• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Corpse] Ho-oh's Incoherent Blank Continuum

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • The long-awaited Corpse. Yeah, I did lose my part but I rewrote it in a few minutes. So screw it.

-----------------------------

A great white light washed over the waking city of Ecruteak. As it shone over the citizens, its warm and comforting glow calmed them.

"Ho-oh's back!" A surprised baker cried as he lifted his head to the source of the light, an old, burnt-out tower near the edge of town.

A rallying cry of joy resounded through the city as the citizens realised what the light signified, the return of the legendary Pokémon, Ho-oh.

But, even in these festivities, there was one person not celebrating. That one person was the Gym Leader of the city, Morty.

How can people be celebrating so…thoughtlessly? He thought in disgust. For all anyone could know, this could be a fake!
    Morty sighed with resignation as a young child ambled up to him and said, "Hey, Mister Morty! Why aren't you celebrating? Ho-oh's back!"

"Heh." He laughed simply. "Maybe I just don't think it's Ho-oh." Morty laughed again as he walked off towards the Tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phil has to know about this…He should be on my side. Morty thought to himself as he trudged towards a cottage near the Burnt Tower. Phil, the historian mayor of Ecruteak City, lived there.

Ding, ding, ding! Morty rang the bell and heard slippers being slid across the floor as the door opened. A partly bald head peered at him before smiling broadly and opening the outer door.

"Morty! How are ya? I've just been preparing myself to make a speech at the city meting today! Hoh-oh's back, you know!" He laughed excitedly as he said this.

"Look, Phil," Morty began, "I've got a bad feeling about this"

Phil looked at Morty, puzzled. "But…but…Ho-oh's back! Why should you be unhappy?"

"Well, for starters, the reason Ho-oh would come back," Morty said. "I wouldn't go back to anywhere I'd lost a massive battle to my mortal enemy."

Phil was taken aback, not expecting a proper answer. "W-well...Uhm…"

"Look, do you have any records of the battle?" Morty asked exsparantly.

"The battle between the two legendaries? Hell yeah!" Phil laughed and ran into his study. Morty waited patiently until, suddenly, there was a loud 'thump' noise. Morty leapt up and looked around. He crept silently across the room into the study, which remained silent.

-------------------
    Oky-doky! It's all ready! Next person can post their bit now!

Last edited:

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
    Years
  • [FONT=&quot]He closed the door behind him. He was now standing in the windowless, pitch-dark study.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Suddenly, he was blinded by a bright light. Through squinted eyes, he saw a Latios sitting before him in a chair (folded quite awkwardly so that he could fit its confines). The dragon possessed a pair of sunglasses perched on what little he had for a nose.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Do you have zee package?" the Pokémon whispered urgently in a thickly-accented voice.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Yeah, you bet I do! How much will you pay-"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Silence! There will be time for that later! Do you not remember? There are zee…unwanted ones." the Latios seethed. "We must leave at once!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The dragon flopped out his uncomfortable chair and rose to a levitating position. He rocketed forward, only to crash into the closed-door of the study. His sunglasses flew off of his face and he crumpled to the wooden floor. Undeterred, he shot back up.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I am fine! This is for zee people. They must know zee truth, they must get zee package! This is not about us anymore, it is for the greater good: zee people!" the crazed Pokémon declared as he snatched up his glasses with a stubby claw and repositioned them on his face.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Boss…I mean…um…okay," he replied to the dragon, feeling the color drain from his face. Sometimes he wondered what his employers did with their spare time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He threw open the office door and stepped out into a darkened room with the Latios following. The two pressed themselves against a cold, metal wall and inched their way along. For some strange reason this act gave them a certain sense of security.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, this sense turned out to be false. Across the room, a figure could be made out. They held a curious spherical object. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A second later, they hurled the object at the Latios. He dodged it swiftly and threw out an accusation of "Fascist!" before jumping the offender. What followed was a collection of horrified screams with Latios preaching over them, "You hurt zee people! You enslave them! I shall destroy you in the name of zee people, zee people, zee people ZEE PEOPLE!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In a single instant, the figure went silent. "Fascist," Latios grunted one last time in satisfaction.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The employee breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that the victim was clothed in darkness. However, he was quick to forget about this ordeal. Latios rose from the corpse and flew onward.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He exited the room with Latios, holding the package: the last hope for the people's future.[/FONT]

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • He exited the room with Latios, holding the package: the last hope for people's future. "Are you sure that what's in that box can save all of humanity?" Asked Latios, eyeing his trainer with reasonable skepticism.

