• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?Community Rules and Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
Years
But... But! Aren't you allowed to ask your friends to mod?
Because you can't go in your sig:
Join my forums! Also, ScArLetSkye, could you please join and be an admin? Same with you Legendary_Pok?girl?

Because if we did that, it would be unfair...

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
Years
OK. That works! Thanks Satoshi! Australian helping Australian! Wonderful! XD
So the PM would go:
Scarlet,
Could you mod my forums? The link is in my sig...

-Batesy

Right?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yeah... the rule is only in place to stop people from PMing random members with a message like, "Join my forums! <forum url>" Those get really annoying... but since you would be PMing a friend or someone that you know, it would be okay in that situation. ^_^;

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
And where's the "Dont Make a Thread Asking for a Trainer Card!" Rule? XD

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
There should be enough stickies around for them to realize that...

Glad to see the rules are up now. ^^;

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
JKaizer said:
There should be enough stickies around for them to realize that...

I know... But they DONT read the Stickies and made Request at the stickied thread -.-;;

aRedMoon

Years
The sticky was put in Newbie land because there was a time when there were a bunch of threads in there asking for Cards. Aussy got tired of them, and I wrote up that sticky.[/colro]

aRedMoon

Years
Hopefully, now that they have their own forum, it won't happen much anymore. ~^-^~

/me twirls hair

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
Satoshi-kun said:
Who started the entire craze anyway? I'm looking to sue the responsible person.
Okay, I'm only joking at that point. The topics appearing everywhere is just angering me though. Questions and Feedback, Technical Institute, where else? @@;;

Ack! Dont kill me and Tendo XD
That is what I was talking about... There are threads everywhere o.o

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
Years
Lol, I'm sure the TCfad is almost over, but then some other new fad'll come instead (remeber the spoiler buttons?) I got a pm once or twice asking how to make a spoiler...

puni puni~

aRedMoon

Years
??

There is no way to stop it. If you want it to die out, then too bad, because it isn't happening. There are continuously, especially with the free templates out now, people asking for opinions on how they did.

It isn't something you can just stop with 2 clicks of a button.

(And BTW, I still get asked how to make "those little buttons")

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
Years
I know, I get pm's like that all the time!
Spoiler: seriously...

heh, I have an idea, but it's in the works. I SERIOUSLY doubt it'll become popular, but hey, look at Quizzila! (Gomen Ne for "advertising") or the guy who made underwear.
I mean, only time will tell until the next big thing hits PC...

puni puni~

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
Satoshi-kun said:
Who started the entire craze anyway? I'm looking to sue the responsible person.
I posted the below reply in the TCard thread that was posted in the Questions & Feedback section of PC. I guess you missed it... So, to answer your question:

Satoshi-kun said:
Trainer Cards was a craze. A craze which sopmeone started. They, unlike Pok?mon, don't last very long. But why promote it so it lasts forever? It's a mere joke.
1st off, I started the "fad" as you like to call it & whether it truly is a "fad" remains to be seen. You can't actually call anything a fad until it has died, unless of course your stating your opinion. Is that what your doing Satoshi-kun, stating your opinion?

Furthermore, I'm not sure if you were referring to the sub-forum or the TCards, but either way, I don't appreciate my "fad" being called a "mere joke". I put a lot of time & effort into making TCards for people when I 1st introduced them to PC. Though I no longer make them for people, JKaizer is currently continuing my efforts & it should be noted he is also spending a lot of time making TCards.

Maybe you didn't realize this, but TCards have been beneficial to PC. How you may ask? - New members. When I was still making TCards I got so many PMs from people who had just registered wanting a TCard. They'd ask, "Hi! I'm from Serebii forums. I hear your making cards for people here at PC... Can you plz make me one?", or something very similar. Sometimes I still get the occasional new member PM TCard request.

TCards aren't just for getting new members to register to whatever board they are being made on though. Members love them because they express their love for Pokemon in a more personal way via card customization - B-dates, Real names, Pets name, Fav Pokemon, Hobbies, etc.

So *Takes a deep breath* I wish you wouldn't make light of something I'm proud of creating. *Breaths out*

Satoshi-kun said:
Okay, I'm only joking at that point. The topics appearing everywhere is just angering me though. Questions and Feedback, Technical Institute, where else? @@;;
Come now Satoshi-kun, this is a Pokemon forum after all. I'm sure you know that the majority of the posters here are around 9 - 12 years old. Short attention span anyone? They find it boring to read FAQs & Rule threads. They prefer figuring out things as they go rather than save themselves from being scorned by Admins. I'm not saying that?s right, but little annoyances like that do come along with being a part of a forum geared towards younger kids.

Why am I even saying all this? I don't know... I guess I'm in a "Give Satoshi-kun a hard time" mood or something. XD

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Years
Err... thanks. >_>

We're both stuck in the little subforum for the darn cards. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back