• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little Question?

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    what is the 24 character limit just wandering? i dont know much about pokecommunity but i just do some mono challenges and stuff.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • the 24 character limit is a way to prevent those simple Spam posts that contain so few words that they provide no discussion or value to the topic.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Each letter, number, space, or symbol you type is a character.

The character limit mean you must type at least 24 letters, numbers, spaces, or symbols to meet one of the criteria of Non-Spam posts.

The other criteria is that you don't post off topic, and that you post at least 4 words so even "That was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" is spam.

Bypassing is bad too. That meas "Tis so very cool *fillerfiller*" or anything of that nature is spam. The only place that is accepted is in Profile Messages and certain forums.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    For an alternative opinion, it forces in spam since, if I do a bold commentary, nothing in the quotes counts towards the character limit. Taking the quote tags away is not the solution...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Also, smilies DO NOT count as the character limit, so using those will be bypassing the 24 character limit if you use them, with anything below 24 characters.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • what is the 24 character limit just wandering? i dont know much about pokecommunity but i just do some mono challenges and stuff.

I stongly suggest that you read the rules, and check the FAQs before asking questions.

The character limit is the second rule. And it is what the others have stated; to help block potential spam.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm going to quote Smarties-Chan: "If you can say what you are thinking using less than four worths, well, chances are it's not worth listening to begin with".

Writing a decently long sentence is not that hard in my opinion.

Back