• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like about your country?

Years
  • Pretty unusual question, but if so, what do you like about your country? For example, as I live in Australia, I like the fact that it's democracy, I hate communism, so cruel... Anyhow enough about that...

EDIT - Again, I forgot about putting in Other Chat, *sigh* can someone move it please.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I love how you can speak freely in Australia, and you can also speak your mind without being in trouble with the law (within reason).

Also, it's easy to get along with people here, too.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • Well, I really can't compair my country to others because I have never been out of the United States. But what I like about it here is that we have so many diffrent kinds of people.

I hate communism, so cruel...
    I wouldn't say it is cruel... It just doesn't work and leads to totalitarianism... Totalitarianism is what is cruel.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I like Australia's geographical location. It's so far from all other countries. :3

Years
  • EDIT - Again, I forgot about putting in Other Chat, *sigh* can someone move it please.

Poor Xuper-Xero, you haven't been on the ball lately. XD; It did seem like a nice enough topic for Other Voting Polls, but since you requested it be moved to Other Chat, then I've gone ahead and moved it for you.

What I like the most about this country is its weather. England is widely known for its spells of rain and cloud, the overall dreariness we seem to get so frequently here almost always leaves me feeling serene. But that's pretty much it, I'm afraid I haven't all that much to like about where I live.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well GB seems like its going downhill, but I suppose I can't complain when I compare it to all those other very poor African, Asian and South American countries.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • I too would have a hard time comparing other countries to Canada, for the same reason Infamous Amos has given. I am, however, thankful that I was fortunate enough to be born in a wealthy, stable country, where open minds and new ideas are widely accepted.

Apart from that, the cold weather is something that I'd never give up. I mean, a lot of people never even get the chance to see snow, which means they've probably never been skiing, tobogganing, etc.

Years
  • I live in Australia. It's awesome. The thing I like the most would probably have to be the social and cultural diversity. I don't think there is anywhere else in the world that can boast too much about something like this.

One of the very things I don't like about Australia is Kevin Rudd. He is just a horrible, horrible prime minister, and is totally butchering the country. This new internet filter is the final straw for me.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Well, the thing I like in my country is fresh air, green grass and the blue clear waters with thousands of Islands floating. It's an archipelago - the Philippines. Including the cheap, fast internet connection and computers. But I'm not proud to be born in my country anyway. :x

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
  • This is hard because pretty much everyone I know hates the US, but I don't mind living here and I cannot really figure out why I like being here.
    Well, entertainment is abundant. I enjoyed TV and computer/video games in the 90s. Oldie America is fun to look at. All sorts of neat things splurred about back then.
    Otherwise, I grew up in rather nice areas. Surreal life. I enjoy the suburbs and their big cities. Oh oh and into the forest near the mountains.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the fact that... we have Hamish and Andy, Rove, AFL, Neighbours, multicultral-ness, the fact that we have Malyka <3, the horses (yeah, Phar Lap, Maki-- diva horse), and the fact that we're generally a friendly country that gets along with most of the others.

Don't know me and didn't guess by what I said?

Australia. :D

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I love the United States. We're so diverse ethnically and geographically. I have friends with backgrounds from all over the world and I love to hear of their cultures. Geographically, we have everything. Mountains, valleys, huge lakes, beaches, marshes, etcetera. The climate is great too, I get to experience everything from 100 degree (F) days to below the freezing mark blizzard like days. I also like my freedom of speech. I can say whatever or think whatever I want. I really do love my country, even with minor problems. Alas, don't all countries have them?

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I'm from Kuwait, and I like so many things about it.

First, it's a small country, that's not that crowded.
    Second, no taxes whatsoever.
    Third, free health care and free education (even university is free).
    Fourth, LOTS of malls and places to have fun.
    Fifth, everything is SO cheap and efficient, and the shops close after 10pm.
    Sixth, you never get snow.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I like the United States because of it's history and climate.

It's pretty much a mixture of all the countries in the world.

Years
  • I'm from Kuwait, and I like so many things about it.

First, it's a small country, that's not that crowded.
    Second, no taxes whatsoever.
    Third, free health care and free education (even university is free).
    Fourth, LOTS of malls and places to have fun.
    Fifth, everything is SO cheap and efficient, and the shops close after 10pm.
    Sixth, you never get snow.

Oh wow, seriously? Kuwait seems to be the place to be in this global economic crisis. Pack your bags, gentleman! We are moving to Kuwait. :P

How is no snow a good thing? I always thought it would have been a bad thing. But maybe that's cause I've always wanted to go to the snow. >_<

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I live in England, so nothing. I'm really struggling to think of something...I suppose the rain, since when it's sunny it's always too hot. And fish'n'chips by the seaside!

Back