"I'd bet my life on it," said our hero, "and in fact, that's exactly what I intend to do."

He turned to Latios and asked calmly, "Just wondering, if you were a person and it was placed on your shoulders to save the world, what would you bring with you?"

"Well, assuming I was a trainer I'd bring my strongest Pokémon, and a lot of Max Revives, Full Heals, and Hyper Potions. However, that'd only be if I were trying to create a dramatic effect. If I were thinking realistically, I'd probably bring a really big gun."

"And fortunately," said the protagonist as he opened the package, "That's exactly what this is!"

Our hero removed from the package a sawed-off 10 gauge shotgun, fully loaded and ready to kick some evil-doing ass. "Let's go save the world, pal!"

They ran out of the building they had been standing in, and started heading towards the Viridian City Gym. The streets of Viridian City were ominously quiet, and not only because it was midnight. In those days no one so much as dared to leave the house out of fear of Team Rocket, the mob's power was at its all-time highest. If something wasn't done soon, all that mankind held dear would crumble (or simply blow up if they weren't so lucky). The police were completely hopeless when compared to the immense power of the Rockets, so they had no choice but to place their fate into something even better than hope: gunpowder.

Our heroes finally arrived at the Gym, and burst through the door as loudly as they could. Giovanni stood at the other side of the small arena, and let out a generic yet creepily intimidating laugh. "Well, if it isn't the only obstacle between me and my goal of destroying the world and everything in it! Are you ready to lose?"

"I'll never allow your absurd and irrational plan to be completed! Let's settle this once and for all, Giovanni!"

"Very well, then!" Shouted Giovanni as he removed a single Pokéball from his suit pocket. He tossed it out into the middle of the arena and shouted, "Go, Nidoking!"

After a glaring red light appeared and vanished, a fully grown and probably steroid-aided Nidoking appeared with a deafening roar. This bellowing noise was more than intimidating enough to strike fear into the hearts of all who weren't carrying firearms. With a look of confidence on his face, our hero shouted, "Eat lead, you stupid Pokémon!"

The violent blast echoed throughout the entire arena as every single piece of shot penetrated Nidoking's chest. The amount of blood that came forth was too great to be tastefully described, so vivid description will be omitted. It will be said, however, that Nidoking fell dead on the floor.

Giovanni was completely stunned, and he didn't manage to speak until several seconds later, "Wait, you can just shoot Pokémon? All these years went by and no one bothered to tell me that!"

After saying this, Giovanni began to sweat profusely. "How can this be happening? My plan was perfect! Where did I go wrong?!"

As our hero started to load another shell, he took on his most dramatically effective voice and said, "My guess is that you went wrong when you crossed paths with a gun-toting trainer who isn't afraid to bend the rules a little!"

"This is impossible…What about my destiny?!"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't give a damn about your destiny. Do you have any last words before I blow your brains out?"

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • She took a step back. In all her time in this glorious quest to save the world (or something like that), Serenity had never expected things to end like this. Her amethyst eyes fell on the barrel of the gun. The Galactic grunt used no pokémon, no special devices, no clever plots. All he used was the gun and those words.

"What you're doing is wrong," she said. Yet, even as she said them, they stumbled across her lips in barely above a mumble.

His thumb moved to the hammer, and it fell with a click. He narrowed his golden eyes at her. She cringed, her mouth hanging open slightly as she continued to stare at that gun. Every part of her felt cold and numb, and try as she might, she couldn't bring herself to grab one of the balls at her waist – not the legendary lugia (who joined her to help her fulfill her purpose), not her espeon (who evolved from her starter), not the raichu (who had already been shot once by the same gun). No one. She was alone.

Taking a deep breath, the words of the prophecy echoed through her mind. If she didn't get past this one grunt, what would happen? Darkness? Destruction? Pursing her lips, she felt her eyes water. Swallowing hard, she did her best to keep herself from showing any sign of fear. She knew what she had to do.

"You're wrong," she repeated with slightly more confidence. "He's going to capture Dialga and Palkia!"

The grunt shrugged. "So?"

