• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Ketchum: Master or Moron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • i have been watching the pokemon anime over the past few days/weeks and i notice that Ash Ketchum is a Moron. He has all these chances to catch pokemon and hit oppntents weak points but no. He lets all these pokemon go.(One piece of advice. Catch them so you can be a pokemon master) and when he battles gym leaders he dosen't pick the right pokemon like when the enemy is down he dosen't attack it.

I'm not sure if anyone else has notice but i think he is the stupidest trainer erver i am proberly better than him.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    "Moron" is a strong word you got there. Be careful in your choice of words Jayster23...

Good things about Ash: He has a freakin' shiny Noctowl!; Good determination & confidence. Powerfully insane Pokemon(1st gen & Third gen only...); sometimes comes up with an awesome strategy; works well under pressure; headstrong; chooses Pokemon with a disadvantage over the Pokemon of his adversaries to test his Pokemon skill.

Bad things: He is impatient; his confidence & achievements gets the better of him;he doesn't evolve his Pokemon that quickly for the advantage;doesn't capture powerful Pokemon unlike Garry.

Pretty much... He is both.lol.rotflol.xD.:laugh:

Years
  • sorry is he a Pokemon Master or a Pokemon Dummy

and thanks for your opinion XD but you have to say he is pretty Stupid

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    and thanks for your opinion XD but you have to say he is pretty Stupid
    Again with these words...
    Well, yeah, maybe he is :cross-eye.
    I mean he didn't capture the injured Zapdos when it was weakened by TR!

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • Doesn't this belong in the pokemon anime forums? Anyway, yeah, there are times when Ash just makes stupid mistakes and looks like...a "moron." But I still enjoy him overall as a character, he's better then Dawn XD.

Years
  • but why wouldn't you catch it there is like 50 of them maybe more Lugia are Breeding taht's only in games when their is only one so why not catch it when you wanna be come a Pokemon Master.

Gary is why better than ash why don't Nintendo make a spin-off Gary edition(Yes i know it's a hack)

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • but why wouldn't you catch it there is like 50 of them maybe more Lugia are Breeding taht's only in games when their is only one so why not catch it when you wanna be come a Pokemon Master.

Gary is why better than ash why don't Nintendo make a spin-off Gary edition(Yes i know it's a hack)

Well Gary is coming back to the anime for a few episodes like May, isn't he?

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    He's both. That's what makes him a genious.

Uh, not at all. I seriously think that Ash is the worst Pokémon Trainer you'll ever meet. As a player, you catch a lot more Pokémon than he does, plus, you train them better and you'll rarely release the best ones, like he did.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • Come on, you cant compare the Pokemon Anime to real life. I think personally in Pokemon world status, Ash is a Nomal Trainer.

He has the ambition to become a Pokemon Master, He can come up with preety good strategies in tough moments, He loves and cares for his Pokemon, He has dumb moments (Who doesn't?)

I'm not saying Ash is a Master, no he isn't. He's just a normal Trainer.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • Come on, you cant compare the Pokemon Anime to real life. I think personally in Pokemon world status, Ash is a Nomal Trainer.

He has the ambition to become a Pokemon Master, He can come up with preety good strategies in tough moments, He loves and cares for his Pokemon, He has dumb moments (Who doesn't?)

I'm not saying Ash is a Master, no he isn't. He's just a normal Trainer.

That's true. I mean, c'mon he's like 10 or something, don't expect too much.

Years
  • *Pokemon walks by*
    "Hey, is that a Pokemon?!?"
    If he's been a Pokemon Trainer for this long, he should know what a Pokemon is..
    But, he's 10. When I was 10 I barely thunk.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • *Pokemon walks by*
    "Hey, is that a Pokemon?!?"
    If he's been a Pokemon Trainer for this long, he should know what a Pokemon is..
    But, he's 10. When I was 10 I barely thunk.

You barely thought when you were 10. lol.

Anyway, what will be even more funny is in Pokemon Movie 12, he'll probably have the chance to catch Arceus...and he'll probably be like...."nah......."

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    You barely thought when you were 10. lol.
    You know I think he put thunk to show how little he thought when he was 10 :laugh:
    EDIT: And yes Ash is quite a dope, I mean he has beaten over 24 Gyms with his pikachu and it still loses to people like Paul

Last edited:

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
  • i have been watching the pokemon anime over the past few days/weeks and i notice that Ash Ketchum is a Moron. He has all these chances to catch pokemon and hit oppntents weak points but no. He lets all these pokemon go.(One piece of advice. Catch them so you can be a pokemon master) and when he battles gym leaders he dosen't pick the right pokemon like when the enemy is down he dosen't attack it.

I'm not sure if anyone else has notice but i think he is the stupidest trainer erver i am proberly better than him.

I personally think that he has both good and bad traits. Some of the good traits would be he is very determined, he has experience(to some extent), he's very friendly, and get along well with his Pokemon(most of the time). Then there are the things about him being very impatient, way too confident, and boasts a lot about achievements. So he has some good and bad qualities. But in the end of it all he is still a good trainer.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I completely agree I say the same things when watching the Movies he has millions of chances to catch a legendary yet he lets them go.....

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • I actually don't think Ash is a moron at all. He may let good chances slide away, but his intentions are always good.

He may let legendaries go free, but it's usually after an evil group tries to capture it, and Ash fights for its freedom! Catching the legendary after that would seem a little bit hypocritical (in my opinion at least).

He's not a moron, but morale just hinders him a bit.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • The think I dislike in Ash is that it's never going to grow. You should have seen him compared to pike queen Lucy XD ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back