchic (blaziken r0xx0r!) and charmander (charizard rules the air!). U can choose any number of them if u like (cos im sure everyone has more than one favourite)!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • First - Charmander, followed by Bulbasaur.
    Second - Totodile hands down.
    Third - Probably Mudkip.
    Forth - toss-up between Piplup and Turtwig.

Overall winner - I'd say Totodile.

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Problem is with Swampert is that it doesn't learn the moves that could make it an ideal Physical sweeper.

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    Why am I the only one to vote for Squirtle?

Years
  • Chikorita>First Pokemon ever
    Treecko>My second Ruby game. The first one ws with Mudkip, deposited him in the PC...
    Piplup>Just...liked...him~

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    My fav. starter would have to be Cyndaquil. As it was my first Pokemon ever. I like the look of Water Type Pokemon in D&P but I don't know anything about it as I don't have a Diamond/Pearl or a DS or have watched the series.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
  • for me its
    kanto: charmander ( my first pokemon ever)
    johto: cyndaquil ( i personally thought he was better than the other two.
    Hoenn: mudkip ( swamperts are just that cool)
    Sinnoh: turtwig and chimchar ( i couldnt choose between them so i just kept both.

Years
  • Bulbasaur was my first starter, but he still comes in a close second to Quilava as being my favorite. Firstly, I love fire types. Second, he's a hedgehog. You can't get much cooler than that! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    Hmm my all time fav. would probably be turtwig even though i have never physically chose him at the start of diamond. I like turtwig because he look cute and charming. But the only thing i don't like about turtwig, grotle, torterra is that they all have sucky special attack so that makes a big disadvantage when it comes to beating the elite four. Next up is charmander because at level 16 he evloves into a pretty good fire type, and then at lvl 36 he evolves into a full-fledged dragon flying and fire monster. Third would be mudkip because it rocks in all the gyms except the last one in emerald, and when it evolves into a marshtomp it is really useful in the third gym (Watson) because electric doesn't affect ground that well. So those are my top 3 favorite starters.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Note that my vote was not cast upon a judgement on strength. I have cast my vote on Piplup. It will always be my favorite.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Treecko and its evolution are really decent and Secptile has the highest stats of all grass starters' full evolution.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Problem is with Swampert is that it doesn't learn the moves that could make it an ideal Physical sweeper.

It's not always filling that role, and have you even seen the standard choice band set? mmm

Anyways So I Heard you Li3k mudkipz?
    Mudkip is my favorite, great OU final evoution, is a water type, and is overall the CUTENESS! lol So yeah my all time fav is mudkip, others are

1st gen, Charmander
    2nd gen, Chikorita
    4th gen, Piplup

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Problem is with Swampert is that it doesn't learn the moves that could make it an ideal Physical sweeper.

ok i was mistaken that it was ideal ps, it is more of a bulky and defensive water/ground type with still gd offense with waterfall, avalanche (or ice punch) as primary offensive moves. i prefer leftovers to choiceband beachboy since its hp stat is quite high and leftovers utilise that.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • ok i was mistaken that it was ideal ps, it is more of a bulky and defensive water/ground type with still gd offense with waterfall, avalanche (or ice punch) as primary offensive moves. i prefer leftovers to choiceband beachboy since its hp stat is quite high and leftovers utilise that.

Again like I said It has it's rolls, swampert 90% of the time is team support/pazer

So Choice band offense is a surprise and therefor unexpectedly powerful.

To stay on topic, Ill say another reason I love mudkip is that it's final evolution swampert is one of the great OUs with one weakness and used in one of my Gym teams here at PC, so that's another reason Mudkip is my favorite, because it owns. Also I like how it has many hack battles over on youtube, they are priceless.

Kairu

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I always like cyndaquil because of his final form.

Back