• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn vs. May

Who should win?

• Total voters

The Great Bee Sting

Malicious Madam
Years
  • It's quite obvious at this point that the 2 will face off in the Pokemon contest but who do you want to win? I vote for May! Dawn is too caught up with herself to actually deserve to win and I feel May has worked much harder at this point. She also has an adorable Glaceon and I hope to see how her Squirtle is doing. ^^

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I want Dawn to win. She needs this contest much more than May. But I'm more interested in the dubbing (Plus, I already know who wins. Do your best PUSA!).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    We already know who wins but I will play along. I want May to win because she is a better Cooridinator than Dawn.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Spoiler:

MOD EDIT: Events that are going to happen in future dub episodes are to be enclosed in spoiler tags when being posted outside Japanese episode discussions. - Unown_ -

Last edited by a moderator:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Even though May seems more fit to win, I'd have to go with Dawn. She's not as annoying and boring as May. May is so... unlikeable?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Both are insufferable, annoying, whorish, and catch some of the anime's worst Pokemon.

In comparison, though, May at least has some competence. And she doesn't have the eternal annoyance that is that bloody Piplup...

EDIT: I'm amazed you people don't spoil it yourself. You'd learn so much about the anime...though some of it you might not want to learn...

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Well, pardon me if I was too busy laughing at the anecdotes provided by Misty's attitude more than the clothes she was wearing.

Due to the lack of anecdotes provided by May and Dawn, there's little else to pay attention to (In Dawn's case, that phrase can mean more than one thing. >.>)

Let's examine this further.

In the case of May, she had little fans to start with. People like myself were disappointed with the departure of Misty (and in my case, I was further disappointed by the departure of Togetic in Misty's return in Hoenn. I mean, TRY and put our hopes up...please?), so we weren't feeling the tight leather mess that was May. She sort of grew on you, but the lack of quality in her catches versus the animocity towards her replacing the show's best female character made her hard for me to really be a fan of. Then, in the Battle Frontier arc, just as her team began to become more potent, her personality took a nosedive. The idea of her and Drew was stupid. I mean, sure, it was obvious from day 1, but at the same time, did she HAVE to have a love scene at pretty much every meeting they had? It ruined what little respect I had for her, for me at least.

In the case of Dawn, it's all about her team. Piplup's "I'm that cool kid, and you'll listen to me" 10 year-old attitude pisses me off, as dealing with those people is the biggest headache I've ever faced. Being reminded of that makes my temples ache. The rest of her Pokemon are annoying, barring Ambipom, who should have stayed with Ash, IMO, as Buizel was annoying. Buneary is a floozy, trying to get with Pikachu. Pachirisu, I have no respect for, being Pikachu's...4th wannabe? I lost count. And knowing what I know, I'm STILL pessimistic. As well, Dawn's ATTEMPTS at anecdotes are about as funny as the logic behind how Team Rocket gets the budget for the robots and mechanisms it uses to utterly fail. The concept is the same; it's dry, pointless, makes no sense to be there in the first place, and utterly fails.

Both are insufferable floozies for YxZ fanfics and serve no purpose other than to attempt to come up to the unmatchable plateau that is Misty. I mean, sure, their Pokemon did MUCH more than Misty's ever have or will, but at least Misty had so much personality to appreciate that you didn't care how short her skirt was, or how pathetic her team was.

End rant.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • DonRoyale: Misty being the best is an opinion. She didn't do anything anyway. Her Togepi drained her personality. It was killed with that thing. At least Dawn and May do something other than be talking background.

Back on Topic: Go Dawn!

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • Well, pardon me if I was too busy laughing at the anecdotes provided by Misty's attitude more than the clothes she was wearing.

Due to the lack of anecdotes provided by May and Dawn, there's little else to pay attention to (In Dawn's case, that phrase can mean more than one thing. >.>)

Let's examine this further.

In the case of May, she had little fans to start with. People like myself were disappointed with the departure of Misty (and in my case, I was further disappointed by the departure of Togetic in Misty's return in Hoenn. I mean, TRY and put our hopes up...please?), so we weren't feeling the tight leather mess that was May. She sort of grew on you, but the lack of quality in her catches versus the animocity towards her replacing the show's best female character made her hard for me to really be a fan of. Then, in the Battle Frontier arc, just as her team began to become more potent, her personality took a nosedive. The idea of her and Drew was stupid. I mean, sure, it was obvious from day 1, but at the same time, did she HAVE to have a love scene at pretty much every meeting they had? It ruined what little respect I had for her, for me at least.

In the case of Dawn, it's all about her team. Piplup's "I'm that cool kid, and you'll listen to me" 10 year-old attitude pisses me off, as dealing with those people is the biggest headache I've ever faced. Being reminded of that makes my temples ache. The rest of her Pokemon are annoying, barring Ambipom, who should have stayed with Ash, IMO, as Buizel was annoying. Buneary is a floozy, trying to get with Pikachu. Pachirisu, I have no respect for, being Pikachu's...4th wannabe? I lost count. And knowing what I know, I'm STILL pessimistic. As well, Dawn's ATTEMPTS at anecdotes are about as funny as the logic behind how Team Rocket gets the budget for the robots and mechanisms it uses to utterly fail. The concept is the same; it's dry, pointless, makes no sense to be there in the first place, and utterly fails.

Both are insufferable floozies for YxZ fanfics and serve no purpose other than to attempt to come up to the unmatchable plateau that is Misty. I mean, sure, their Pokemon did MUCH more than Misty's ever have or will, but at least Misty had so much personality to appreciate that you didn't care how short her skirt was, or how pathetic her team was.

End rant.

Or how she herself never did much besides sit on the sidelines and cheer Ash on? Sorry pal, my brain isn't on that much drugs, er, personality.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    In the case of May, she had little fans to start with.

lol, what? When Hoenn was airing for the first time, May's character was extremely popular. I remember visiting Pokemon forums when the Hoenn saga was new and May was always well liked.

Likewise, Dawn is fairly popular now too.

Back