• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite 2nd evolution Pokemon

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    I found it sad that everyones favorite pokemon is either the last or the first in the evolution stages...So what about the second??

Personally, my favorite would be wartortle<sp??>

What about everyone else??

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Bayleef would be my favorite 2nd evolution. And not because Ash had one...>.> I just like them. :)

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Just remembered this when i saw the person above me's picture. PIKACHU.

I also like Magmar and Electabuzz.

Years
  • Ummm...
    Marshtomp
    Grovyle
    Kirlia (Though I also like Gardevoir)
    Dragonair~ It looks so sleek
    And, of course, Lucario,Skuntank and Honchkrow~

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • Steelix
    Bronzong
    Gastrodon
    Ariados
    Arbok
    Lucario
    Luxio
    Grovyle. (Elegant raptors, ftw. Most people perfer Grovyle over Treecko and Sceptile, but I like all three of them the same.)

Years
  • Quilava, for sure. With Espeon as a close second (though Espeon isn't part of a three-stage evolution line).

I agree. The poor second-stage Pokemon hardly get any glory, especially if they're the second in a set of three Pokemon. Their basic stages are loved for their cuteness, and the final stages are loved because they're powerful and awesome. The middle stages seem like nothing but a transition stage between the cute, adorable stage and the powerful, awesome stage. Me, though... I tend to get really attached to the middle stage, especially with starter Pokemon.

I could also stretch it a little and say Pikachu. Pikachu is technically a second-stage Pokemon (having spawned a pre-evolved form in the Johto generation), but it still feels like a basic Pokemon, having originally started out as one. Pokemon like Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Clefairy don't seem to get the same sort of second-stage neglect as Pokemon like Gloom and Weepinbell, who started out as second-stage Pokemon and have always been second-stage Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Haunter Is my all time favourite stage 2. I wish it had Stage 3 stats :(

Also I like :
    Charmeleon
    Steelix
    Scizor
    Pikachu
    Mr Mime
    Kirlia
    Kadabra

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Quilava, for sure. With Espeon as a close second (though Espeon isn't part of a three-stage evolution line).

I agree. The poor second-stage Pokemon hardly get any glory, especially if they're the second in a set of three Pokemon. Their basic stages are loved for their cuteness, and the final stages are loved because they're powerful and awesome. The middle stages seem like nothing but a transition stage between the cute, adorable stage and the powerful, awesome stage. Me, though... I tend to get really attached to the middle stage, especially with starter Pokemon.

I could also stretch it a little and say Pikachu. Pikachu is technically a second-stage Pokemon (having spawned a pre-evolved form in the Johto generation), but it still feels like a basic Pokemon, having originally started out as one. Pokemon like Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Clefairy don't seem to get the same sort of second-stage neglect as Pokemon like Gloom and Weepinbell, who started out as second-stage Pokemon and have always been second-stage Pokemon.

Dude that is EXACTLY what I was trying to say =]]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I found it sad that everyones favorite pokemon is either the last or the first in the evolution stages...So what about the second??

Personally, my favorite would be wartortle<sp??>

What about everyone else??

Mine is Wartortle too!

Or perhaps Magmar. (funny how it has evolved from being a basic pokémon, through being a top stage pokémon, and now it's a middle stage one)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I like pretty much all the second-stage starters, even more than their first and third stage counterparts, perhaps save for Marshtomp, Grotle, and Prinplup. Quilava is on my fave Pokemon list, no doubt.

Hmm... Dragonair, Flaafy, and Rhydon are a few that I also like, though with Flaafy I like Ampharos more.

Breloom says hello, even though he isn't a 3-stage-evo Pokemon.

Back