• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mentor a newbie

Excellent

Rap/Hip-hop Fan
Years
  • is there anything like that here?

sorry if this is out of place, i'm still really new here, and i don't know all the forums, etc.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Well, not really. We don't have a tour or stick with an experienced member for a day kinda thing. What I could suggest is read the FAQ and that can help you out a lot. :) And the important links for new members (at the bottom) of the New Users sticky should help as well.

All you have to do is follow the Community Rules, maybe post around, just have fun with your interests and such. (Good grammar is a nice plus too) There's plenty of things you can do here at PC... Claims, make friends, post, customize your profile, list goes on and on. Try and explore PokéCommunity and absorb what we have to offer.

I guess, nothing to really 'teach' other what we have available in stickies, rules, FAQ, etc. So, refer to those and search around, maybe make a thread. Same goes here in Community Questions & Feedback, if you're wondering something. Or even message a staff member for help / questions. We'd be pleased to help out. ;D

What I would also suggest is reading the important threads (stickies) of a forum section before posting around in it, that should help you grasp everything better at least. The biggest mistake I see new members make is not reading a specific section's rules. (Which are additional to the Community Rules) All of it seems overwhelming, but it isn't, and pretty simple to understand. Being active and 'getting your feet wet' doesn't hurt. You can make friends and such that way. :D

You'll learn as you grow along with it, that's how it went for me anyway. So, no, there really isn't a 'mentor a newbie' program here at PC. However, you're free to message some experienced members or staff and seek advice and such.

Back