Serenity pursed her lips. She never expected to spend this much time to explain herself to, of all things, a grunt. If anything, she was expecting to be stopped this long by one of the commanders, not the first grunt she came across at the base of Mt. Coronet.

"So, aren't you afraid of what he's doing?" she asked. "He's destroying the world!"

For a second time, the grunt shrugged. "To make way for a better one. Why the hell do you care anyway? Don't you want a better world?"

"Well, yeah…" She shifted on her feet. "But just wrecking everything…"

"You do what you have to," the grunt replied calmly. So calmly, in fact, that it sent a shiver down Serenity's spine. "Now, you've got two choices, pipsqueak. Get the **** off this mountain and forget you saw anything, or I pull the trigger, toss your body over the mountainside, and pretend you slipped. The ceremony's gonna start soon, so what's it gonna be?"

Serenity hesitated. Her violet eyes stared at the gun before trailing up to the grunt's face. She felt so small compared to him, and in many ways, she was. After all, she was only a teenager, and this was an adult with a gun. Yet, the prophecy chose her. She had the mystic ability to talk to pokémon and read minds and all kinds of other things, and it was her duty to stop the ceremony. The legendaries chose her, and she wasn't about to let them down.

Fixing her expression into a glare, she plucked a ball from her belt – Lugia's ball, the one who would be able to help her end this once and for all. With a click, it enlarged, gently pushing her fingers back to make room for it. She was the Chosen One. It wasn't like the Chosen One to just back down.

The grunt narrowed his eyes at the ball firmly held in her hand. With a sigh, he shook his head.

"Suit yourself."

With that, he pulled the trigger, and all she heard was a bang.

In her head, she heard Mew's voice: Maybe we should stop entrusting the fate of the world to a teenager.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • "Oh yeah?" Abigail snapped. "Perhaps you should try to save the world yourself sometime, learn how difficult it is. You know, seeing as how you have all the answers all the time. It's pretty easy to sit back and criticize me when you don't have to lift a finger yourself."

Mew's eyes took on a dangerous light. Child, I don't believe you understand the true weight of things. Listen closely to what I am about to tell you. Abby didn't want to, but Mew's voice in her mind was unavoidable. This world is both significant and insignificant in the scheme of the universe. It is significant because it is the only viable home of trillions of beings, all of whom would cease to exist should this Earth be destroyed. However, it is but a grain of sand on an infinite beach: countless other worlds exist, and all are threatened. While the loss of any one world would be inexpressibly grievous, the loss of all would be infinitely so. That said, there is something you don't know about me: I am but one of many Mews. There are countless others, all working to counteract evil. We have each been assigned a planet to protect, and we share a central power to do so. The power is vast but limited: if any of us uses too much of it, other worlds would suffer from the resulting depletion of energy. The pokemon paused, closing his faintly-glimmering blue eyes and breathing deeply. My true task here is not to fight, but to condition one native being--you, specifically--to do so. I thought I saw promise in you when I first arrived on Earth, and that is why I originally chose you to be this world's guardian, but now I am not so sure you are meant for the task. I could find another, probably should find another, but it may be too late now.

"So you're saying you can't help me fight because you don't have enough power?"

If you wish to interpret it that way, yes.

Abigail clenched her fists. "If I'm the powerful one, then why should I have to take flak from a tiny pink weakling when I don't do things his way?" She hadn't intended to make it sound like a threat, but looking back she felt a kind of rebellious satisfaction in finding that the phrase had come out as one.

Dear, sweet little girl…you still don't understand. Mew's mental voice was a sigh, not so much sarcastic as tired. I am the only thing holding this world together: my assigned portion of the central power is a hem in the otherwise unraveling fabric of Earth's frail existence. I am as an Ariados holding tight the fluttering threads of a damaged web: If I should die, or my influence cease, the world would simply dissolve. Do not seek to contest your might against my own. The very fact that you would attempt to do so is why you don't currently have strength like mine, and is one of the reasons I am reconsidering my faith in you. Genuine power can only be found with a complete sacrifice of self. I am wholly devoted to my task…my attentions are never upon my own wishes or desires or even needs. Therefore, my life is not mine: instead, it belongs to the inhabitants of this world. Only by adopting a similar mindset can you fill your role as guardian.

Abigail pondered for a moment. "Complete sacrifice of self…you mean like not caring what happens to me, as long as I defeat the Steel Legion?" The girl shuddered involuntarily at the thought of that massive dirge of metal horrors.

Mew was nodding. Correct.

"If I wasn't paying attention to myself, I could certainly extend beyond my normal limits..." Abby stared at her hands. "But what if I get injured, or even die in the process? Why would I risk killing myself to create a better condition for Earth that I then couldn't even be a part of?"

Mew's eyes gleamed, and Abby could have sworn the pokemon's expression was one of delight: quite out of place, considering the conversation at hand. That is the question you should have been asking yourself all along, and only you can know the answer, he thought back cryptically. Perhaps you can save us, after all…With this, he vanished.

Abby stared at the blank space where Mew had just been floating. "Only I can know the...could he stop being so freaking confusing?" She shook her head, and slapped her forehead a few times. Then she froze, her hand hovering poised in front of her face. "Only I can know the answer…to why I would risk dying to save the world? I have to decide what in this world is worth dying for? Is that it?"

Abigail almost laughed: it was a notion she had confronted only in things like books and movies. The heroes of those tales would always have something besides themselves that they fought for, that they were committed to saving or keeping safe. Abby had never really thought she would need to come up with something like that herself. Of course, she had never expected to be in the position of "hero," either. "This is so ridiculous," she mumbled, and then actually did laugh. It was beyond ridiculous. The events of the past few days as a whole could better be described as thoroughly and unquestionably insane.

She didn't have any more time to think. The air around her suddenly erupted with an ear-splitting, screeching roar that was so intense it made her vision dance. A huge blue sphere materialized amidst the street in front of her, the intense light emanating from the object shaming even the sun and illuminating the surrounding city in an ethereal glow that painted flickering shadows at unnatural angles on walls and avenues. The blue light pulsed once, twice, and evaporated in a cloud of luminescent particles to reveal the last thing Abigail wanted to see: Dialga. The armor-clad, draconic monarch of the Steel Legion roared again, and Abby clapped her hands to her ears while simultaneously calling out to Celebi with her mind, asking the time-travelling pokemon for her armor and weapons. The objects arrived from the time period she had left them in precisely one second after she sent the message, and she hastily began putting on the Ceramitanium plates intended to protect her from harm. Then she clipped a trio of flame grenades to her waist, and picked up the rifle-sized L7 Flame Emitter that she had come to despise so much, but needed so desperately. Decked out, she tried to calm her suddenly racing heart and agitated nerves and waited for Dialga to make the first move.

The time-controlling dragon didn't attack immediately, to the young woman's surprise. He wasn't even looking at her. Instead, he was gazing at the city surrounding him, at the concrete walkways and buildings, at the cars, at the people fleeing and screaming or simply staring in shock and disbelief. After a few moments, he spoke, his voice metallic and harsh, but with a rich prose comparable to Mew's. "Sickening, is it not? How your kind has corrupted the good Earth with the plague of your technology, covering all with cold, hard stone and wretched machinations of metal and plastic and glass?"

He paused, and Abby realized that he actually expected an answer. "I don't think so," she said, but couldn't help hesitating. "I like cities," she added lamely.

"But you would," Dialga replied. "For you are, after all, only human." He sighed, a rasping sound like a large metal blade spinning to a stop. "Come here, young one."

The order was unexpected and odd. Abby's finger strayed to the trigger of her weapon. What was this monster thinking? There was no way she would voluntarily move closer than she needed.

"I wish to show you something," Dialga said. "Please. You have my word that you will not be harmed."

After nearly a minute of shock at the pokemon's sudden gentleness, and after another of intense deliberation, Abby took in a sharp breath and began to slowly step towards the blue-and-gray creature. She kept the muzzle of the L7 aimed directly at Dialga's head: if he so much as blinked, she would unleash a fiery torrent against him. He kept perfectly still, however, and she suddenly found that she was so close that she could reach out and touch the being's glistening blue scales if she so desired. She didn't.

"This will be loud," Dialga stated, and then another horrible roar erupted forth from his gaping jaws. A blue glow lit everything, and then the city rippled as time abruptly surged faster. Buildings rose and fell like waves on a beach, hundreds of years passing in the blink of an eye. Architecture developed exponentially quickly, becoming more and more exotic and beautiful with each passing moment. Abby gasped: she had never seen anything more fantastic.

Then, the city suddenly and unexpectedly ceased to be. Left in its place was a pile of rubble surrounded by a dry and empty desert: no indicator of the glorious buildings remained aside from the detritus. As time rushed on, the desert overcame the rubble, sweeping away the last trace of civilization.

Dialga roared once more, and the blue glow disappeared. Abigail was struck with a sudden blast of overly hot, dry air, and she flinched. The two stood together in the burning sand, mortal enemies, looking in every direction. Abby was bewildered: Dialga simply appeared sad.

"What happened?" the girl asked. "Where's the city?"

"Gone," Dialga answered quietly. "Destroyed. Obliterated. What you see is what remains of Earth after a global war fought between the different societies of humankind. It is similar to this everywhere: empty, silent, harsh desert." The dragon looked down at her. "At this time, we are the only two living things on the planet."

Abby blanched. "You can't be serious," she declared. The girl took a few steps forward, examining the ground, then walked a different direction, and then another. She eventually stopped, dug a shallow hole, and proceeded to dig one more. Not even so much as an insect. Abby sat down on the sand in stunned silence for a long time, staring at nothing.

Dialga watched her revelation with a face seemingly carved from stone. "This is where the technology of your race will eventually lead: the dereliction of Earth." He spoke with an edge of vehemence in his voice, as if chastising a child. Abigail put a hand over her mouth, and started shaking. Dialga's face softened. "Please don't…" he whispered to her. But she did: she started crying. The pokemon looked away. It was hard enough trying to justify annihilating the human race without being reminded that they were thinking creatures, capable of feeling love, anger, fear, sorrow...But their actions would eventually bring about this future, unless there was some kind of intervention, and therefore he had no choice. Their very nature brought about the fate he must visit upon them. His features hardened again, and he wished desperately that he could will his heart to do the same. "Enough," he rumbled. "We are going--"

"This is why you hate us," Abigail interrupted, turning her head to look up into Dialga's ferocious red eyes, her face still glittered with tears. "This is why you want to kill us. I had no idea…" She glanced around again soberly. "There's…nothing…"

"All is sand, all is dust," Dialga lamented after a few moments of silence, gazing off towards the horizon. "No more is the glassy shore, the verdant glen, the mountain awash with lavender sunrise. The sound of rain upon leaves is vanished, as is the hush of wind through grass. Life in all its vibrancy has ceased, each member in the infinite orchestration of souls extinguished forever, from the lowly Ratatta to the behemoth Kyogre. Their absence roars in the silence, and the dark is made greater for the lack of their light." The dragon closed his eyes, and his next words seemed to be more for his convincing than Abigail's. "You must understand that I cannot allow this future, this abomination, to come to pass. Humanity must be purged so that the world can go on. It is a costly price, but a necessary one."

"Surely some agreement can be made, or some kind of precautions taken?" Abby pressed. "There must be a way besides destroying us. Perhaps you could ask Jirachi to intervene when we start fighting?"

"And if the war is not stopped, but only delayed? No." Dialga stretched to his full, imposing height, his voice adamant. "The world is much too valuable to take that kind of chance. Jirachi will grant me but one wish, and she transcends time and space: therefore, I will not be able to simply reverse time and wish again if my first attempt should fail, if humanity should still bring about this doom. I must not hold back the first time, for it will also be my last." The beast looked sidelong at Abigail, an awkward gesture that would have made the young woman laugh out loud in any other circumstances. "If you so wish it, I will have Jirachi exclude you from her attentions when she carries out my design of ruin against your people. You seem somewhat unlike the others…I do not recognize the same lust for destruction in you."

Abby almost said "no" immediately, but she paused with her mouth partially open. The task of saving the world was suddenly unclear: what world was she intended to save? Should she protect the world of humans, knowing that they could eventually destroy Earth anyways? Or should she defend the world of life outside of the race of men, at the cost of humanity itself? Dialga unexpectedly roared then, and Abigail jumped as they began rushing backwards in time, surrounded in the familiar blue glow. She would need to make up her mind quickly, for if her guess was correct, they were about to meet Jirachi.

Dialga was fast. Abigail found herself being left behind even as she sprinted after the dragon, following him to what she could only assume was Jirachi's resting place. He fled even as the blue glow still faded from around them: Abby knew she needed to be faster if she was going to keep pace.

One threat with the L7 later, and she had a hover car. Even this was nearly not quick enough to keep up with her target, but she pushed the retro-gravity engine to its groaning, grinding limits, and managed to keep the dragon in view. They raced over various forms of terrain for nearly an hour, until they came to the foot of a mountain. Dialga raced straight toward the rocky base, and then disappeared into a nearly unnoticeable cave just as Abigail thought he would dash himself against the stones. She leapt out of the hover car, rolled to dampen the impact, and then was up and pursuing at a full-on run: Mew's training was nothing if not excellent. Her ride crashed against a boulder just as she cleared the mouth of the cavern.

Abby navigated a series of tunnels, following the pale blue radiance that emitted from Dialga. The titanic pokemon had been forced to slow down in the compact avenues of the cave; however, the girl still found it difficult to keep up.

At last, she came to a colossal chamber: in the very center was a faceted pillar wrought of blue metal which was illuminated at regular intervals by glowing white designs set into its surface. Dialga was standing directly in front of this. Abigail realized that the dragon was muttering something as she raced to his side: however, she did not recognize the language he was speaking. Entranced, she stood behind and to his side, and then suddenly gasped as the metal obelisk opened like a mechanical flower along the glowing lines to reveal a small yellow-and-white figure.

Jirachi. The tiny pokemon opened her eyes, and then floated out of her resting place without the use of any visible means. She hovered at Dialga's eye level, studied his face with a serene expression for a few moments, and then spoke in a soft voice. "O Dragon of Time, I am Jirachi, Wish-Maker. What is it you would ask of me?"

"O Jirachi, Granter of Wishes." Dialga returned the greeting. "I would ask one thing: I have a Doom Desire against a race of this earth. I have found a tendency for destruction in humans, and humbly ask that you would purge the world of their presence."

"Dialga, Diamond-Born, are you certain that this is your wish? The fulfillment of a Doom Desire would require the sacrifice of your life."

The daze that had overcome Abigail from the outset of the mysterious exchange instantly vaporized. "What?" she gasped.

Dialga looked at her. "And spare this young woman as you fulfill my wish, if you would," he said.

"Wait!" Abby shouted, and lifted the L7. "Just wait! I need to…to think for a minute."

"Remaining while the rest of your kind does not…I can see that it would be a difficult decision," Dialga answered sympathetically, his eyes burning crimson in the relative dark surrounding them. It seemed there was a deeper understanding behind his words than he let on. "This I will allow."

Abigail knew she had stalled as long as she could. It was time to decide, then. Oppose Dialga, expose herself to his wrath, and possibly die during the fight? Or, if she won, most likely doom the world to humanity's future war? Or should she side with Dialga, accept his invitation to live, and allow him to prevent the global battle that would otherwise destroy Earth…but watch him obliterate mankind in the process? The dragon seemed so upright in his decision…he was even willing to sacrifice his life for his cause. Was this heroism in progress? Was this perhaps the type of being that Mew should have sought from the outset? Possibly, but then again…

"I do not wish the world to be destroyed," Abby said slowly, gauging each word. "However, I also can't let you destroy the human race." It felt as though she had gone momentarily mad: she was thoroughly ignoring the voice of self-preservation that was screaming in the back of her mind. "I have become somewhat distant from people these past few years out of necessity, but that does not change the fact that I am still one of them." She lifted her L7 in a combat-ready stance. The weapon shook in her hands, but her aim was steady enough to trust. "Dialga. I have made my decision. You will not have your Doom Desire fulfilled while I am still alive, although I admire your resolve."

It was interesting, Abigail mused. Putting her life on the line as she knew she was doing required a certain level of detachment from the logical part of her brain. She realized that true heroes must have a way of not thinking when circumstances demanded. The resulting sensation was a kind of giddiness, as though she had just been dosed with laughing gas. It was both comfortable and frightening, but the latter feeling she simply chose to ignore as she did her better judgment.

Dialga seemed surprised by her final statement, but then the expression was gone in a flash, hidden behind a mask of cold indifference. "So this is what it finally comes to," he said. "So be it." He threw his head back, and roared.

When the resulting blue luminescence had dissipated, Abby realized that both the dragon and Jirachi were gone. "Oh great," she mumbled to herself. Then, erring on the side of caution, she ran to the other side of the room. Sure enough, a huge boulder detached from the ceiling of the cave directly above where she had just been standing and crashed into the ground with enough force to knock her a few inches into the air. It was a trap set by Dialga, who had just traveled back in time and placed it before either of them even arrived at the cave. "Celebi!" Abigail called, waiting only seconds before the time-traveling pokemon appeared before her. "We're going to have another time-travel fight."

Another one? You're going to get us both killed!

"Actually, you are. The longer we stand here, the more of a chance Dialga has to set traps."

Gah! We're leaving right now, then! Get ready!

And then all was green light. Abigail blinked against the brilliant color's sudden invasion of her senses, barely making out the blue luminance that Celebi was following through time: it was Dialga's trail. The azure path ended after a few moments, and Celebi eased off with her own time-traveling abilities, depositing them both a few hundred years in the past. Abby started running, ignoring the old-style buildings and shocked, strangely-dressed people that had intrigued her so much on her first jumping session. Flicking the safety off of her weapon, she barreled around a corner and unleashed a furious tongue of flame right as Dialga rounded the corner of the next street over: it was close, but she had missed. She sprinted after the dragon, navigating the avenue with a smooth grace that made her seem to defy physics to any casual passer-by. Using her left hand to catch a stoplight pole, she swung around the turn quickly while firing with her right hand: this shot washed over Dialga's flank, and he cried out loudly.

This was followed by another roar, and suddenly cars were falling off of buildings all around Abby; Dialga had jumped into the past again and set another trap. The young woman dove out from under a falling car, rolled instead of stopping to dodge another, and then was caught up in Celebi's powers just as yet another car was about to land on her. The car rewound itself comically back onto the roof it had fallen from, and then days began to speed by in reverse like someone rapidly turning a light on and off.

Farther into the past: nearly a thousand years this time. Buildings were no longer even remotely modern, but were instead easily recognizable as medieval. Abby was running once more, this time before the red spots imprinted into her vision by the green light had even faded. She moved lithely around carts drawn by Tauros, somersaulted over a canopied supply stand, and just barely noticed Dialga nursing his burn in a nearby alley before she raced by. Mid-run, the girl unclipped a fire grenade from her belt, twisted the knob on top, and winged it away. The buzzing canister landed next to Dialga, who sprung up and began to race away as it clattered about for a few seconds and then exploded in a brilliant ball of flame.

The burst illuminated the once-dark alleyway, and Abigail caught her breath as orange light gleamed off of a large array of metal surfaces. There was a small army of steel pokemon in the narrow, long space: apparently, Dialga had jumped part of the Steel Legion to this point in time. The dragon had escaped the firebomb with little more than a singed tail, and was now directing his metallic beasts to attack her. She turned and began running the other way.

"Not good, not good, not good!" She spoke the words as a mantra as she went, dropping her last grenade in an inconspicuous spot right as she rounded a corner. The object detonated moments later, the heated blast throwing blobs of fire and injured pokemon in every direction. More replaced the latter in an instant, moving quickly through the burning patch and sustaining nothing other than minor injuries. The orange glow reflecting off of their armored bodies only worked to make them seem more menacing.

Abigail combined sprinting forwards at full speed with short moments of running backwards and spraying her adversaries with the Flame Emitter. The metal battalion dwindled, but not nearly fast enough: they would soon overtake her. It was time to set a trap of her own.

Hailing Celebi, she told the pokemon to collect instances of her from the future: these instances would be brought from different points in her life to this era to help her fight. Once the battle was over, each instance would be returned to a time seconds before she was brought back: the returning instance would let the leaving instance know that it was safe to do so. If there was no returning instance, such as in the case of death, the leaving instance would stay put.

Once her directions had been relayed, Abigail was almost immediately surrounded with flashes of green light: nine of her were suddenly running by her side, ready to help.

Unfortunately, having multiple instances of herself in existence at once tore the very fabric of the universe, which subsequently imploded.

The End

--------

Kudos to anyone who read that whole thing. I know it was long. But your investment of time was worthwhile, wasn't it? I mean, look at that ending!

Anyhow, I noticed some strange similarities between Jax...err...Xanthine's segment and mine. They could almost, almost go together. Perhaps you are telepathic after all, Ja...dangit...Xanthine.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yeah, the last two DO seem to almost fit! O.o Completely.
    At least it was all dead and really funny... Ahaha!
    Anyway, I think next time, I'll make mine more crazy. :D

Back